The simFlight Network Forums

Buttons and Switches

Hi  all,

I have setup all my airplanes Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Gear, Flaps, Throttle and Reverser via FSUIPC, in FSX as well as P3Dv3.4

All is working well, except for my new Carenado EMB300, which does not accept my FSUIPC setting for Gear up/down as well for Flaps down/up.

Latest FSUIPC (registered) version for FSX/P3Dv3 is in use.

Repeating the Flaps/Gear FSUIPC setup does not solve those problems. The EMB300 is used in P3D only.

Tks for any help

Peter

5 minutes ago, Pitterchen said:

All is working well, except for my new Carenado EMB300, which does not accept my FSUIPC setting for Gear up/down as well for Flaps down/up.

Latest FSUIPC (registered) version for FSX/P3Dv3 is in use.

Repeating the Flaps/Gear FSUIPC setup does not solve those problems. The EMB300 is used in P3D only.

Are you trying to assign from an axis (lever), or buttons/switches?

Some aircraft do the own things for some sub-systems, but to advise you further we need to know exactly wwhat you assigned.

Pete

I used Buttons and Switches. Here Flap increase/decrease and Gear down/up.

All settings are in the /modules/FSUIPC config file listed and working very well in FSX/P3Dv3 for all my planes except the Carenado Phenom300.

Sorry, in my first post I named the Plane EMB300, it is the Phenpm300

Tks for your help

Peter

1 minute ago, Pitterchen said:

I used Buttons and Switches. Here Flap increase/decrease and Gear down/up.

Okay. So all fSUIPC does with those is send the relevant control to the Sim.  Nothing else.

Use FSUIPC Event (non axis) Logging and check that your button/switch operations result in the correct controls being sent. for the flaps inc/dec you can also just use the default sim key assignments -- F6 and F7. See if they work.

6 minutes ago, Pitterchen said:

All settings are in the /modules/FSUIPC config file listed and working very well in FSX/P3Dv3 for all my planes except the Carenado Phenom300.

So if you weren't using FSUIPC, how would you operate Gear and flaps in that aircraft? Not with default FS methods I assume?

I think you might really have a question for Carenado, as it seems very odd if they don't obey those basic commands. 

Pete

Tks for your support. I'm not at home right now. 

Yes, for the above mentioned plane I use default key assignment for gear and flaps.

I wl check FSUIPC Event and come back tomorrow.

In the meantime will see what Carenado can/will do

Tks, Peter

Sorry,  Pete,  I do not have a "FSUIPC.LOG" file in my "Modules" folder.

I have one named FSUIPC4.1 text file which size is around 650kb. Is it that one??

Inside P3D\Add-ons\FSUIPC\Logging I have marked :EVENTS (non axis controls), and under Display to: marked Normal Log File. And finally I pushed:New Log and  ok

Hope I made the right things.

Peter

Hi,

make sure you are looking in the right location.

In FSUIPC Logging tab on the bottom left center you can press the "Open Folder" button that will open it for you in explorer. If you still don't see a FSUIPC4.log file, you might have activated in explorer settings to hide extensions of known file types.

image.png.b7f5c75b7485164ef7c56240c01e9646.png

Thomas

Pete and Thomas,

problem solved: inside P3D Settings\Controls\Other\"Enable Force Feedback" I untick "Control surfaces" and "Retractable landing gear"

Now it works. Got that hint at AVSIM Carenado Forum

I'm very sorry to bother you

Thank you

Peter