The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Ejet V2 - where you save a PFPX flightplan?

Cmte Will

Will.

You didn't answer my question to you.

I/feelThere do not have the software you are using so we are unable to answer the question of compatibility.  Feelthere uses a proprietary data file for saved flight plans. Unless the software outputs in the correct data format the feelThere MCDU will not read the file.

If you have a flight plan file that is exported in Feelthere's format (simbrief can do this) you have to put it in a folder called CustomDB in your Feelthere folder in either FSX or P3D.  If the folder doesn't exist, you have to create it.

2 hours ago, Cmte Will said:

I did not find it

You need to figure out from the flightplanner utility developer if they support exporting a data file in feelThere's format and then follow @Ecosse821 suggestion.  If PFPX doesn't support feelThere's file format you need to use a different utility (as stated by @Ecosss821) or ask PFPX to begin feelThere product support.

Another option is to have your plan saved in FSX or P3D format.  Then load that plan into the sim using the flight planner "load" function and then use the "load FS Plan" option in your aircraft's FMC.  That's how I do it.  Works great!  Almost every flight planner out there will save in FSX/P3D format.  Simbrief does, and so does Pro-ATC, my ATC software.

2 hours ago, Cmte Will said:

I don't know the folder where you save a PFPX

As @Ecosse821 wrote -

20 hours ago, Ecosse821 said:

If you have a flight plan file that is exported in Feelthere's format (simbrief can do this) you have to put it in a folder called CustomDB in your Feelthere folder in either FSX or P3D.  If the folder doesn't exist, you have to create it.

The restate what has been written before - 

The MCDU will ONLY read the flightplan if it is in the feelThere format.  You need to confirm with the flightplanner developer that they provide an feelThere compliant output file option.

22 hours ago, Cmte Will said:

I have a question and I need help. I don't know the folder where you save a PFPX flight plan for Feelthere E-Jets 195 V2.

There is a folder named "feelthere" in the main directory of FSX or P3D.  Inside that folder,  you have to create a folder named "CustomDB".  Put your exported flightplan (which needs to be in feelthere format) in that "CustomDB" folder.    That's it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, Ecosse821 said:

Another option is to have your plan saved in FSX or P3D format.  Then load that plan into the sim using the flight planner "load" function and then use the "load FS Plan" option in your aircraft's FMC.  That's how I do it.  Works great!  Almost every flight planner out there will save in FSX/P3D format.  Simbrief does, and so does Pro-ATC, my ATC software.

Further to the points made by @Ecosse821 and @scoobflight, I have posted a request on the SimBrief website support forum requesting a flightplan download instructions button added for the Feelthere FP format entry.  Simbrief supports the Feelthere flightplan format as @Ecosse821 mentioned and generates flight plans in that format. Here's the link to my post, feel free to correct any information I posted in it; https://www.simbrief.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2425  This little feature on Simbrief's site acts as a constant reminder of how to download the FP and where to download it in case one does not know or sometimes forgets (like me 😄).