The simFlight Network Forums

Demo Version WideFS

Hi,

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC6 and am looking at using WideFS to use ATC program Pilot2ATC remotely on a laptop. There is a try before you buy link on Simmarket which I have downloaded as I would like to ensure I get everything up and running they way I want it. There is not a demo registration key provided and I assumed I would need this. None the  less I gave it a go and WideClient could not see the server. So I added ServerName and Protocol entries and now the log below

********* WideClient Log [version 7.156] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 04/06/20, Time 15:36:28.835: Client name is TALLA
      266 LUA: "C:\Users\mark\Documents\P3D Addons\WideClient7156\Initial.LUA": not found
      266 Attempting to connect now
      281 Trying TCP/IP host "MUSKY" port 8002 ...
      281 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.10

Seems to be able to connect to the server but when I try to connect the Addon Pilot2ATC I get the error

********* WideClient Log [version 7.156] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 04/06/20, Time 15:55:59.666: Client name is TALLA
      266 Attempting to connect now

266 LUA: "C:\Users\mark\Documents\P3D Addons\WideClient7156\Initial.LUA": not found
      282 Trying TCP/IP host "MUSKY" port 8002 ...
      282 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.10
    21282 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out
    21282 Ready to try connection again
    22282 Attempting to connect now
    66313 Trying TCP/IP host "MUSKY" port 8002 ...
    66313 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.10
   132375 Trying TCP/IP host "MUSKY" port 8002 ...
   132375 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.10
   186469 New Client Application: "Pilot2ATC_2018" (Id=1608)

So is this just because I do not have WIDEFS7 registered copy or is there something else wrong with configuration

Thanks in advance

Hi,

there is no Demo version of either FSUIPC or WideClient. FSUIPC is running as unregistered when no registration key is supplied and works then without any user facilities.

WideFS 7 is integrated in FSUIPC and doesn't do anything without a registration key.

In your case WideClient finds the supplied server PC but WideFS doesn't except/is not running.

You would need to buy a registration key from SimMarket for WideFS7.

Thomas

41 minutes ago, mark2013 said:

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC6 and am looking at using WideFS to use ATC program Pilot2ATC remotely on a laptop. There is a try before you buy link on Simmarket

I see Thomas replied just before me. Thanks Thomas.

Just adding to this:

I use Pilot2ATC quite happily on a WideFS client PC.  I like it that way because the sound from it is directed to different speakers, or my headset, and of course the speech recognisition is easier to get set up and running well on a spearate PC to the Sim.

BTW the Server is the one which needs registration, not the Client, and it has it's own log called "WideServer.log". There's always two ends to a connection! 😉

Pete

4 minutes ago, mark2013 said:

Its seems all that is needed is WideFS7 registration key for Pilot2ATC work.

Yes, but if your "PTT" (Push to Talk) button is on a joystick connected to the Simulator then you need to do some assignments and settings to enable it to broadcast correctly. There is help for this on the Pilot2ATC support forum. 

Pete