The simFlight Network Forums

PFC DLL driver for serial device (MSFS2020)

Aircom

Hi,

As an alpha tester, I know that my PFC serial throttle quadrant is not recognized by FS2020 and the PFC company has told me that they won't support it with a new driver. As I'm not sure if this is Pete who write the PFC dll I'm using in Prepar3D, found at fsuipc.com, I would like to know if he will write some new driver for my serial quadrant for FS2020. If there is no, I Will have to buy some new levers, but this is pity to throw away my old expensive device that works very well.

Thanks

Nick

1 hour ago, Aircom said:

As an alpha tester, I know that my PFC serial throttle quadrant is not recognized by FS2020 and the PFC company has told me that they won't support it with a new driver. As I'm not sure if this is Pete who write the PFC dll I'm using in Prepar3D, found at fsuipc.com, I would like to know if he will write some new driver for my serial quadrant for FS2020.

If it is possible, then yes, one will be produced. But it is first entirely dependent on FSUIPC, and we cannot give any hard commitments on that yet either. Currently there simply is not sufficient information for us to commit to anything nor provide any sort of timescale. 

We have good intentions and want to support MSFS in all the ways we support P3D, but whatever transpires It will certainly be a lot of work. There is little in common with the previous simulators we have supported..

Pete

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Pete,

ABSOLUTELY NOT rushing you, but like Aircom, I"m in the same boat with the PFC Throttle Quadrant.  I'm a very satisfied customer with FSUIPC, and look forward to the update when it comes.  I'm going to load MSFS 2020 tomorrow, but I guess fly it with my mouse or keyboard for throttle until we hear from you.

Sincerely,

Paul

4 minutes ago, N987PL said:

Pete,

ABSOLUTELY NOT rushing you, but like Aircom, I"m in the same boat with the PFC Throttle Quadrant.  I'm a very satisfied customer with FSUIPC, and look forward to the update when it comes.  I'm going to load MSFS 2020 tomorrow, but I guess fly it with my mouse or keyboard for throttle until we hear from you.

Sincerely,

Paul

You can already download fsuipc 7 beta + the updated PFC dll. When you install fs2020, you will then be able to find simconnect.dll to be added to your fsuipc7 installation folder. Let's keep fingers crossed.

All my PFC equipment (Airliner yoke, rudder, avionics, and throttle/flap/gear) run off off the old serial port connection.. can anyone confirm if any of this works in FS2020?

If not Im not wasting $180 to fly with a joystick until hopefully Pete gets it working if possible

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, ChrisCYWG said:

All my PFC equipment (Airliner yoke, rudder, avionics, and throttle/flap/gear) run off off the old serial port connection.. can anyone confirm if any of this works in FS2020?

As stated earlier, and documented in the place you download latest versions (Download Links above or on FSUIPC.com), the latest version of the PFCcom64.dll module has been updated for MSFS. The rest is dependent upon the facilities offered by MSFS SimConnect, which are still incomplete.  We think much will work, but there will still be areas where the facilities in SimConnect are incomplete or simply not yet working.

In order to progress this with Microsoft & ASOBO, we need feedback.  So, if you intend to get MSFS 2020 at any time, don't wait. The sooner you try things and report back then sooner it'll all be fully working.

Pete

13 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

As stated earlier, and documented in the place you download latest versions (Download Links above or on FSUIPC.com), the latest version of the PFCcom64.dll module has been updated for MSFS. The rest is dependent upon the facilities offered by MSFS SimConnect, which are still incomplete.  We think much will work, but there will still be areas where the facilities in SimConnect are incomplete or simply not yet working.

In order to progress this with Microsoft & ASOBO, we need feedback.  So, if you intend to get MSFS 2020 at any time, don't wait. The sooner you try things and report back then sooner it'll all be fully working.

Pete

You can count on me to test this. I have PFC yoke + quadrant + rudders. I only use the quadrant with other sims since I have new other non serial equipments but I will get back the old ones from the cellar to help you test them.

8 minutes ago, Aircom said:

You can count on me to test this. I have PFC yoke + quadrant + rudders. I only use the quadrant with other sims since I have new other non serial equipments but I will get back the old ones from the cellar to help you test them.

Thank you!

Pete

While fs2020 is downloading, I shall ask how I will get access to the PFC panel for configuration. Under P3D, there are 2 entries in the modules menu, one for fsuipc and one for pfc. In this new version 7 will we get access to the PFC setup directly from fsuipc?

2 minutes ago, Aircom said:

I shall ask how I will get access to the PFC panel for configuration. Under P3D, there are 2 entries in the modules menu, one for fsuipc and one for pfc. In this new version 7 will we get access to the PFC setup directly from fsuipc?

FSUIPC will have its own menu bar. It'll be in there. You can get FSUIPC to show itself via ALT+F (default assignment, can be changed).

Pete

Hi Pete,

I did not apply to alpha or beta for MSFS but I do own PFC Cirrus II BATD serial port hardware. I am downloading the SDK for MSFS now and as soon as I can get the simconnect.dll into the FSUIPC 7 folder I will test for you. I used to do a great deal of beta work with Dreamfleet, Flight1, PilotEdge and a few others. Are there any particular functionalities with the PFC Cirrus II BATD you want hammered out?

Zane

23 minutes ago, zfehr said:

I used to do a great deal of beta work with Dreamfleet, Flight1, PilotEdge and a few others. Are there any particular functionalities with the PFC Cirrus II BATD you want hammered out?

Well, just check what works and what doesn't. Hopefully nothing doesn't work -- but not having been able to test every single SimConnect function and Event we are not sure. you can help us tick them off.

Short lists of "good, works" and "bad, doesn't work" -- with notes as to in what way.

Thanks.

Pete

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, just check what works and what doesn't. Hopefully nothing doesn't work -- but not having been able to test every single SimConnect function and Event we are not sure. you can help us tick them off.

Short lists of "good, works" and "bad, doesn't work" -- with notes as to in what way.

Thanks.

Pete

Was able to get a short flight during lunch. 3 CTD before successfully getting a flight to load, stuttering is bad but that has already been addressed as a SimConnect.dll problem on their side (my computer is same specs as those running Ultra during Beta testing smoothly). RIC fully functional (ADF knob, CRS knob, HDG knob, Alt knob, BRG1 knob and BRG2 knob). Radio stack tunes and changes frequencies in both com units and both nav units. Transponder codes match screen display and tune properly. I'll get a chance later this evening to test autopilot and other button functions. I was unable to bring up the GUI for the PFC.dll, it does bring up the test function on startup and that is working properly. FSUIPC 7 does indicate movements of controls and button presses but the PFC.dll has the programming set to functions and they are blank in FSUIPC 7 (which I believe is how it is intended). Maybe I missed an instruction but if there is a way to bring up the GUI for the PFC.dll there are some settings I would like to change and check on.

Thanks,

Zane

Some initial tests show that my throttle quadrant is correctly handled and I have nothing to complain about so far except of course the degraded FPS which makes the whole thing unflyable 😉. Note that I just tested throttle and mixture in a single prop for the moment.

Will try the rudders and yoke tomorrow, as well as more from the quadrant.

Update: did I say thank you? Oh no! So, thanks a ton for making my old hardware work with fs2020 !!!

Nick

1 minute ago, Aircom said:

Some initial tests show that my throttle quadrant is correctly handled and I have nothing to complain about so far except of course the degraded FPS which makes the whole thing unflyable 😉. Note that I just tested throttle and mixture in a single prop for the moment.

Will try the rudders and yoke tomorrow, as well as more from the quadrant.

Update: did I say thank you? Oh no! So, thanks a ton for making my old hardware work with fs2020 !!!

Nick

Are you able to assign throttles, axis's, buttons,  etc... from within FSUIPC to the PFC equipment?

Just now, Aircom said:

I guess that it should be recognized by the sim without any need of fsuipc and pfcdll

For all my throttle axis's, assignments and buttons I have everything mapped through fsuipc now. I guess I could try native MFS and use fsuipc as a backup. I keep reading the native method is quite difficult. 

55 minutes ago, B773ER said:

For all my throttle axis's, assignments and buttons I have everything mapped through fsuipc now. I guess I could try native MFS and use fsuipc as a backup. I keep reading the native method is quite difficult. 

I don't understand what you mean. You were talking of USB equipment. So you don't need fsuipc at all here. You can map directly in fs.

Hey all,  

I've got a PFC C2 Pro Panel the new USB version.  Are you saying it should work native with MSFS2020?  I was assuming that I'd be joining the testing effort for fsuipc7 but now I'm confused.  I've just finished the install, and haven't tried anything yet. Should I be using fsuipc7? 

Cheers