The simFlight Network Forums
CBB

User Flight and flight number

Hi, can I make a change request whereby, instead of sourcing my own flight (user flight) flight number from the CFG file, that we can input this manually, for ezample under the menu "User Flight" / "Configure Schedule and Flight Type" ?

This would not only be much easier (I use just one aircraft but its flight number changes eah flight as in reality), but also more secure than changing the CFG file each time

Thanks

Charles

Thanks, Simon, that's great.  I am currently using 4,5 but will at some stage upgrade to v5

Best

Charles

I can set the flight number so it shows up in STB however you want it, but I cannot change it in the simulator as SimConnect does not appear to permit it.  Therefore in your conversation with ATC (if you use that), the old flight number from the aircraft.cfg is still used.

Does that defeat the object of what you would like to acheive, or is it still useful to see the flight number change in STB only?

Simon

Hi Simon, that is really great thanks.  That works fine for me, as I use proatcx or vatsim, where you can set your callsign as wanted.

Another improvement would be if we can set actual departure and arrival times, rather than having to calculate minutes to departure and arrival.  For example, departure 1105 and arrival 1215 although I am not sure how you deal with differing local times between countries

Best regards

Charles

If this can be done, it would need to be UTC based.  That's what all simulator time is with respect to, and translated to local time with timezone information.  I don't have an information source for the zone each airport finds itself in.

Thanks, Simon, let's just stick with being able to enter the flight number for STB only.

OK, this one is nearly cooked.  Will try to get it out over the weekend, baring one or too distractions now I've finally got my invite to a certain Beta program....

That's really great, thanks Simon, much appreciated and given I know how much you must have on your plate with the beta!

Hi Simon, that is really fantastic news and cannot say how much I appreciate this so quickly, HUGE thanks for all the efforts

Hi Simon, I am going to test it all later tis week when I can get to the sim and over the wekend too

Thanks for the marvellous pictures, I've often considered a portrait screen might be good for STB.

• Like 1

Hi Simon, I have just managed to test this, really great.  Only thing is that I was not specific enough.  When you enter Flight number under User Flight, I want to be able to enter the IATA code as well - currently it is still pulling the airline from somewhere (probably the aircraft cfg) and putting the logo of the airline under "Airline" and the IATA code (in my case G3) in the Flight column just before the flight number that I entered.

Would it be posible to select the Airline too, so for example I want to fly BA400, so regardless of what is in the CFG file, it will set the BA logo under Flight and the IATA BA before the flight number?

9 hours ago, CBB said:

Hi Simon, I have just managed to test this, really great.  Only thing is that I was not specific enough.  When you enter Flight number under User Flight, I want to be able to enter the IATA code as well - currently it is still pulling the airline from somewhere (probably the aircraft cfg) and putting the logo of the airline under "Airline" and the IATA code (in my case G3) in the Flight column just before the flight number that I entered.

Would it be posible to select the Airline too, so for example I want to fly BA400, so regardless of what is in the CFG file, it will set the BA logo under Flight and the IATA BA before the flight number?

I will consider it.  The IATA code comes from the Airline Objects configuration in STB, accessible through the Settings Notebook, which in turn is linked to the callsign in the aircraft.cfg (or whatever SimConnect says it is, that's where STB really gets it from).  So if you have "Speedbird" as your aircraft.cfg, you will get "BAxxxx" as your flight number.

Simon

Thanks, Simon, basically I want to be able to put in an IATA and flight number of any airline (today BA405, tomorrow G31664, then LHR 334 etc) without having to keep changing the cfg file each time.  In vatsim, proatc, etc you do the same thing.  I am sorry not to have explained better before

As well as the flight number override box already done, maybe another override box for IATA.  Maybe.....

Coming later today, if I can tear myself away from the MSFS 2020 twitch channels  for more than 5 minutes!

image.png.c302d6e47ad3264223e27967921c9823.png

Wow, Simon, you are incredible, I wish all sw support was like this!!  Thta is fantastic, I will try it out later today, thanks so much!!

Charles