The simFlight Network Forums

Using the runway exclusion in makerunways for a specific airport

Hi Pete, is their a way to use the runway exclusion in makerunways.exe to exclude a runway at a specific airport? I am asking this since RAAS calls out runways no longer in use or existing at some airport scenery.

Many thanks.

MOVED FROM USER CONTRIBUTIONS SUBFORUM!

You posted in a SubForum clearly labelled, in red, "not for support requests". Please always use the Support Forum. I moved it for you so it can receive attention.

1 hour ago, Portanav said:

is their a way to use the runway exclusion in makerunways.exe to exclude a runway at a specific airport? I am asking this since RAAS calls out runways no longer in use or existing at some airport scenery.

If your scenery marks then as not in use (closed for takeoff and landing), then the reference in MakeRunways' generated data will show this -- see the format definitions in the documentation.

If they no longer exist, but are present in the default airport data, then they need excluding in an add-on scenery file. Then MakeRunways will no longer list them.

MakeRunways doesn't actually "make runways", it "makes runway data files". It can't change anything. For that you need something like ScruffyDuck's Airport Design Editor" (ADE).

Pete

On 6/10/2020 at 7:46 AM, Pete Dowson said:

If they no longer exist, but are present in the default airport data, then they need excluding in an add-on scenery file. Then MakeRunways will no longer list them.

How is this exclusion done, as this is where I believe the problem lies; in the default scenery. How does one create and exclusion in an add-on?

Thanks Pete.

1 hour ago, Portanav said:

How is this exclusion done, as this is where I believe the problem lies; in the default scenery. How does one create and exclusion in an add-on?

I've never made one, but I'm sure it must be possible with ScruffyDucks' ADE (Airport Design Editor). If all you want to do is remove or close runways and you know which BGL file they are defined in, then I believe it is pretty easy.

But I am not the one to teach scenery design work. Have a look at ADE. i think much of it is self explanatory and there's good help I think.

Pete