The simFlight Network Forums

Purchasing FSUIPC v6

I already have FSUIPC4 with WideClient for FSX that I purchased last year. Now that I have P3dv4.5 installed, do I need to purchase FSUIPC6?? Because I'm a bit confused as on the website, it says, 

Note: if you have purchased WideFS to work with FSUIPC4 or FSUIPC5, there is no need to re-purchase. Your existing registration details will still be applicable.

Am I to presume that the FSUIPC4 was for those who had it installed for earlier versions of P3D??      

25 minutes ago, raptor84 said:

Note: if you have purchased WideFS to work with FSUIPC4 or FSUIPC5, there is no need to re-purchase. Your existing registration details will still be applicable.

That is correct. you can used WideFS with P3D4 by registering it with your existing key. WideFS7 is still the same product, effectively, so needs no re-purchase.

27 minutes ago, raptor84 said:

Am I to presume that the FSUIPC4 was for those who had it installed for earlier versions of P3D?? 

FSUIPC4 is for FSX and P3D1-3. You will need to upgrade to FSUIPC6 for P3D4, and purchase that if you need to use its user features.

Pete

So that I understood correctly:

1). The existing key I have for WideFS for FSX and can be used for WideFS7 for P3D4??

2). The existing key I have for FSUIPC4 for FSX WILL NOT work for FSUIPC6 for P3D4 which results me having to purchase a key for FSUIPC6??

Hi,

1) correct, the already purchased Key for WideFS7 you got to work with FSUIPC4 (FSX/ FSX-SE) will work as well with FSUIPC6 (for P3Dv4 & P3Dv5)

2) correct, you will have to purcgase FSUIPC6 that will work for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5.

Please note there is only one licence needed for FSUIPC6 independent of using it for P3Dv4 or P3Dv5 or both on your systems.

Thomas