The simFlight Network Forums

Phnl terminal in Tower!2011

Psst6407

Is there a way to alter the terminal in the Phnl add on for tower!2011. I have all my arriving planes heading to the inter island terminal up taxiways L and G. Would like to separate that and the international to make it more realistic. Also is it possible to use the GA area in this add on by runway 4R/22L as the airfreight terminal?  I know its an old game but I hope someone still has knowledge to help a noob out. 

Edited by Psst6407
Added too post

I had a similar problem with EGLL (Heathrow) 
Sadly the vacate from runway is dictated by the number of terminals / stands
For myself this was easy to correct by using the northern most runway, and in turn this forced all arrivals into the correct procedures

It looks like this would not be possible to apply to PHNL 
However, what you might want to consider is modifying the terminals.txt file 
In turn you will also need to use the AirField.exe program to make sure you use the same definition for each terminal and/or gate 

I managed to add four stands (Terminal 5A) that were missing in EGLL
I also added the Cargo Terminal, and again this was completed by using the AirField.exe program and terminals.txt file

Thanks for the reply. Yes in the terminal folder there is only the one option for passenger planes. So i have tried to open AirfieldEd to load the .afx but are getting a texture error message and AirfieldEd not responding. Is it because its the steam download version?

19 hours ago, mjkerr said:

Sadly the vacate from runway is dictated by the number of terminals / stands

@Psst6407 In tower 2011, the A/C always vacate in the direction of the most terminals. What I did was delete enough GA parking spots until there was one less than the number of bays at the terminal.

Presto, all A/C arriving on 08L turned left when exiting. It makes it easier to give taxi commands. From memory taxiways L & G were always a problem. I ignored the intl vs domestic flights but gave HA intl a different ICAO & IATA to differentiate between them. Not having real color it made no difference to the look of the aircraft. I used to use 08R for carg A/c and they went straight to the cargo terminal no problems.

Hope this helps

Kev

Well i fixed the cargo flights by editing the shedules folder to actually have cargo flights (fedex and NAC), I see in the terminals folder that there is also AAH,DHL and UPS assigned but when i tried to add flights for those in the schedule, they never appeared. Can I just add these companies into the airlines folder?

1 hour ago, Psst6407 said:

Well i fixed the cargo flights by editing the shedules folder to actually have cargo flights (fedex and NAC), I see in the terminals folder that there is also AAH,DHL and UPS assigned but when i tried to add flights for those in the schedule, they never appeared. Can I just add these companies into the airlines folder?

You will need to add the operators to the airlines.txt file if they are not there. Also check that the airports that they operate to/from are in the airports.txt file. 

Kev

Thanks Kev, played around and have added airlines that match the existing ICAO codes terminal.txt 

Have you added GA aircraft to the sim the same way?

There are no ICAO codes involved, so all you should have to do is add flights to the GA schedule file (gaandlocaltraffic.txt if I’m not mistaken). 

I am loving this, for an old game its still very fun to play around with. I installed phnl real color now too, but I am missing a few A/c liveries that I would like to introduce

Aloha Air Cargo 737 (732), UPS 747(742) 767(763) and MD 11 and Fedex 777 and MD 11 and HAL A321

Are they in any other real color pack? Had a quick play with paintshop trying my own (but not very good) effort.

13 hours ago, Psst6407 said:

Are they in any other real color pack? Had a quick play with paintshop trying my own (but not very good) effort.

There is a list of liveries and packs for Tower3D, so I asked if there was a similar one for Tower 2011 
Sadly, I never got an answer to this

None of those liveries in Heathrow, in fact no cargo liveries at all! 
I tried to create a British Airways liveried A380, but gave in 
Equally, the schedule I created did not use the B757 or B767, so I copied and modifed the B757 into the A350 and the B767 into the B787 (as they look quite similar)
I also did the same with some of the cargo aircraft where a livery already exists
Example, Emirates Cargo 77F using the 77W, Qatar Cargo 33F using the 333

Does your pack have Aloha or HAL?

Yes it has HAL 767, A330 and 717s but not the newer 321 or anything at all for AAH. I tried to make a UPS 747, it looked great in paintshop but not  in the plane editor. The airplane file is actually pretty limited with livery options but i guess HNL traffic and plane type has altered alot since 2011. 

I would of thought the Memphis add on might of had FedEx liveries so might spalsh some cash for a look.

I would of thought the Memphis add on might of had FedEx liveries so might spalsh some cash for a look.

It does look like FedEx liveries are included 
https://www.nyergesdesign.com/copy-of-real-color-kdtw-1?lightbox=dataItem-j3n17x4o1

I would suggest you contact Nyerges Design just to make sure (unless you want to risk punting $7)
I would be interested too, but never received a response to a general query as to what liveries were supplied to each specific airport