The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs control both prepar3d

Hi Pete,

I found a solution for my problems to' connect 2 prepar and the same aircraft maddogx between Two PC by using its shared cockpit. It Need to' mallke attention to prepar the same Flight , fuel etc. I want to Ask you of widefs can be used for example to' Sync same Airport position of both prepar3d. 

If i change airport from One p3d Is possibile that via widefs change automatically also in the other prepar3d?

Can also use a Keyboard command that Is k to' activate shared cockpit in One PC son automatically the same Key Is passing to' the other p3d?

Many thanks

Simone

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

If i change airport from One p3d Is possibile that via widefs change automatically also in the other prepar3d?

No,  WideFS can only connect to one sim at a time, so it can read the data needed from one but cannot write it to the other.

I thought the shared cockpit facilities did all the syncing of aircraft and sceneries for you? 

Perhaps you need to investigate WideView which was, and maybe still is, the go-to software for linking multiple PCs running FS or P3D.

Pete

No Pete,

wideview. multichannel and opus creates lags from systems.

I studied from many years the question and no found answers to this problem.

The only way to have perfect smooth is by using shared cockpit.

hanks

Simone

Hi,

you write a program that uses multiple WideClients with different classes and read/write values from/to offsets. That way you can control or sync settings (available ones via FSUIPC) on multiple FS. But you will not be able to sync constant smooth data as any processing of read/write belongs to one class at the time.

The FSUIPCClient.dll by Paul Henty makes that very easy to use in .Net language, i.e. C#.

FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET

Thomas