The simFlight Network Forums

Ejets V2 - Top Of Descent WAY too early?

FredricG

Hi All,

Just started on this forum since I can't find a solution to my problem anywhere else.

Anyway, I purchased the E-Jets V2 for FSX:SE and it's a fun but challenging aircraft to fly, and I think I've got the hang of it for the most part after reading the manual. The only problem I'm having is with VNAV. It plans my Top Of Descent (TOD) way too early. I was flying from Phoenix to Los Angeles in the E175 and it started descending me on the STAR approximately 150 miles out, and looking at the FMC, it intended to fly me down to 2000 feet way before I hit the LA area and just fly the rest of the route at 2000 feet. What can I do to make it fly an accurate top of descent profile? Thank you!

2 problem there, and it still persists in V3

1. the "above" alt restriction will be interpret by FMS as "at", so if there are one point in STAR says above like FL100 while normal profile will go FL150, you'll get 5000 feet low.

2. in the AOM "found online" there are an deccent profile setting table, for weight like 70000lbs, the VPATH profile would be set at something 260/.65/3.5 (I write by memory so don'y quote that) rather than the default 290/.75/3.0, you need to set that in PREF INIT.

15 hours ago, C2615 said:

2 problem there, and it still persists in V3

1. the "above" alt restriction will be interpret by FMS as "at", so if there are one point in STAR says above like FL100 while normal profile will go FL150, you'll get 5000 feet low.

2. in the AOM "found online" there are an deccent profile setting table, for weight like 70000lbs, the VPATH profile would be set at something 260/.65/3.5 (I write by memory so don'y quote that) rather than the default 290/.75/3.0, you need to set that in PREF INIT.

It's still descending me way too early. Also, when I try to complete the perf initialization, it ALWAYS gives me the "CHECK DEST FUEL" message and doesn't let me complete the perf initialization.

4 hours ago, FredricG said:

It's still descending me way too early. Also, when I try to complete the perf initialization, it ALWAYS gives me the "CHECK DEST FUEL" message and doesn't let me complete the perf initialization.

Did you go thru the tutorial included with the Ejets?