The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dennisss

DB Manager NOT showing correct path (answered & solved by user)

Hello Volker,

I am pulling my hair our. I have combed the forum and Googled this problem. I can easily select the FSX path but not the scenery.cfg path. I can select C:Program Files/Microsoft Games/ Flight Simulator X path, That's as far as it will allow me to get. For some reason the folders Facilities, SceneryCache and Scenery indexes can't be populated. This is NOT the first time I have used the DB Manger. i have have FSC for YEARS with the DB Manager. I checked on the network and sharing, and all is well. When i first installed FSC10, the DB Manager was correct and BOTH paths were correct. I again attempted to use it and EVERYTHING was wrong. Both paths did NOT exist and I had to re-select the paths. That's when the problem started.

System is as follows:

Manufacturer-Cybertron PC

Processor-Intel Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 Ghz (An old system, but it works great)

RAM-16.0 Gig

OS-64 bit

NVIDIA Ge Force 660 graphics card

Dennis

Hello Dennis,

I don't understand why you are pulling your hair out?
You wrote that you have been using the FSC for a long time.
Then you will also know that it was neither necessary nor possible to choose the path of the FSX.
The DBManager read the path from the registry. In addition, the "scenery.cfg" path was never entered.

Only in rare cases when the path in the registry was wrong (for whatever reason) could this problem occur.
But there is also a solution for this.

And so I come to the next note.
Unfortunately, at no point do you inform me what version and date of manufacture the FSC and DBManager are.

Best regards and stay save

Volker

Hi Volker,

I guess that would have been nice of me to let you know. I purchased FSC10. I reinstalled the DB manager yesterday, 5/21.

I COMPLETELY uninstalled FSC10 and the DB Manager. Ran a registry cleaner, and re-installed it. NOW, it seems to be working as it should! I knew that the path would be chosen by the DB manager. 

Thank yo so  much for your reply Volker,

Dennis