The simFlight Network Forums

Macro files LVAR question

Hello, I am having a problem that I have never seen on the forums. I have to say that I'm new to those subjects and it's the first time I post a question.
I create MCRO files from LVAR and I associate keyboard shortcuts with FSUIPC version 6. I'm on P3DV4.5 on the FLIGHT1 CITATION MUSTANG V2
For example "MASTERBATT":
the macro is as follows:
[Macros]
1=L:MASTERBATT=1.000000=toggle
Then for example I define ctrl + shift + W as shortcut for this macro.
With this command, the battery button moves to the ON or OFF position but nothing happens: it looks like my macros only act on the graphic interface, but not on the action in the background.
Anyone have an idea? Did I forget something? Thanks a lot for your help.

35 minutes ago, CLPILOT said:

With this command, the battery button moves to the ON or OFF position but nothing happens: it looks like my macros only act on the graphic interface, but not on the action in the background.

Many gauges are written like this, using L:Vars simply to keep track and control the graphic relating to a setting, but not the setting itself.

Does the normal Master Battery control not operate on this aircraft? If it doesn't, and there is no other L:Var which does the job then why not use a Mouse Macro?

Pete

...Pete just beat me to it!

I would just add that, if the normal Master Battery control toggles the battery but doesn't change the UI, you can send both the control and the lvar toggle by making the button press operate more than one action. This requires editing the .ini file and is explained in the Advanced User manual. However, it would be easier to use a mouse-macro, as Pete says.

John

thank you both for your quick response! In fact, I don't use Mouse Macro because I have two types of problems on this particular plane:
1. Either the macro works on the panel view on which it was programmed but as soon as I change my view (for example virtual cockpit view) it no longer works. I tried to add the line with the code 13 for Mouse release as I was suggested but it does not work.
2. Or when creating the macro I click on certain commands but nothing happens (the window where you have to enter the name of the macro does not appear, like the mouse click wasn't recognized)

Besides, the normal Master Battery control operates well on this aircraft, but I don't know how to send both the control and the lvar toggle by editing the ini file as you say. I will look in the manual but do you have an example and can you tell me where in the manual it is explained?

Again, thank you!

1 hour ago, CLPILOT said:

can you tell me where in the manual it is explained?

On page 28.

Basically you:
  - program one action in FSUIPC and close
  - open your ini file and find the line corresponding to that action. Copy that line.
  - Go back into the FSUIPC button or key tab (depending on what you are programming it for), and re-program the key/button for you second action and close.
    This will replace the first action you programmed.
  - open your ini again and paste the line you copied in step 2, directly after the new action for that key/button
  - adjust the numbers n (in 'n=...') so that they consecutively increment
  - open FSUIPC again, got to the buttons or keys tab, and click the 'Reload all ...' button to force reloading of your modified ini