The simFlight Network Forums

Does STB display any info for AI while I am flying

Hi There,

I wanted to know if STB should display any AI info while I am enroute flying.

Today I tried my first flight with STB, the information on the origin airport was good, but while enroute, nothings was displayed, even if I enter certain airport code.

So I wanted to know if there is any use of STB, while flying.

Thanks

If you have an Arrival and a Departure airfield entered into STB (eg. YSCB, YSSY) as you begin your flight, or if you have a flight plan entered into P3D that it can read ,then STD will update itself with AI arrivals and departures from airfields within a radius of your aircraft as you progress. You can limit it switching to smaller airfields en-route by setting an exclusion for airfields having say, less that 5 movements. 

Aussie is correct.  You can select any airport based on ICAO and at least a list of scheduled flights should show up even if there are no actual AI in the simulator operating those.  You'll need to have compiled the STB airport database for schedules like this to be available.