The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

STB V5 for Prepar3D-V5 Beta

1 minute ago, flying-w said:

The beta has 24 hours left to go.  If you want to get a copy of it sooner, just send me details of your original STB V4 for Prepar3D V4 purchase via PM or email, and send me your email address.

Thanks

Simon

I see you contacted me via PM!  I'll be in touch

Downoload, install on both the FS machine and client was flawless.   

Data Server works perfectly for all functions.    

Program works without issue on client machine.   Settings adjusted without issue.   Tested at my home location, works perfectly.  

Here is one tiny concern, truly not related to any sort of bug.   But at my home location, we have a medical service operated by a small fleet of PC-12's.   The operation is called "Ornge" , I developed flight plans for their ops across Ontario which are posted in my thread at the AIG site.    However, the logo for Ornge appears as an "Air Holland" logo which I'm thinking is because there is no Ornge logo.     I haven't read the manual about changing the logo, so that's on the list for this morning, but in the event that it is something that requires a modification at the developer's end, I attached both logos.   

Great stuff, working superbly in v5. 

John

zrwciS9s_400x400.jpg

Air_holland-logo-1554107A48-seeklogo.com.gif

Just read the manual and renamed the airline to its correct identifcation "PULSE".   Saved the PULSE logo in the specified folder.    

The old airline name was ORANGE which I gather is the name associated to Air Holland's.    Now, I just need to create a new file in EditVoicepack for PULSE.  

Love STB

JH 

20 hours ago, flying-w said:

Should be, is there a specific reason for your question?

No. Just paranoid. 🤔

8 hours ago, jhaley101 said:

Just read the manual and renamed the airline to its correct identification "PULSE".   Saved the PULSE logo in the specified folder.    

The old airline name was ORANGE which I gather is the name associated to Air Holland's.    Now, I just need to create a new file in EditVoicepack for PULSE.  

Love STB

JH 

The choice of logo is primarily driven by the ATC_AIRLINE keyword from the aircraft.cfg for the AI concerned, and if that's not available we use a combination of the ATC_TYPE and ATC_MODEL. The former is more commonly known as the callsign, and the latter the aircraft manufacture and type.

There's nothing to force AI publishers to make unique callsigns, so will collide with other packages although the better publishers tend to use real world callsigns which helps keep it all clean.  In your case Air Holland callsign is ORANGE (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Holland) so that's correct.  Renaming your local AI to use a different callsign will get you past this issue.

Simon

2 hours ago, Psybear2 said:

No. Just paranoid. 🤔

I can't keep up with all the new versions of this that and the other, let alone STB!

The beta is now complete, many thanks everyone for participating.  There will be a phased release to the usual stores over the coming days, starting with SimMarket.

Thank you for allowing us to be your beta testers and pain in the asses 🙂

warmest greets and Be Safe Simon!!!

BobM.

That was fast.  So until  5.1 or HF2 or... 😈😎

I keep forgetting to ask but why are the Embraers  preceded by "SILENT" on the board?

Very Best Regards,
Clayton

8 hours ago, Psybear2 said:

I keep forgetting to ask but why are the Embraers  preceded by "SILENT" on the board?

Simply because the AI package concerned has chosen it to be that way.  Sometime instead of "Embraer E175" they specify "Silent E175".  Not sure of the purpose, something to do with ommiting the word from ATC?  Seen this in AIG and WOAI before it.

OK, SimMarket should be live now with STB V5 for Prepar3D V5.  Anyone here ordered through SimMarket, and if you did would you mind checking your account to see if the V5 download is available alongside the others?

SimMarket are first as I have a lot of control over my little part of their world.  The others will come, but more hoops to jump through.  

If you can't wait I quite understand, and you are quite welcome to contact me in the mean time to request it.  You'll need to email me your original invoice for STB and then we are all set.

Thanks again Beta Testers!

Simon

I can appreciate why they are doing it - Thanks.  I do map them to the aircraft manufacturer once inside STB, but as AIG changes a lot (which is a good thing), it's quite a bit of work to keep up.  I would like to try to publish updates a bit more often.

Simon