The simFlight Network Forums

PHNL Released

Sky King

Quik Review:

I like it, potential to be a favourite due to cargo and small props, saying that,  some quick things I noticed

717's can get squeezy if they encounter each other on L and G above LG.. they stop.. but a CONT-Taxi helps.

Planes landing on 4L with a gate at the C-taxiway can only use A as exit? so.. a small Cessna has to use the whole runway // D and E exits are not working?

Real Traffic is not that busy.. about 30 planes max/hour, definately needs a custom schedule (hard to get now), I think 80-100 planes/hour is easily feasible here. 30 makes it a little bit boring

I studied HNL last few days, 717's tend to take of mostly from 8L@L, just as props coming from north side. Non-Heavies use 8L from A or V , Heavies and South side jets use 8R, props from southside use 4L/4R.. incoming planes use 8L or 4R haven't seen aproaches from the west jet

Sometimes heavy cargo will go right at the end of 4L

..yes i know, but i don't have an output log atm, these are just some things I noticed

On 5/16/2020 at 7:27 AM, ashman99 said:

I found an error in the schedule where one of the arrivals is listed with LIH and is suppose to be listed as HNL.
This can cause an issue: 
OGG, LIH, SHF, R9,   14, 02:53, 12:00, 1, R9

Change it to this:
OGG, HNL, SHF, R9,   14, 02:53, 12:00, 1, R9

Thank you for your information this issue it will be fix at the next RT update. 

On 5/16/2020 at 8:09 PM, cwalfy1 said:

Also in the noon hour ga Medevac N911ZF calls but the call sign it uses is <Medevac 911ZD which they won't answer too. Easy fix to change the ga file.

Charles

Thank you for your information this issue it will be fix at the next RT update. 

I was really excited about this release, but it seems from initial reviews and video that some work is needed to fix some simple errors. I've flown in/out of HNL airport many times and as an ATC enthusiast I can tell you it is busy, and should be a challenge to operate. There are lots of small aircraft coming in/out on the short 4L alongside many many heavies on the 8/26. It's really important that this airport allows you to get the small Cessna's off the 4's quickly at  D or E and certainly able to exit at K without stopping to cross 4L (there is no H/S)

Issues with L/G taxiways (which are key to good operation of the HA inter island terminal), missing jetbridges, a general lack of the better graphics we've become used to at some of the newer airport is a bit of a disappointment.

I'm a big supporter of F/T and Tower3D, but this release generally sounds like it's in need of a patch before purchase! (and a better schedule than the R/T one!)