The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

Prepar3D V5.0 HotFix2

Looks like an update will be required to STB for Prepar3D V5, as in hotfix 2 the "Delete AI" entry point has moved again.  I suspect in the mean time any attempt to delete AI via the STB Simulator Plugin will crash the simulator.  Look out for the update around the weekend.

Simon

8 hours ago, flying-w said:

Looks like an update will be required to STB for Prepar3D V5, as in hotfix 2 the "Delete AI" entry point has moved again.  I suspect in the mean time any attempt to delete AI via the STB Simulator Plugin will crash the simulator.  Look out for the update around the weekend.

Simon

Thank you Simon

On 6/25/2020 at 8:45 AM, flying-w said:

Simon

Hi, I confirm the Delete AI action makes P3Dv5 HF2 crash (Kernelbase.dll error). I was wondering if automatic traffic regulation made by STB could have the same effect? I remember having the same type of crash with HF2 while taking off on a busy airport (ENGM).

So no STB client running during my next flight tomorrow :-(.

Skip.

Yes sorry to say it will.  Prepar3D just like FSX before it does not provide an interface for deleting any AI, so we have to do it the hard way by creating one.  Only trouble is the entry point can move around between Prepar3D versions.  Sufffice it to say I don't agree with their decision, but I have to live with it.

Simon

1 hour ago, flying-w said:

Yes sorry to say it will.  Prepar3D just like FSX before it does not provide an interface for deleting any AI, so we have to do it the hard way by creating one.  Only trouble is the entry point can move around between Prepar3D versions.  Sufffice it to say I don't agree with their decision, but I have to live with it.

Simon

No problem Simon. I suppose that FSUIPC "kill AI" function is using another way to work as HF2 had no impact on it.

Skip.