Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
mjkerr

OMDB - Error glitch report

Recommended Posts

I have spent all of today testing OMDB on my replacement computer
Started with 50% at 07:00, then 100% at 07:00, and now up to 100% at 12:00 as this appears to be the busy time for arrivals 

I have my first glitch, affecting two aircraft
I have searched the forum, but nothing specific has helped to explain this

UAE 871 (highlighted in the screenshot)
12:09 DXB - KWI
77L/H
Gate A10

However when I send the command to approve Pushback nothing happens
Equally, I cannot actually see what the aircraft is doing as it is out of sight (unlike those very near to the tower which i can easily watch)

As a result, the following aircraft will not vacate the runway as the stand is already occupied
UAE545
MAA - DXB 12:10
77W/H
Gate A10

Please advise

200627-01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mjkerr Pushback issues are not uncommon with T!3DP. If enough reports are made for a particular gate or terminal FeelThere might undertake a service pack. But until that happens, all you can do is to delete the stuck plane and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect this is more to do with the Real Traffic schedule
I have now found another issue, discussed in a more recent reply

As a result I will compile a stands spreadsheet like I did for Tower 2011 EGLL, and that will then confirm if there is a conflict

It might take me a while to correct this, but I have already looked at the file structure and it is quite similar
I am working on Sunday, so probably some time next week!
I have five days free...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mjkerr said:

I suspect this is more to do with the Real Traffic schedule

As I said, it's both. You'll find many dropped/delayed flights and it's due to the way the game engine assigns gates. This issue has been openly discussed for over 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crbascott said:

As I said, it's both. You'll find many dropped/delayed flights and it's due to the way the game engine assigns gates. This issue has been openly discussed for over 3 years.

So the same issue of stand blocking exists, just like it does in Tower 2011 EGLL (where an aircraft arrives then blocks the stand for several hours, whereas in real life it would be moved to a remote stand)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now had this next one more than three times, issue affecting
Stand C32

Any aircraft here accepts commands but does not move
Equally, if there is an aircraft on 
Stand C33 is appears to be blocked

Deleting the aircraft on 
Stand C32
is the only method at the moment to resolve this

Please advise

200702-01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hexzed said:

As Craig said, the gate is broken and requires a service pack to fix

I have not read this
Please advise where this can be found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, crbascott said:

As I said, it's both. You'll find many dropped/delayed flights and it's due to the way the game engine assigns gates. This issue has been openly discussed for over 3 years.

I found numerous errors in the Real Traffic schedule
Duplicate aircraft was the biggest issue, and existed in Tower 2011 EGLL as well
I even ended up with some in my own, but have now corrected all of them

I have not had a duplicate aircraft on the same gate, yet
However, I am continually having an error with any aircraft attempting to pushback from 
Stand C32

Where is the best place to make a report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjkerr said:

I found numerous errors in the Real Traffic schedule
Duplicate aircraft was the biggest issue, and existed in Tower 2011 EGLL as well
I even ended up with some in my own, but have now corrected all of them

I have not had a duplicate aircraft on the same gate, yet
However, I am continually having an error with any aircraft attempting to pushback from 
Stand C32

Where is the best place to make a report?

By making these posts, you've reported it. Now whether FeelThere or Nyerges Design decide to act on your reports, that's a whole other question/conversation.

What exactly do you mean by "duplicate aircraft"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, crbascott said:

What exactly do you mean by "duplicate aircraft"?

I found several of these in the Real Traffic schedule
They are identical flights, separated by just a few minutes
They have different flight numbers but are clearly the same flight
As a result
In the case of arrivals one aircraft arrives and departs, the other does not
In the case of departures one aircraft arrives and departs, the other blocks the gate from the commencement of the game until it departs
Here are three examples, but I found several more

AMD, DXB, 320, 6E,   73, 01:56, 12:00, 1, 6E
AMD, DXB, 320, 6E,   71, 01:43, 12:00, 1, 6E

IKA, DXB, 340, W5,   63, 09:31, 12:00, 1, W5
IKA, DXB, 340, W5,   61, 09:15, 12:00, 1, W5

MCT, DXB, 20N, OV,  247, 10:11, 12:00, 1, OV
MCT, DXB, 20N, OV,  243, 09:46, 12:00, 1, OV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjkerr said:

I found several of these in the Real Traffic schedule
They are identical flights, separated by just a few minutes
They have different flight numbers but are clearly the same flight
As a result
In the case of arrivals one aircraft arrives and departs, the other does not
In the case of departures one aircraft arrives and departs, the other blocks the gate from the commencement of the game until it departs
Here are three examples, but I found several more

AMD, DXB, 320, 6E,   73, 01:56, 12:00, 1, 6E
AMD, DXB, 320, 6E,   71, 01:43, 12:00, 1, 6E

IKA, DXB, 340, W5,   63, 09:31, 12:00, 1, W5
IKA, DXB, 340, W5,   61, 09:15, 12:00, 1, W5

MCT, DXB, 20N, OV,  247, 10:11, 12:00, 1, OV
MCT, DXB, 20N, OV,  243, 09:46, 12:00, 1, OV

OK - the term duplicate aircraft was very confusing. It appears you are talking "duplicate flights" which makes a little more sense.

They are clearly the same origination and destination , but that doesn't necessarily make them duplicates. Who knows what kind of delays were happening on the day the schedule was pulled (probably an actual day of flights from FlightAware). The fact that the flight numbers are different, indicates something unusual is going on - either in realty or just in the data.

And regarding your results, what you are really seeing are the gate availability issues I've mentioned previously. These issues are more likely to occur when you run a full schedule (versus a snippet). The fact that these "duplicate flights" are involved is just a nature of the beast. More than likely if you change the origination airport on one flight for each pair you have above (no longer making them "duplicates"), you'll see similar results. The schedule doesn't cause "gate blocking", flights are dropped/delayed based on the game engine logic. 

If you'd like to share a log file (...\Tower!3D Pro\tower3d_Data\output_log,txt) from a session where the above scenarios occur I'll be more than happy to analyse it and provide feedback on what is specifically going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mjkerr said:

I have now had this next one more than three times, issue affecting
Stand C32

Any aircraft here accepts commands but does not move
Equally, if there is an aircraft on 
Stand C33 is appears to be blocked

Deleting the aircraft on 
Stand C32
is the only method at the moment to resolve this

Please advise

200702-01.jpg

Please provide a log file for this issue. Please confirm if you are using Real Traffic schedules or also custom schedules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.