The simFlight Network Forums

Information for the developers

Agreaves

I'm a rated pilot in the E175-195. I'm still new to the airplane, but i'm creating this topic as an information section for the developers. I love the product, and I use it for staying current with procedures. From time to time i'm going to be adding new things as I notice them. To get to the point see the list below: I will try to get pictures where necessary and add them here as well.

- Vertical Direct To doesn't work even though it is advertised as part of the FMS feature. Vertical direct to allows the pilot to fly direct to a particular altitude at a defined waypoint. To do this, press the line select key from the right side of the page next to the waypoint, and re-enter the same constraint into the same data field. The FMS will give the option to cancel or activate once the pilot determines the information is correct. Vertical direct to can be tricky depending on the airline's preferences set in the FMS. If airline vertical direct to is enabled in the FMS, then a predicted altitude can be used, otherwise the altitude has to entered by the pilot. Please see the attached images.

IMG_0031.PNG

IMG_0032.PNG

- STEER OFF message - during push back, the steer off message has to be displayed before we can give the go ahead to push back. If the message is not showing, then each pilot's yoke has a switch on the back of the yoke that turns steer off. It would be nice if you guys could maybe add the option to press a button on the keyboard to switch steer off, or automate it to ensure steer off is displayed during all push back. To get the steer message off, the captain pushes down on the tiller until the message disappears.

- Flap 4, 5 and full speeds are incorrect. Flaps 4 and 5 speeds are 180 kts, and flaps full is 165 kts

IMG_1936.thumb.JPG.6090e567f46b1f0b8904dbef3411c122.JPG

- Trim check during cockpit prep. The trim has a 3 second cut out in both directions. When we check the trim, the 3 second cutout actually stops the trim from moving, and the numbers are between 1.9 down, and 4.0 up. So when the computer says trim, the values should stop, and the button needs to be released to reset the cutout protection.

These are just a few things I've noticed so far. As I see more things I will document and post information and pictures here.

- ENGINE START PROCESS- I recorded the engine start process so that you guys can see what happens. According to the airplane manual, the FADEC initiates ignition at approximately 7% N2, and fuel flow at approximately 20% N2. After light off, the FADEC commands to the starter to cutout at approximately 50% N2, and commands the fuel metering valve to accelerate the engine to ground idle. I hope this info helps you to get a more realistic engine start process. I will post a video once I get the file size smaller. Since I cant get the video size small enough to upload, If you guys need the video, ill send it to you directly via email or other means.

One other thing I forgot to mention about the trim. The reason I stated those numbers for the trim check is because our procedures require us to reset the trim to 4.0 up after landing. This may be different based on airline procedures. However, during cold weather ops, if the temperature is going to be 10 degrees Celsius or less over night, then we set the trim full nose down. This means the values for the trim check will be different if you're checking the trim from a full nose down position.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...