The simFlight Network Forums

Display weather on GC

Hello,   

We have the following solution for displaying the weather radar on the project magenta  glasscockpit:  

1) Active Sky generates the weather based on actual weather.  

2) This data is transmitted via FSUIPC (offset 0F1C and 9C00) to P3D which displays a corresponding weather forecast.  

3) Depending on the configuration of FSUIPC (line ASNwxRadarBitmapPath = \) P3D generates a BMP file (radar image) which it deposits in the NetDir folder. It works very well.  

4) PmGetWeather, scan the "NetDir" folder then it converts the BMP image into a DAT file which it transmits in the respective folders of the pilot and co-pilot's glasscockpit. This point also works.  

We have a correct image of the weather radar.  

In the project magenta there is the offset 04F4 which allows, among other things, the following commands:   

21000 + Tilt / 2
22000 + Gain / 2
20001 Wx + TERR
20002 WXR
20003 WXR (VAR)
20004 MAP
20005 TEST  

The problem is that there seem to be two ways for the project magenta  to display the weather.   

Either we generate an image as we do or there is another way that I do not know.   

Why I say that, because if I change the offset 04F4 for example to display the Wx + Terr mode the Glass cockpit indicator displays this indication, but we lose the display of the radar image or 3 blue bars appear ...  

Another example. I start the PFD / ND, activate the weather by the EFIS which is displayed correctly. I change the Tilt, the value does not change in the indication PFD / ND. I change the mode to TEST then to WXR I lose the radar as indicated above, but the tilt display in the PFD / ND works.  

As soon as a radar info is changed in this offset, it is no longer possible to display the radar correctly. The only method is to stop the PFD / ND and restart it. All this seems logical, because in our configuration, project magenta only intervenes for the display of the weather in the PFD / ND. But then, how to indicate the mode of the radar, the gain and the tilt to P3D or PmGetWeather ?  

Thank you for your help

www.737project.com

57 minutes ago, wsixpo said:

Why I say that, because if I change the offset 04F4 for example to display the Wx + Terr mode the Glass cockpit indicator displays this indication, but we lose the display of the radar image or 3 blue bars appear ...  

If you are changing the image definition, it will create a new bitmap and overwrite the existing one. If you want to display/keep multiple bitmaps, you would have to save/rename the original before updating. FSUIPC only provides the facilities to create the bitmap.

Sorry, but I do not use Project Magenta and cannot advise further. Have you tried their support?

John

• 3 years later...
On 4/27/2020 at 1:00 PM, wsixpo said:

Hello,   

We have the following solution for displaying the weather radar on the project magenta  glasscockpit:  

1) Active Sky generates the weather based on actual weather.  

2) This data is transmitted via FSUIPC (offset 0F1C and 9C00) to P3D which displays a corresponding weather forecast.  

3) Depending on the configuration of FSUIPC (line ASNwxRadarBitmapPath = \) P3D generates a BMP file (radar image) which it deposits in the NetDir folder. It works very well.  

4) PmGetWeather, scan the "NetDir" folder then it converts the BMP image into a DAT file which it transmits in the respective folders of the pilot and co-pilot's glasscockpit. This point also works.  

We have a correct image of the weather radar.  

In the project magenta there is the offset 04F4 which allows, among other things, the following commands:   

21000 + Tilt / 2
22000 + Gain / 2
20001 Wx + TERR
20002 WXR
20003 WXR (VAR)
20004 MAP
20005 TEST  

The problem is that there seem to be two ways for the project magenta  to display the weather.   

Either we generate an image as we do or there is another way that I do not know.   

Another example. I start the PFD / ND, activate the weather by the EFIS which is displayed correctly. I change the Tilt, the value does not change in the indication PFD / ND. I change the mode to TEST then to WXR I lose the radar as indicated above, but the tilt display in the PFD / ND works.  

As soon as a radar info is changed in this offset, it is no longer possible to display the radar correctly. The only method is to stop the PFD / ND and restart it. All this seems logical, because in our configuration, project magenta only intervenes for the display of the weather in the PFD / ND. But then, how to indicate the mode of the radar, the gain and the tilt to P3D or PmGetWeather ?  

Thank you for your help

www.737project.com

Hello,

I see in your post that you managed to get pmgetweather to convert the .bmp file created by FSUIPC into pmwx.dat.

In my case I was only able to create myRadarFile.bmp within the NetDIr folder on the CDU PC, which is correctly updating the ASN images in this file, but how can I setup to create the pmwx.dat file in the GC to have the radar images?   Looks like that pmgetweather is not converting the file to send it to GC….show after some time Active Sky BMP not found…

If you could help me I would appreciate it as I've been trying to resolve this for a week without success.

If you could share your settings of  pmgetweather.ini file, I could check with mine if everything is correct.

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, carlos hermida said:

I see in your post that you managed to get pmgetweather to convert the .bmp file created by FSUIPC into pmwx.dat.

If you want a response from the OP, better to tag them with the @wsixpo syntax (now done!).

I don't know much about PM or pmgetweather and the pmwx.dat file, so can't help. See if the OP responds, or maybe ask on the PM forums (presuming there is one!).

John

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

If you want a response from the OP, better to tag them with the @wsixpo syntax (now done!).

I don't know much about PM or pmgetweather and the pmwx.dat file, so can't help. See if the OP responds, or maybe ask on the PM forums (presuming there is one!).

John

Thanks John to tag him for me !

Let’s see if I am luck to receive any help from him because there is not any forum from PM….

Carlos