The simFlight Network Forums

Problem whit macro whit Airbus Aerosoft

Hi
 I have a problem with the creation of macros with the airbus Aerosoft professional: I tried to create macros for switching on and off
engines but these macros only work on certain Aerosoft Professional airbus and not all.
Where am I wrong?

Thank

What sort of macros? If its mouse macros, these would normally have to be remade for each aircraft as the mouse rectangles can have different ids. If you are using macros with standard controls/events, then these may not work with some complex add-on aircraft as they tend to implement there own controls/sub-systems rather than rely on the P3D ones. If they are using lvars, the lvars may be different for the different models. So it depends. Maybe post your macros and more information on the airbus models that work and don't work, and someone with a similar model may be able to help.

John

Thank you so much John for the replay.

I confirm that are mause macros. 

I would like to create macros that associate 4 buttons of the saitek throttle so you can switch on and off engine switches.

Macros work well whit the Airbus320CFM but don't work whit A320IAE.

What I did not understand: I have to remap the macros for each Airbus model?  If yes the different macros must have different name for each model of airbus?

Thank 

104097132_10222837092904945_738307905964614401_n.jpg

1 hour ago, IN7504 said:

What I did not understand: I have to remap the macros for each Airbus model? 

Yes - if by remap you mean re-create, then yes. The problem is that different models may use different ids to identify the screen area (rectangle). Try re-creating the macros for those that don't currently work, your A320IAE.

1 hour ago, IN7504 said:

If yes the different macros must have different name for each model of airbus?

You could have one macro file with different names for the entries, but it's far cleaner to have a macro file per aircraft. You can then use that macro file in your profile for that aircraft, assuming you have different profiles for each of the models. If you don't currently have different profiles set-up for the different models, you can create a new profile for the A320IAE based upon the one for the A320CFM and then change the macro file used for that aircraft (see the User Guide for details on how to achieve this).

Also, make sure that you are using appropriate "strings" (or "sub-strings") to differentiate the two aircraft models so that the appropriate profile is loaded.

John

Hi,

A better way to toggle these switches is by setting the following Lvars to 0 or 1:

• L:AB_PDS_Eng1Master
  • L:AB_PDS_Eng2Master

You can do this either by a small LUA script or by creating a "normal" macro toggling these variables. See page 39 in the Advanced User Manual. Then you simply can assign this macro to your button. Also many other switches can be operated by that method. It's way better compared to the mouse macro, as this method works across engine variants on all A3xx planes from AS.

Rgds
Reinhard

• Like 1

Really thank John and aua668 for the information.

I am a beginner and therefore I think in the meantime I will try to create a specif profile for each Airbus model (A320CFM, A320IAE, A318CFM...)

Do I have to see page 24 of the user guide to do this?

Thanks