The simFlight Network Forums

Control IvAp-frequency from simpit through FSUIPC

Hi,

I am working on a simpit.  The system architecture (communication sequence) is: In/Output-Hardware <> Arduino <> Lua Script <> FSUIPC <> fsx. I am planning to fly online on IVAO using their IvAp program.

Setting a transponder code seems to be no problem. IvAp seems to read the code set in fsx (via the simpit/FSUIPC).
 For functions not supported by fsx like IDENT, I've found a website defining a couple of FSUIPC offsets that can be used for this and other functions:
 https://www.ivao.aero/softdev/ivap/fsuipc_sdk.asp

I haven't implemented it, but a assume I will figure that out.

What I haven't found out is how to modify frequencies using the 8 1/3 kHz spacing fsx does not support.

What I am looking for is a way to set the frequency (I know, "channel" nowadays....) analog to the IvAp-Command ".c 123.456". (Somehow frequencies set using this command in IvAp are correctly dispayed in fsx, no idea how that is even possible as fsx saves frequencies as 123.45 with only two decimal places, it should thus  be impossible to distinguish between 120.200 and 120.205.) The offset 0x6670 found in the link above is said to "contain the textual name of the frequency tuned on that Active COM." However the offset is said to be written only by IvAp, not read.

Has anyone found a way how to write 8 1/3 kHz frequencies from a simpit to the COM1 and COM2 standby frequecies in IvAp?

Every hint is highly welcome.

Thanks,

Frank

On 5/19/2020 at 12:59 PM, FrankP said:

The offset 0x6670 found in the link above is said to "contain the textual name of the frequency tuned on that Active COM."

That offset is in a reserved area, presumably reserved for IvAp use. 

Has anyone found a way how to write 8 1/3 kHz frequencies from a simpit to the COM1 and COM2 standby frequecies in IvAp?

You may be better off asking in the IvAp forum/support.

In FSUIPC, the COM1/COM2 frequencies in BCD format are in offsets 034E/3118 and don't support 8 1/3KHz frequencies. There are also offsets 05C4/05C8  for active COM1/COM2 (read/write) that 4 byte ints and support the 8 1/3 frequencies, although I'm not sure these are available in FSUIPC4 (which I don't currently have) - please check the provided documentation.

• Like 1

Hi,

There are also offsets 05C4/05C8  for active COM1/COM2 (read/write) that 4 byte ints and support the 8 1/3 frequencies, although I'm not sure these are available in FSUIPC4 (which I don't currently have) - please check the provided documentation.

as John already pointed out, those Offsets are not supported before P3Dv4.

Thomas

• Like 1

Hi,

I am working on a simpit.  The system architecture (communication sequence) is: In/Output-Hardware <> Arduino <> Lua Script <> FSUIPC <> fsx. I am planning to fly online on IVAO using their IvAp program.

IvAp does not support 8.33KHz spacing via offsets neither fsx supports. Best would be to migrate from fsx to P3D V5 and the IvAp successor Altitude 🙂

Ruediger

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, John Dowson said:

In FSUIPC, the COM1/COM2 frequencies in BCD format are in offsets 034E/3118 and don't support 8 1/3KHz frequencies. There are also offsets 05C4/05C8  for active COM1/COM2 (read/write) that 4 byte ints and support the 8 1/3 frequencies, although I'm not sure these are available in FSUIPC4 (which I don't currently have) - please check the provided documentation.

Dear John,

many thanks!

Kind regards,

Frank