The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gmcraib

FS Commander Demo (answered)

Hi,

I'm considering getting FS Commander in order to improve flight planning and add realism with SID/STAR's.  I also like the idea of the moving map.

Is it still possible to download a demo version so we can trial the software before purchasing?

Also I see you can use it over a network with WideFS (don't have this yet), but generally you would create the flight plan, then start FSX and load it into FSX as a flight plan?

Presumably you close FS commander while FSX is running, but if you need to access it eg to alter flight plan or view the moving map etc this can be done via on other PC via WideFS, but can it also be done on single PC, either by pausing and coming out of FSX to start FS commander again or preferably from within FSX eg the add-on menu?

Is it possible to run FS commander and FSX at the same time and without pausing FSX? eg to review/modify plans as you are in transition on the flight, eg as you would in real life?  This is my main dislike of the default flight planner in FSX (well that and needing to reload if you drop ATC & it never reloads with correct flight level), sometimes you want to view say destination details/frequencies/ILS etc while you are still at cruising prior to beginning descent.

Any comments on this much appreciated.

Sorry, went slightly adrift of Xtrak there...

I guess demo would answer most of these questions, but keen to hear others thoughts & experiences.

Also wanted to say I couldn't see any links to Demo on justlfight/aerosoft etc or google search.  But I believe there may have been one previously.