The simFlight Network Forums

FeelThere DLC's downloaded from ATCSuite will not work on Steam

WN Mike

Hi.  I purchased Tower 3D Pro from Steam.  I went to ATCSuite and purchased some airports (KSFO, KMCO) and can't figure out why they won't load.  They come up in the list, but says to "choose at least one airport".  I have verified that they are installed in the airfield file.  ie. Program files(x86\Steam\Steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KSFO) etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

First of all, I recommend never buying from atcsuite.com as that site always charges full price and you can get sales/discounts elsewhere - like feelthere.com and Steam itself.

Regarding your issue, your folder path is incorrect but I'm going to assume that is a typo (closing parenthesis is in the wrong place) . is the message actually "please select at least one runway"? If that's the case you need to select at least one arrival runway (blue circle on runway selection overview map) to start a session. If this is not the case a screenshot of you main screen may help for starters.

3 hours ago, WN Mike said:

Hi.  I purchased Tower 3D Pro from Steam.  I went to ATCSuite and purchased some airports (KSFO, KMCO) and can't figure out why they won't load.  They come up in the list, but says to "choose at least one airport".  I have verified that they are installed in the airfield file.  ie. Program files(x86\Steam\Steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KSFO) etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi WN Mike,

Next time buy airports DLCs from steam directly as I found it to be cheaper than on feelthere site:) But addons like Real color and traffic you have to buy from feelthere.com, if you go this way, everything works perfectly.

BTW crbascott ->most of the time, prices on both sites are the same, airports for 19,99 and colors for 6,99 and on both web pages when u go to check out it redirects you to bmtmicro payment

2 hours ago, Cwiara said:

Next time buy airports DLCs from steam directly as I found it to be cheaper than on feelthere site:)

As a non-US citizen this is very likely to be the case because of (taxes for the European Union and) generally higher prices. Even with a sale on feelthere.com you are usually cheaper with the full price on steam. As a US citizen, you are well advised to look out for a feelthere.com sale.

BTW crbascott ->most of the time, prices on both sites are the same

That's true, but all @crbascott wrote is that it is more likely that there is a sale/discount on the FeelThere website then on the ATCSuite website.

BTW crbascott ->most of the time, prices on both sites are the same, airports for 19,99 and colors for 6,99 and on both web pages when u go to check out it redirects you to bmtmicro payment

Yes, for both sites payments are processed via BMTMicro. And when there is not a sale in progress, the prices on both sites are the same. However, to date, there has NEVER been a sale on atcsuite.com. FeelThere just recently had a 20% off Memorial Day sale. The 20% off was only available through feelthere.com and not atcsuite.com.

Why the price discrepancy on the two sites? I find it strange, but only FeelThere can answer that. Why purchase or even use atcsuite.com? If the prices are never lower, I see no reason to and that’s the basis of my recommendation. 

More than likely FeelThere will have a 4th of July sale. Let’s see if the site/sale pattern continues. 

Just a quick price comparison (because I was curious) for the PHNL DLC on Steam and feelthere.com in USD:

Country Steam Website
USA 19.99 19.99
AUS 19.18 21.99
UK 19.02 23.99
EU 18.50 23.79 – 25.39
CAN 16.57 19.99
MEX 8.34 19.99
BRA 7.15 19.99
ARG 3.31 19.99

Sources: steamprices.com, bmtmicro.com

Didn't want to start a new thread but my question fits into this one somehow ...

I bought the base game, real traffic and numerous (+-10?) airports+real color packs on atcsuite/feelthere via bmtmicro over the past several years/months.

Is there any way to switch to the steam version afterwards without having to repurchase everything? The price difference of the website version doesn't really bother me, but the (re)install/update process of this game version is tedious. It often kept me away from starting a new session because I didn't want to check manually for any updates and have to reinstall every single of of them.

21 hours ago, Sirius said:

the (re)install/update process of this game version is tedious.

In your case, I do not see any advantage in the Steam version when it comes to updates. Only if a rare, very, very rare SP for an airport appears and this airport DLC was purchased from Steam, this rare update will be installed automatically. There are no updates for the base game and Real Traffic and Real Color have to be installed and updated manually just like for the website version. Real Traffic and Real Color are not available on Steam and must be purchased from the website anyway.

To answer your question completely...
It's absolutely no problem to buy the Steam version and then install the airports, Real Traffic and the Real Color Packs in the folders of the Steam version. But in my opinion there is nothing to be gained from this. You would only buy the base game again. The airports purchased from the website would not update automatically should one of the extremely rare SPs be published.

Edited by EliGrim

6 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

I do not see any advantage in the Steam version when it comes to updates. Only if a rare, very, very rare SP for an airport appears and this airport DLC was purchased from Steam, this rare, very, very, incredibly rare update will be installed automatically. There are no updates for the base game and Real Traffic and Real Color have to be installed and updated manually just like for the website version. Real Traffic and Real Color are not available on Steam and must be purchased from the website anyway.

Ok that's unpleasant ...

I hope a more convenient solution will be introduced with the new game version (but that's for the wishlist thread) 😉

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Sirius said:

Ok that's unpleasant ...

I hope a more convenient solution will be introduced with the new game version (but that's for the wishlist thread) 😉

Thanks!

this very very very very  rare update just happened with EKCH xd so go for steam and let him do the job for you:P🤣😁

7 hours ago, EliGrim said:

I do not see any advantage in the Steam version when it comes to updates. Only if a rare, very, very rare SP for an airport appears and this airport DLC was purchased from Steam, this rare, very, very, incredibly rare update will be installed automatically. There are no updates for the base game and Real Traffic and Real Color have to be installed and updated manually just like for the website version. Real Traffic and Real Color are not available on Steam and must be purchased from the website anyway.

I thought the base game received 3 service packs, I know I never downloaded any of them from FeelThere, just let Steam do it for me. 

The main benefit of Steam and buying DLC there is that you don't have to do anything but tell it to download the game and it will auto pull your DLC and install everything.  Makes it less time consuming to then install the Mods such as RT and RC.  If we think about it like that which is what they are it makes more sense to apply third party mods externally to the game. 

I can understand with fee's and such why the mods are not available through steam but designing the game to better integrate with digital distribution platforms will make life easier for everyone including the dev's and mod creators.  Especially if we get the tools to work on things ourselves being able to add creations to the Steam workshop paid or free will be very helpful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ripskin said:

The main benefit of Steam and buying DLC there is that you don't have to do anything but tell it to download the game and it will auto pull your DLC and install everything.

This is unquestionably true. But in order to benefit from it you have to buy from Steam, which I personally think is generally the right thing to do.

But in this case I didn't make a general statement. I answered the question from @Sirius.

Does it make sense to switch to the Steam version if you have already bought the website version and several airports from the website to avoid manually updating?

My answer to this question is NO!
- There will be no more updates to the base game.
- Service Packs for Airport DLCs are extremely rare, even if there was one right now.
- Real Traffic and Real Color must be installed and updated manually, even with the Steam version.

If @Sirius would buy the base game on Steam, the airport DLCs already purchased from the website could be installed for the Steam version, but since there will be no more updates for the base game, this scenario would not bring any advantages.

So the base game and the already purchased airport DLCs would have to be bought again from Steam. In the case of @Sirius, this would mean paying about $235 for content he or she already owns.
Since SPs for airport DLCs are extremely rare, I don't think it justifies this expense. Since nobody knows exactly which airports Sirius owns, it could even be that for these 10 airports no or no further service pack will be published.
If there would be regular updates for the airport DLCs, I could just about justify recommending to pay another $50 for the game and then to purchase further airport DLCs via Steam.
But this is simply not the case.
Therefore my statement is: No, in this case it is not worth switching to the Steam version!

Others may see it differently, but I stick to my statement.

Edit: The only scenario in which a switch to Steam would make sense to me at this point and justify the re-purchase of the base game would be if @Sirius said that he or she plans to buy ALL airport DLCs.

Edited by EliGrim

Thanks for your remarks @EliGrim 🙂

I would only switch to the Steam version if the developers/publisher offer it as a courtesy. That's why I asked if there is a way to switch versions initially. I won't buy the game or any DLCs again.

For the sake of completeness I currently have the following airports: Base (KLAX, KPHL, TIST), EDDM, KATL, KBOS, KDFW, KJFK, KLAS, KLGA, KSAN, KSFO, LPFG and OMBD + real color + real traffic 😉 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sirius said:

I would only switch to the Steam version if the developers/publisher offer it as a courtesy.

I very much doubt that this will happen, but it is certainly possible to make this request. You have nothing to lose.
https://feelthere.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

7 hours ago, EliGrim said:

But in this case I didn't make a general statement. I answered the question from @Sirius.

Does it make sense to switch to the Steam version if you have already bought the website version and several airports from the website to avoid manually updating?

My answer to this question is NO!

Totally, just the way it read the first pass may not have been as clear for others reading and thinking of buying.  Stop yelling /cry :p

3 hours ago, Ripskin said:

Totally, just the way it read the first pass may not have been as clear for others reading and thinking of buying.  Stop yelling /cry :p

WHAT SHOULD I DO? 😝🤣

I have edited the post to make the connection to the question more obvious. 😇