The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yellow69

Big Troubles

Hello

I heard from Volker that the FSC9 REV.8 is not longer active for P3dv4/5.

So i paid 39,95 in 22/11/2010 for the programm and can't use it anymore.

I think that's rediculous.

Anyone an idea how to solve this?

Frans Gehl

Did you get any promise that FSC will be compatible with all future versions of your sim? Definitely not.

So the only thing that is ridiculous is you post. 👎

And of course, you can still use it as I do. I still can make flightplans and use it with my latest aircraft (e.g. Aerosofts A3xx and PMDGs Boeing)

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Did you get any promise that FSC will be compatible with all future versions of your sim? Definitely not.

So the only thing that is ridiculous is you post. 👎

And of course, you can still use it as I do. I still can make flightplans and use it with my latest aircraft (e.g. Aerosofts A3xx and PMDGs Boeing)

Hi

Normally wifth other programs you get updates payable or not.

Now i can't use the manager so how can you make fpl's if you only can choose The Netherlands or Japan ?

So in what program do you make the fpl's?

Frans

Volker made it very clear from the beginning, that FSC is not compatible with P3D. So not sure what you did, but obviously you killed your database.

I used FSC during FSX times and when I was aware that it wouldnt work with P3D I sipmly left it as it was (did not run the dbmanager). And since then I still use FSC to make flighplans for P3D. The navdatabase can still be updated. The only "problem" that can appear: in case a brandnew airport is built somewhere on earth which is not part of the default scenery in the sim, it will not appear in FSC. But I never came across something like that.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:55 PM, yellow69 said:

Normally wifth other programs you get updates payable or not.

An you always got this for FSC. The fact that you do not get FSC for P3D is simply a legal issue, that can not be discussed here. Other planning tools like Simbrief dont have that problem, as they do not care about the airport layout with runways, taxiways, parking etc. And tools reading the airport layout by using a "special" methode, well they are taking a high legal risk.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:55 PM, yellow69 said:

Now i can't use the manager so how can you make fpl's if you only can choose The Netherlands or Japan ?

You didnt make a backup of FSC? Bad luck. If you still have FSX around, install it again and all your fsx addons, let the dbmanager run on FSX and you are back where you have been before you killed your database