The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3D! : PHNL Bug Report(s)

andredragt

Growing List.

Plane landing on 22R exiting Right at F couldn't find Terminal

output.log

image.thumb.png.a9e5ec4b88def390691588e370c75750.pngCOMMAND: HAL19 TAXI TO TERMINAL 
10:00:05 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: gate_45 r: 22R * HAL19 =>   PARSE CMD:  TAXI TO TERMINAL
10:00:05 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: gate_45 r: 22R * HAL19 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_WAITING to STATE_TO_TERMINAL
10:00:05 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: gate_45 r: 22R * HAL19 => SAY: TAXI TO TERMINAL HAWAIIAN ONE NINER
10:00:05 * HAL19 => ADD HISTORY: HAL19: TAXI TO TERMINAL HAL19
10:00:05 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: gate_45 r: 22R * HAL19 => Start calc route from: F  start idx: 60
10:00:05 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: gate_45 r: 22R * HAL19 => Calc from: F
HAL19 => ERROR: Road calculation error!!  0

Don't actually know if this is only this airport, have never encountered it before.

CWP645 is clearer to land 8L  // CWP 645 is told to exit at G //  HAL272 is waiting at 8L@H with command Line up and wait BEHIND next landing aircraft

because CWP 645 is a slow AT4 it actually stops landing halfway RB and H  // HAL272 Lines up and waits...BEFORE CWP 645 actually reaches H

(Giving CWP 645 a stop command and letting HAL272 take of after that gives me a penalty)

output.log

image.thumb.png.e621c9cdf99f7c13f0d416c4fd09ceee.png

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, battlehawk77 said:

To be frank, 22R is only used for arrivals by prop aircraft, and then, only rarely. Operating in that direction, jets would use either 26L or 26R.

Yeah... thought so, haven't seen them operating from east to west yet...

Still.. wouldn't they be using 22L.. and if the plane takes right F.. well.. I guess we can send them over 4L to D.. just wondering if the F-loop above 4L is connected... more testing coming in

TESTED:

..well..landing at 22L exit a F... HAL19 cannot even go on that loop... both Taxi to terminal  and taxi to Terminal by F D A let's it turn right onto 4L towards D

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, andredragt said:

Don't actually know if this is only this airport, have never encountered it before.

CWP645 is clearer to land 8L  // CWP 645 is told to exit at G //  HAL272 is waiting at 8L@H with command Line up and wait BEHIND next landing aircraft

because CWP 645 is a slow AT4 it actually stops landing halfway RB and H  // HAL272 Lines up and waits...BEFORE CWP 645 actually reaches H

(Giving CWP 645 a stop command and letting HAL272 take of after that gives me a penalty)g

You can't really take the command literally, especially at an intersection takeoff. The plane will start lining up as soon as the next plane touches down, even if it's on a different runway. I don't think this command is used by ATC anyway, another thing to be changed in the next version

• Thanks 1

Why does every runway have a deferred threshold when IRL none of them do?

This shortens the allowed landing length of the runway preventing some planes from being able to land on it that should be able to. Runway 26R has a fake deferred threshold of over 2000ft, this will push a lot of planes to exit at the end of the runway, when they could have exited at Taxiway L or earlier?

Airport PHNL runway  8L     has displaced threshold of 1450 feet.
Airport PHNL runway  4L     has displaced threshold of 1118 feet.
Airport PHNL runway  4R     has displaced threshold of 1500 feet.
Airport PHNL runway  8R     has displaced threshold of 1222 feet.
Airport PHNL runway 26R     has displaced threshold of 2160 feet.
Airport PHNL runway 22R     has displaced threshold of 1275 feet.
Airport PHNL runway 22L     has displaced threshold of 1118 feet.
Airport PHNL runway 26L     has displaced threshold of 1460 feet.

• Upvote 1

If that's the intended work around instead of fixing the software, then it's still off. The two thick white lines, or aiming point (the 1000ft mark), is the preferred touchdown point on the runway ie. near the start of the "skid" marks where the wheels make first contact with the runway, not half up the "skid" marks where the full weight of the plane is now on the wheels. Only new pilots flare that much all the time.

Don't forget to reduce the landing length of all the aircraft to account to for the now reduced runway lengths so that planes that should be able to land there still can. 😀

p.s. I'm also well aware that the software lands at the first knot on the runway and that adding 1000ft makes it land on the aiming mark as I pointed that out in this post 3 years ago. Fixing the software is better than using a work around in every airport, especially when it's a simple 5 min fix.

@nyergesdesign ANS112 is just flying around because they are not assigned to a Terminal  (bonus picture of me after giving it a place to go)

...and just after posting... ANS is supposed to be Andes Líneas Aéreas (ANDES).. this is an Omni Air Airplane

image.thumb.png.cfa521ce58f7765ada6b291fd8cc98bd.png

Edited by andredragt

20 minutes ago, andredragt said:

@nyergesdesign ANS112 is just flying around because they are not assigned to a Terminal  (bonus picture of me after giving it a place to go)

...and just after posting... ANS is supposed to be Andes Líneas Aéreas (ANDES).. this is an Omni Air Airplane

image.thumb.png.cfa521ce58f7765ada6b291fd8cc98bd.png

That's because there are 2 OY in the Airlines file by the look of it.

ANS, OY, AEROANDES, Andes Lineas Aereas, Argentina (ceased operations and then started up again!) and

OAE, OY, OMNI EXPRESS, Omni Air International, United States

If you delete the Aeroandes line it will spawn correctly

According to 
11 minutes ago, Pedantic G said:

That's because there are 2 OY in the Airlines file by the look of it.

ANS, OY, AEROANDES, Andes Lineas Aereas, Argentina (ceased operations and then started up again!) and

OAE, OY, OMNI EXPRESS, Omni Air International, United States

If you delete the Aeroandes line it will spawn correctly

... well.. according to Wikipedia.. they both have IATA -code OY... that seems weird ..  to IATA.ORG 

IATA search OY  according to this Omni Air has an asterisk... what does that mean?

No idea what the asterix means. Maybe something to do when the other one went out of business for a while? 

Anyway AeroAndes doesn't fly into Honolulu from what I can see so removing it from the airlines file should not impact the schedule and allow OMNI to land!

TIL that two different airlines can have the same IATA code.

"After an airline is delisted, IATA can make the code available for reuse after six months and can issue "controlled duplicates". Controlled duplicates are issued to regional airlines whose destinations are not likely to overlap, so that the same code is shared by two airlines. The controlled duplicate is denoted here with an asterisk (*) following the code and in IATA literature as well."

Yep controlled duplicates work in real life, but not in the game. The only way to have 2 airlines with the same IATA is to change one of them to a made up one.

FYI the game will load up the first IATA in the list, so if you swap the 2 IATA's around Omni Air will load

• Thanks 1

Aircraft landing on RWY 22L and rolling to the end and exiting at TWY "F" between RWY's 22L/4R & 22R/4L cannot taxi on TWY "F" between end of RWY 22R (see OP's Photo) and TWY "D". When taxi routing is applied Aircraft back taxi on RWY 4L/22R and until TWY "D".

There's most likely a glitch on TWY "F" between end of RWY 22R and TWY "D"  

I'll attach photo's etc when possible.

1 hour ago, HappyNUyear said:

Aircraft landing on RWY 22L and rolling to the end and exiting at TWY "F" between RWY's 22L/4R & 22R/4L cannot taxi on TWY "F" between end of RWY 22R (see OP's Photo) and TWY "D". When taxi routing is applied Aircraft back taxi on RWY 4L/22R and until TWY "D".

There's most likely a glitch on TWY "F" between end of RWY 22R and TWY "D"  

I'll attach photo's etc when possible.

Isn't this the same issue that @andredragt reported earlier in this thread for 22L and 22R that FT are investigating? Apologies if you are listing something else.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

Isn't this the same issue that @andredragt reported earlier in this thread for 22L and 22R that FT are investigating? Apologies if you are listing something else.

Looks similar but has some more details. Personally, I'd rather see "over-reporting" rather than "under-reporting" of bugs in order to get a much-needed SP. Don't want PHNL to become another KATL. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, crbascott said:

Looks similar but has some more details. Personally, I'd rather see "over-reporting" rather than "under-reporting" of bugs in order to get a much-needed SP. Don't want PHNL to become another KATL. 

Completely agree but wasn't questioning the posting whether it be "over or under reporting", was asking the poster if this was the same bug or not for clarification, as @HappyNUyearhadn't had the opportunity to post a picture or log of the issue, hence the ask.

Hello everybody,

This was my first Airport I was allowed to test. This has been a jump in deep waters for I had no clue on how Beta Testing goes.

I would like to apologize for the Bugs I have missed.

TP Gaming

Edited by TP Gaming
  • Haha 1