The simFlight Network Forums

Makerunwys and R4.csv

Hi pete
Congratulations on all of your help to the sim community with their programs.
Last weekend I updated my P3D v4.5 to revision 3 and I have a bug with r4.csv, makerunways and AhsBender for Airhispania.
I flew between GCTS and LEMD but when I rated my fligt I saw that in LEMD there were not all tracks. You ran makerunways as administrator again (version 4.90) with lorby in the sim folder.
In LEMD only the tracks were 32L / R and 36L / R when they must also be 14L / R and 18L / R.
The r4.csv file says that LEMD there are only 32L / R and 36L / R.
I have followed all the instructions to download the latest version of makerunways but there are no changes in r4.csv.
Do you have any idea what is going on?
This is dropbox link to my r4.csv file   https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp2aqpb5y4yu6p7/r4.csv?dl=0
Thank you four for your time.

4 hours ago, hofkner said:

Do you have any idea what is going on? This is dropbox link to my r4.csv file https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp2aqpb5y4yu6p7/r4.csv?dl=0

Check the entries for LEMD in the Runways.txt file, which is the log of the processing MakeRunways performed. The last such entry in the file will tell you why.

Pete

On 6/5/2020 at 0:37, Pete Dowson said:

Verifique las entradas para LEMD en el archivo Runways.txt, que es el registro del procesamiento realizado por MakeRunways. La última entrada de este tipo en el archivo le dirá por qué.

Pete

First, sorry for the delate in my answer.

I checked runways.txt and I saw many runways and frecuencies were deleted in several airports. 

For example in LEMD, the file says:

Area.171 "Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional" (Layer=171)
Path(Local/Remote)=F:\Addons\Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\.
=============================================================================
F:\Addons\Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\.\scenery\LEMD_AFX-OP02-N.bgl
Deletions check for Airport LEMD:
          Delete all taxiways!

Delete all runways and starts!

*** DelBth *** LEMD0151 Lat 40.493832 Long -3.556907 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 145 Len 11483 Wid 197

*** DelBth *** LEMD0152 Lat 40.484657 Long -3.575892 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 145 Len 13485 Wid 197

*** DelBth *** LEMD0181 Lat 40.533371 Long -3.559263 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 183 Len 11483 Wid 197

*** DelBth *** LEMD0182 Lat 40.531639 Long -3.574802 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 183 Len 14279 Wid 197 ILS 110.70, Flags: GS DME BC

*** DelBth *** LEMD0331 Lat 40.455406 Long -3.546138 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 325 Len 13485 Wid 197 ILS 109.90, Flags: GS DME BC

*** DelBth *** LEMD0332 Lat 40.468922 Long -3.531566 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 325 Len 11483 Wid 197 ILS 109.10, Flags: GS DME BC

*** DelBth *** LEMD0361 Lat 40.492470 Long -3.574586 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 3 Len 14279 Wid 197

*** DelBth *** LEMD0362 Lat 40.501877 Long -3.559090 Alt 1936.99 Hdg 3 Len 11483 Wid 197

Delete all helipads!
          Delete all taxiways!

COM: Delete all frequencies!
F:\Addons\Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\.\scenery\LEMD_AFX-OP02-N.bgl

Airport LEMD :N40:28:14.2163  W003:33:42.5330  1999.99ft
          Country Name="Spain"
          State Name="Madrid"
          City Name="Madrid"
          Airport Name="Madrid-Barajas"
          in file: F:\Addons\Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\.\scenery\LEMD_AFX-OP02-N.bgl

I don´t understand which is the reason becouse all raunways are deleted when run makerunways as administrator rights. What´s wrong??

Last weekend i reinstalled P3D and r4.csv file had all LEMD´s runways but when ran makerunways, LEMD only had 4 runways.

Thanks for your help.

9 hours ago, hofkner said:

I don´t understand which is the reason becouse all raunways are deleted when run makerunways as administrator rights. What´s wrong??

Add-on airports replace default airports. In order to do this the airport facilities data (in the BGL "LEMD_AFX-OPO2-N.bgl" as shown) contains special Deletion codes telling P3D to throw away data it was previously given (by an earlier loaded BGL file).  Then fresh data can be used. Otherwise P3D would get two sets, probably conflicting.

All MakeRunways is doing in its Log (that Runways.txt file) is listing the fact that the deletion codes are seen and executed -- they must come before the additions, so they are listed first.

MakeRunwayts has to do two passes over the files in order to get the right order -- all deletes from files in the folder, then all addtions.

So all the airport data is then added in the second pass, the one where you seem to have listed (above) only the heading details. All of the runway, taxipaths, gates and COM frequencies will be listed after those headngs, before moving on to the next airport.

9 hours ago, hofkner said:

Last weekend i reinstalled P3D and r4.csv file had all LEMD´s runways but when ran makerunways, LEMD only had 4 runways.

So, how did the first r4.csv get generated? It must have been from MakeRunways. So you ran the program twice and got different results without changing anything else? You aren't making sense, so please explain.

If you see 4 runways in r4.csv they MUST be listed in MakeRunways,txt, so why do you show in yorpost here only the heading of the last LEMD entry? The answers to your questions are in the part you don't bother to show!

LEMD only has 4 runways, each with 2 "start points", so 8 Start points. However, it looks like you have elected to only install the BGL which assumes winds from the North (I think that's what the -N means in the BGL name. It might mean landing or taking off from the North).

Probably, in order to get the correct traffic flow, the scenery file -N removes the start points from the ends of the runways not being used. This sort of thing is done by some add-ons to overcome the problems in the Sim (which are supposed to be fixed in P3D4.5) whereby a runway cam't be closed for landing ot takeoff at one end without also doing so on the other end.

The documentation for your add-on airport should explain this to you and inform you of which file to install for North, South or both ends active.

Pete

Thanks Pete for your answer.

Now it´s solved and the clue has been your comment about the file LEMD_AFX-OPO2-N.bgl . Here was the trouble with de Aerosoft Setup config that allows to select the runways in use.

As you can see in the image, I can select runways to the north or south even both. I had selected only north runways and that was the reason becouse I saw 4 runways.

image.png.50db76d2026bda4d110c6b1a9f7987cc.png

You asked me why I had two differentes r4.csv files and was becouse first file was standar file when I had installed P3D again, the original file. Then I installed Aerosoft LEMD selecting only north runways and the I ran makerunways. 

Thanks four your help an I am sorry for my trouble due to a wrong instalation.