The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 Not Working in P3D v5 at all

Longtime FSUIPC user (FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3-5) with Saitek X-64 joystick.  No problems until FSUIPC6 installation.  Using P3D 4.5 and 5 now.  

The problem in P3D v5 is that the X-64 joystick is not recognized at all.  The only controller listed is mouse yoke.  FSUIPC6.ini (copy of FSUIPC5.ini) lists joystick as X-64.  

FSUIPC6 registered copy listed in P3D ADD-ON dropdown menu.  FSUIPC6 standard menu comes up, but Axis assignments and Button presses do not register as if the joystick wasn't connected.

Partial success with P3D v4.5.  FSUIPC6 recognizes X-64, accepts Axis assignments and Button presses; however, appears to no longer read aircraft profiles so incomplete transition to FSUIPC6.

Any help here would really be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

FSUIPC6.ini

7 hours ago, Iron Mike said:

appears to no longer read aircraft profiles

But there are no profiles set-up in your ini. In fact, the ini is nearly empty (i.e. default), and only shows 4 axis assignments to one device, although no devices are detected, which is very strange. 
Did you rename your FSUIPC5.ini file to FSUIPC6.ini? Please see the installation manual on how to preserve your settings.

Yes, I renamed FSUIPC5.ini to FSUIPC6.ini and placed it in the C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folder per instructions.  I did this prior to installation. 

It appears that the installation overwrote the ".ini file.  Do you concur?

Can I simply rename an old version of FSUIPC5.ini to FSUIPC6.ini and be fixed?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv

57 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

It appears that the installation overwrote the ".ini file.  Do you concur?

No - it is not possible for FSUIPC6 to overwrite the ini if it is there. Are you sure that you copied it to the correct place? Do you still have the original - if so, maybe try again (and post that)

I have no idea why no devices are being recognised though, although this is a separate problem. Are your devices recognised by Windows? How about in P3D (I see you still have controllers enabled there)?

Btw, there have also been a few minor updates over the last few days, latest version if V6.0.3. Please download and install that, although I don't think that will make any differences to your issues.

John

John, as I said in my previous email, I copied it to  the C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folder per instructions.  I did this prior to installation of FSUIPC6.  Is that not correct?

Yes, I have a reasonably current version of my FSUIPC5.ini available.

I installed v6.0.3 to P3D V5 only.  I copied a good copy of FSUIPC5.ini into "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6", renamed it FSUIPC6.ini. Took off with what seemed to be normal flight controls using X-45 joystick.  P3D V5 recognized my joystick for a couple of minutes then did not respond to flight control inputs such as elevator, rudder, thrust or aelerons.  Interestingly enough, after exit from P3D V5,  I noticed that FSUIPC6 is installed in "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons"  and in "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6".  I would assume it belongs in C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6".  Am I correct?

Reverted back to FSUIPC5.15 for P3D V4.5.  It now works fine again.  Everything appears normal with P3D v4.5

FSUIPC6.0.3 installation for P3D V5 did not work.  I ended up with 2 installations which I assume is the problem.  Guidance please.

Thanks for the help.

6 hours ago, Iron Mike said:

I copied it to  the C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folder per instructions.  I did this prior to installation of FSUIPC6.  Is that not correct?

No, its not correct, and that is not in the instructions. The instructions say to rename and copy to your installation folder.That is not your installation folder.

When you install FSUIPC6, you can select the folder in which you want to install. If you choose the add-on.xml method (which is the default), then a folder called FSUIPC6 will be created under your Documents\Prepar3D v? Add-ons folder (where ? is replaced by 4 and/or 5, depending which versions you choose to install into). You could (and should) choose to install FSUIPC6 itself in another folder, although the installer will also default to this folder for a clean install. If you previous have FSUIPC5 or 6, then it will default to the existing folder to install (usually the Modules folder).

You could check/post your install log (which is in the installation directory and also a copy with the installer) which would tell you what is installed and where (and what you previously had installed).

P3D V5 recognized my joystick for a couple of minutes then did not respond to flight control inputs

Can you check that you don't have the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device' checked on your USB devices. If thats not it, I need to see your log file.

I ended up with 2 installations which I assume is the problem

It is not possible to have 2 installations for one sim. 

Probably a good idea to uninstall and start again, and make note of where you have installed. Then, after installation, copy your FSUIPC5.ini file to that folder and rename it.

John

I got FSUIPC6 to work in P3D V5.  I am not quite sure why it works now, but it does.  I had 2 full installations: one in  "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" and one in "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6".  I deleted all files in "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" under the assumption that they were redundant since they were also in "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6".  When I deleted the files, FSUIPC6 no longer showed up in the P3D v5 "Add Ons" drop down menu and it was as if FSUIPC6 did not exist.  So I restored the files in "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add Onsand when I did everything returned to normal.  FSUIPC6 worked fine in P3D v5.

Case closed.  Problem resolved. P3D v 4.5 is running fine on FSUIPC5.15 and P3D v5 is running fine on FSUIPC6.

1 hour ago, Iron Mike said:

So I restored the files in "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add Ons"

You should not install FSUIPC6 into this folder really, although it will do no harm. There must be an FSUIPC6 folder under this, that contains the add-on.xml. You can install FSUIPC6 in there if you like, but it is better to install outside of this folder really(e.g. mine is in E:\FlightSim\P3D Add-ons\FSUIPC6).

Note that if you have (or will) install any other add-ons into P3Dv5 via the xml add-on method (which is now the recommended method by Prepar3d), then the add-on.xml for these will also be created in a folder under "C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add Ons". This folder should just contain a list of folders, one for each add-on.