The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and VRInsight Devices issue

Hi,

since some days I'm facing issues connecting 2 VRI devices (MCP and CDU I) using VRSIM and VSPE

Those were running correctly until some weeks ago, now even if connected and having changed nothing in the config, the devices are most of the times not found and not properly running (other few times they connect and run normally). It seems a sort of random issue.

Do you have any idea about what could be the trouble. Attached the  FSUIPC extended log.

I'm using P3D 4.5 Hot Fix 3 and FSUIPC 6.0.8.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Joe

FSUIPC6.log

6 hours ago, cellular55 said:

Do you have any idea about what could be the trouble.

No, not really. We haven't had any experience with the original COM port series of VRI devices since way back when they were still current.  Is VRSim the current driver?

What has changed on your system since you had them working? 

Pete

Hi,

VRSIM is the VRInsight tool that discovers the devices (like as the initial tool SerialFP2)

I have updated WIN10, but this almost one month ago and until few days ago I did not have any trouble.

The strange is that some few times the devices are seen, but most of the times no.

In the log I have attached it seems that the COM ports are opened but there are some strange messages about the disconnection/the lost of VRSim.exe

The two devices are on COM5 and COM6 (and that is visible also in the WIN CP)

In FSUIPC I have:

[VRInsight]
1=COM6, COM3
2=COM5, COM7

and in VSPE the pairs:

COM2 <=> COM3

COM4 <=> COM7

Thanks

Joe

3 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

VRSIM is the VRInsight tool that discovers the devices (like as the initial tool SerialFP2)

Ah ... are you sure the FSUIPC facilities work with it? I only ever saw SerialFP2. I thought the later software replaced all this need for FSUIPC involvemet, that they supported the devices properly?

5 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

The two devices are on COM5 and COM6 (and that is visible also in the WIN CP)

Yes, I see that. but there's something wrong with what is transferred to them from your VRI driver.

Sorry, I dodn't know what to advise. Surely somthing must have changed a few days ago to make your results change. You need to determine what that was so it can be rectified. Harware problem, COM port or driver? A bad Windows update?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I think taht is a trouble related WIN10. I have moved the MCP Combo on PC still having WIN7 (where I have also WideFS) and the device is found there.

Is not possible to configure and use it through WideFs and LUA scripts right?

Thanks and KR

Joe

24 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

Is not possible to configure and use it through WideFs and LUA scripts right?

There's no built-in support for VRI devices in WideFS or in the Lua library.  WideClient does support the COM library (as documented in the Lua Library document), so you could program the business of reading and writing from and to the VRI devices, but it would be a full blown programming job.

Have you tried the older driver, SerialFP2? Perhaps that isn't using things messed up by Win10. I know the COM port code in FSUIPC is good under Win10 as I use it quite extensively for my PFC cockpit hardware and Cockpitsonic forward overhead. Also with a COM port based Aerosoft (Australia) Piper Arrow III cockpit. That's on two different PCs, one running vwesion 2004 of Win10 and the other 1909, both fully updated.

Pete

Hi Pete,

yes.. I have also tried SerialFP2 with the same result.. the 2 devices are not found.

I do not know what I could still try now... 

I have also tried to uninstall the devices and reinstalling them and the drivers with no results.

KR

Joe

33 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

I do not know what I could still try now... 

Does VRI offer no support now?

Sorry, i don't know what else to advise. I expect that if the devices are working that it would be possible to write a driver for them, ignoring the incompatible VRI drivers, but that is a real project -- and one to be undertaken by a programmer with access to those (I assume) discontinued devices.

At present your best bet is VRI.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Is there any update to this issue? I have 100% the exact same problem, though mine is with the VRinsight 737 Overhead. Vrinsight customer service is operating, and is very good. Their final analysis is that it is something on my computer causing the problem. Where does one begin to look?

Hi Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Earlier in your posts you wrote  "I have also tried to uninstall the devices and reinstalling them and the drivers with no results."

I have done the same on my computer, and also did not get any results.

This time you wrote "I solved the issue uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers coming with VRI software". How did you uninstall and reinstall the drivers this time, compared to the earlier time that did not work?

It is over 5 months i am trying to resolve this issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Hi,

honestly I do not know what changed last time I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. By the way after several attempts the connection went suddenly fine after re-executing the drivers setup.

For sure what you have to check and recheck is the right COM where the VR device results installed (in Device manager - Ports - USB Serial Port entries)  and the consequent coupling (I use VSPE software for that)

KR

Joe

Hi Joe,  I have it installed on Com3. I am using a total of 5 different com ports for my entire set up, so lots of com ports not being used. What do you mean by consequent coupling, and what is VSPE software. 

When I installed the VRisim.exe software, the drivers were installed at that time. Did you manually uninstall the drivers ONLY, and then reinstall the drivers ONLY, (if so, How?)  or was it also a part of the VRisim.exe installation?

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me out.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I have a fully paid registered copy of FSUIPC. Where do I find the Advanced user guide appendix 3? I am using Windows 10 64bit, P3DV4.5, PMDG 737 NGX. I have two paid subscriptions, one for FSUIPC6 which I use for P3DV4.5, and one for FSUIPC7 which I use for MSFS2020. My concern is with FSUIPC6.

Thanks

Rob