The simFlight Network Forums

TrafficLook Menu Has Commands Missing

I am a registered user and downloaded FSUIPC ver 3.11. Everything worked fine in FSUIPC but the problem is TrafficLook.

Pulldown menu is missing both selections for airborne and ground selections. Startup defaults to airborne. Also coloums have been deleted such as Com 1 and State. If this is by design the TrafficLook.txt file did not reflect these changes. If I missed this on a previous post please excuse my inability to do a good search (my first post). One other small note, I have never been able to print TrafficLook do to error 87 in printing's startdoc.

Any help in this area on a great program (FSUIPC) that I could not live without is most apprieciated.

Pulldown menu is missing both selections for airborne and ground selections. Startup defaults to airborne. Also coloums have been deleted such as Com 1 and State. If this is by design the TrafficLook.txt file did not reflect these changes.

Sounds like you have a thoroughly corrupted copy of TrafficLook there! The "File" menu dropdown is fixed, defined in the resources, not programmed, and lists:

Print ...

Ground Traffic Only

Airborne Traffic Only

Refresh

AutoRefresh

Exit

The COM1 column is still there, as it was before, and the "State" column did not even exist before the current version, it was added for FS2004 and released in version 1.41 dated June 2003 ready for the FS2004 release -- this is still the current version, so it has never been changed!

If you've used it before and seen the "State" column then it must be the same version -- so how come it's changed on your system? Corrupted file perhaps?

One other small note, I have never been able to print TrafficLook do to error 87 in printing's startdoc.

The printing has always worked fine. It is a standard printing routine which I use in all my programs and hasn't been changed in many years. I just tried it here and it is okay.

Please download the ZIP again and replace your EXE. It sounds like it has been messed up somehow. I have just re-checked the version in the ZIP to be sure.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for all the info Pete.

I have been using TrafficLook since fs2002 and when I registered FSUIPC v3.0 I replaced my TrafficLook.exe file and everything worked ok except print (has never printed). Updateing to ver3.11 I overwrote TrafficLook to see if the printer would work when things went bad on me. The type+ does now display properly so you are probably right about my download failed.

I will work on finding the fix in my computer for the print problem. It can't be missing much seeing that the printers do run the test ok and txt and docs from many programs print ok.

Thanks again for superior programs and fast helpful support.

I have been using TrafficLook since fs2002 and when I registered FSUIPC v3.0 I replaced my TrafficLook.exe file and everything worked ok except print (has never printed).

Strange. I have never had any other reports of the printing not working. It uses common print routines which apply to all my programs (and which are adapted direct from Microsoft examples). WeatherSet (not WeatherSet2) contains the same things, for instance.

Updateing to ver3.11 I overwrote TrafficLook to see if the printer would work when things went bad on me. The type+ does now display properly so you are probably right about my download failed.

Not sure what you mean by "type+" -- unless you refer to the bug in FSUIPC whereby the airline+flight number could sometimes display overlong rubbish. That was an FSUIPC problem, not fixed in TrafficLook but in FSUIPC.

TrafficLook has not been changed since June, well before FSUIPC 3.00 was even released. Every FSUIPC 3 ZIP has contained the same version, identically, I've simply not changed that entry in the ZIP.

I will work on finding the fix in my computer for the print problem. It can't be missing much seeing that the printers do run the test ok and txt and docs from many programs print ok.

It is a bit odd. What operating system are you using BTW? If it isn't Me then I can re-try it here on the same version. I have WinXP Home and Pro, Win2000 Pro, and Win98SE. I won't go near WinMe, I did once and it was a disaster!

Regards,

Pete