The simFlight Network Forums

bug report KDFW add-on

tassie001

hi, got tower 3d pro with real traffic.

just got KDFW addon and found a few problems:

1. can not taxi for takeoff to 18L @ Y or Z, it just say negative (works fine on 17R), .

2. can not order landing plane on 18R to take exit on right.

3. can not taxi for takeoff to 36R @WP , says ok, but planes never pushback from gate.

4. after landing on 17R and exit on L3 all planes stop even if i already told them to taxi to gate, i have to say continue taxi.

5. button on control panel for toggle landings on 13R is missing.

6. please make it possible in tower 3d to give taxi instructions that include permissions to cross a runway.

• Haha 1

There are a few issues at the airport, not sure if we'll see a patch for it or not as overall it works better than some others. 

1: What type of plane are you sending to those entrances?  Any more to the message or just "Negative"?

2: What command are you using for this?  I have done this but after clearing the plane to land use "Take Next available exit on left / right".  When I try to specify a taxiway I run into intermittent problems as the assigned exit isn't known yet so if its too close they may not slow down in time. 

3: Have not modified my game files to allow push back / taxi in one command. 

4: All landing planes will pull off and stop, if you have the plane highlighted you will see the path it takes on the taxiway switch from the arrival to the ground taxi.  Once that switches it should continue along.  I know at ALT on the southern runway there is a glitch that the plane will pull off, switch to ground and pull forward a bit more and then stop again.  Have not run into this myself at DFW yet. I have not specified an exit at L3 but I believe some planes have left there on their own. Curious to try it out again.

5: I believe this is a limitation due to the runway count and the way it lists. 

6: This is a code issue and submitted as a request for the next version.  You can give them an additional command to hold short of a runway they will not cross and they will continue to move across provided you give the command prior to arriving at the stopping point. 

1 hour ago, tassie001 said:

hi, got tower 3d pro with real traffic.

just got KDFW addon and found a few problems:

1. can not taxi for takeoff to 18L @ Y or Z, it just say negative (works fine on 17R), .

2. can not order landing plane on 18R to take exit on right.

3. can not taxi for takeoff to 36R @WP , says ok, but planes never pushback from gate.

4. after landing on 17R and exit on L3 all planes stop even if i already told them to taxi to gate, i have to say continue taxi.

5. button on control panel for toggle landings on 13R is missing.

6. please make it possible in tower 3d to give taxi instructions that include permissions to cross a runway.

1. From a realism standpoint, taking off from these intersections is a rarity. Nevertheless, it should work in the game so it appears to be a bug. This is assuming your plane doesn't need the full runway length to takeoff.  

2. Sounds like a bug, seen it at other airports ... not uncommon to T!3DP.

3. Looks like you have modded your tower.rec file. You may want to try the just the vanilla pushback command - these commands can be very finicky to the game engine.The modded pushback commands aren't very realistic but they do save time. Neverthless, they don't always work well. 

4. 17R is normally just used for takeoffs, but I've seen this issue before too. Runway 28 at KATL comes to mind. 

5. Control panel limitation. There's not enough room for buttons for each runway. You'll just have to type 13R (if you don't use voice). KBOS has the same issue if I'm not mistaken. If/when KORD is release, it will have the same issue.

6. FeelThere stopped supporting their game engine over 2 years ago. New commands will not be added. However there is a workaround. Here are a couple of links for your reading pleasure. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83119-runway-crossing-instructions https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87415-crossing-command/ As you can see from the first link, this issue was brought up over 3 years ago - not long after T!3DP was released. 

On 7/7/2020 at 3:32 AM, crbascott said:

1. From a realism standpoint, taking off from these intersections is a rarity. Nevertheless, it should work in the game so it appears to be a bug. This is assuming your plane doesn't need the full runway length to takeoff.  

2. Sounds like a bug, seen it at other airports ... not uncommon to T!3DP.

3. Looks like you have modded your tower.rec file. You may want to try the just the vanilla pushback command - these commands can be very finicky to the game engine.The modded pushback commands aren't very realistic but they do save time. Neverthless, they don't always work well. 

4. 17R is normally just used for takeoffs, but I've seen this issue before too. Runway 28 at KATL comes to mind. 

5. Control panel limitation. There's not enough room for buttons for each runway. You'll just have to type 13R (if you don't use voice). KBOS has the same issue if I'm not mistaken. If/when KORD is release, it will have the same issue.

6. FeelThere stopped supporting their game engine over 2 years ago. New commands will not be added. However there is a workaround. Here are a couple of links for your reading pleasure. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83119-runway-crossing-instructions https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87415-crossing-command/ As you can see from the first link, this issue was brought up over 3 years ago - not long after T!3DP was released. 

1.its not working for any type of planes,  it also works fine on 18R

2. i wanted the planes going to the UPS ramp to land on 18R and taxi right so they dont have to cross any runways, but no luck

3. i haven't modded anything, i used mouse to send the plane there.

6. tried the work-around, works, but a bit annoying ....  

7. another bug ?  i cant order any landing planes to taxi via ES, it works for departing planes but only if departing 35L or 35C full length. 

I use the “Vacate runway right onto taxiway WK, WL or WM” (take your choice) command and have no problem with cargo aircraft landing RWY 18R exiting to the right; however, you must give the command before you get the message that the aircraft has landed.

Also, I tell aircraft landing on RWY 17C to “Vacate runway left onto taxiway P2” (this is also what the DFW arrival ATIS instruct the 17C arrivals to do).  After they exit I tell them to ‘Taxi to ramp via P, ES, JS, A, K (I use K as my primary east side taxiway).  It seems to work most of the time and takes the arrivals around RWY 17R (no need to worry about interrupting the flow of departures to get arrivals across 17R).  Unfortunately this only works for the east side terminal complex (at least for me anyway).  If the 17C arrival is going to west side terminal complex, I instruct it to exit at taxiway M6 and then to “Taxi to ramp via M, B, G" (my primary west side taxiway); unfortunately these arrivals do have to cross 17R.

I hope this helps.

• Upvote 1