The simFlight Network Forums
CBB

User Flight and flight number

32 minutes ago, chasbruce said:

Hi Simon, I updated just the client (not Data server which is still 17800) and I got the attached crash report, I was using U2 as IATA for Easyjet and P3D 4,5

crash.txt 1.84 kB · 0 downloads

The problem is: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

What this means is the logo associated with your current airline (callsign from the aircraft.cfg) is corrupt.  It could be your user aircraft, or from any AI that might be kicking around.  If you don't know which one, activate the verbose trace and that has details of the logs that get loaded (the last one should be the error).  Send me the trace file if you need help.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks Simon

It' strange if it is the callsign in the cfg because I always just use this aircraft, GOL, and it has always worked great with STB.  I don't ever touch the cfg, even if I change the airline/callsign in Vatsim/STB because, as I fly from a cockpit, I don't see the outside livery so this doesn't matter to me.  Here is the relevant part of the cfg and I have attached the trace with verbose selected:

[fltsim.8]
title=Prosim AR 737-800 PBR 2019 - GOL
sim=Prosim738_Pro
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=GOL
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=PR-GOT
atc_flight_number=234
atc_airline=GOL TRANSPORTE
atc_model=737-800
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes=SAS
ui_manufacturer="Prosim-AR"
ui_createdby="ProSim-AR"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="PROSIM-AR Pro 2019 GOL Livery"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
visual_damage=0
description="( Livery painted by Matthew Fitzjohn ) This new dynamic flight model also adds a new visual model but still focuses on flight-dynamics. The model was built in three years and it is trying to come to as close as possible to the real plane. All the manufacturer's data incorporated into the model are property of Boeing Company. Any unauthorised change or modification (including the .air file) is strictly prohibited. This ProSim-737 flight model are copyright and protected by ProSim737. The flight model is payware. Licensing can be optioned through the ProSim737 websites. The model will definitely change the way you fly your 737 Simulator. This unique advanced flight model is not anymore aimed at the home cockpit builder. Although it can also be used for professional training, under a different license construction (available separately from ProSim-737) the widest user base will be a rapidly growing number of cockpit builders. The dynamic model was built for Prosim737 and will NOT work poroperly with any other autopilot system or systems simulation suite. Do not combine it with any other software available."

STBClient.Trace.txt

Btw, when I inserted the callsign into STB for Easyjet, I used the IATA (U2) and not the ICAO (EZY) and not the Callsign (EASY), I note the CFG seems to have the callsign (GOL Transporte in the above extract)

This is the guy:

16/08/2020 17:46:21.948: FindImageFile: Found logo Logos\Airline\MY_TRAFFIC_X\AIR BALTIC.gif
16/08/2020 17:46:21.988: ThreadException: type System.OutOfMemoryException in domain TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe

So rename this to a non-image extentsion (e.g. off) and see if that fixes.  You may get a non-descript logo in it's place, but at least you can build a new one.

8 hours ago, CBB said:

Btw, when I inserted the callsign into STB for Easyjet, I used the IATA (U2) and not the ICAO (EZY) and not the Callsign (EASY), I note the CFG seems to have the callsign (GOL Transporte in the above extract)

Note quite sure if there's a problem here you are trying to tell me about?  I don't change aircrarft.cfg from STB.

Thanks, Simon, well I thought it was a problem related to what I entered as an IATA code, as this was the 1st time I had ever done this, and the 1st time that I ever had an STB crash!

Kinda strange coincidence that this bad image should pop up for the 1st time!

Just for my own understanding, what exactly does STB not like about the Air Baltic.gif, is it that there is not an IATA for them in STB or in the Air Baltic cfg?

Will STB work ok on Vatsim, which uses my TrafficX program to populate the aircraft of other users, or will it work only with offline ATC?

3 hours ago, CBB said:

Just for my own understanding, what exactly does STB not like about the Air Baltic.gif, is it that there is not an IATA for them in STB or in the Air Baltic cfg?

I can't say.  STB is not objecting, but Microsoft .net is and no information is provided about what's wrong.  Please try renaming and we'll go from there.

3 hours ago, CBB said:

Will STB work ok on Vatsim, which uses my TrafficX program to populate the aircraft of other users, or will it work only with offline ATC?

Short answer is I don't know as I've never had the pleasure of Vatsim, "not enough hourse in the day" syndrome I'm agraid.  If it creates AI using regular BGL schedules or directly via simconnect, should be fine.  Not sure STB really has any interaction with ATC anyhow.

Simon

Hi, I turned Air Baltic off, then I connected and went to London Gatwick and a crash message appeared, so I changed to Copenhagen and it worked and then back to Gatwick and still working.  Attached the logs, for some reason the trace wil not upload, maybe too big and have to delete

Other thing is that my call sign is ok on STB client (U28269 for Easyjet) but the logo is still showing GOL's as per the aircraft cfg, rather than Easyjet's

crash.txt

3 hours ago, chasbruce said:

Hi, I turned Air Baltic off, then I connected and went to London Gatwick and a crash message appeared, so I changed to Copenhagen and it worked and then back to Gatwick and still working.  Attached the logs, for some reason the trace wil not upload, maybe too big and have to delete

Other thing is that my call sign is ok on STB client (U28269 for Easyjet) but the logo is still showing GOL's as per the aircraft cfg, rather than Easyjet's

crash.txt 1.84 kB · 1 download

Are you certain it was turned off?  It's still crashing on that logo.  That said, I see the logo is zero length and that would explain it.  Leave it with me a while.....

Yes, I just changed the extension to 

.off

But after you change to another airport and go back, it is all ok

Did you see my other point re the logo still being GOL's?

Thanks

Yes - the callsign and hence the logo come from the aircraft.cfg.

Can this be changed, so that what you enter as the IATA code will drive what is shown as the logo?  I basically do not want to have to edit the cfg at any time

No it can't, I have nothing that translates an IATA to a callsign.  I'm not quite sure I understand why you'd want to use a different callsign than that in the aircraft.cfg, which would have to correspond to the actual paint?  For example, if I had callsign speedbird and the textures/paint were "British Airways", I wouldn't want to change that to callsign "Easyjet"?

It's because as mentioned, I fly in a cockpit so I don't see the outside liveries

What do I need to change in the CFG for it to pick up the correct logo?

I'll look to see if something can be done with callsign to save you having to edit the file, is that going to be everything you need here?

Hi Simon, thanks that would be fantastic and is everything.  I obviously should have explained better at the start, but the intention was to be able to change the call sign (IATA and number) and not have to do anything in the cfg.

For example, in Vatsim you put in your call sign and even aircraft type, it will then display on Vatsim that aircraft type (eg an A320 even if you are flying a B737 from the cfg) in the chosen livery and attach that call sign for ATC, all outside the cfg.  On STB I am trying to do a similar thing, although the livery display is just the airline logo to be displayed on STB

That is really great, Simon, thanks.  I see now that what you put in the field "Callsign" now appears on the STB Board i text, very nice.  I know you said that there is not a database of logos to insert the logo automatically, but maybe a quick way would be to have the ability for the user to upload a logo directly into the field "Callsign" - ie press a button, browse to the gif.  I guess these gifs are all in the AI folder, in my case within TrafficX, so I could simply browse there

The quick way is either as you already say into one of the AI add-on folders or you can create your own folder for airline logos and register that folder with STB from where they are used automatically.  I'd say that's sufficient right now.

Ok thx, but we can't at the moment put the logo into STB, only text when entering the callsign.  Can there not just be a button for us to manually select a logo?

There is a logo folder under the STB folder.  Just need to be able to select one of those manually, like with a browse button to the side of the "Callsign" field

Hope that makes sense

sorry, the logo must correspond to the callsign, otherwise a fundamental re-resdesign of STB would be required.

Understood, no problem, you have already done a huge amount for me, for which I am extremely grateful.

One last question please, if I were to change the atc_airline in the cfg file each time, in order that the logo would appear, is there a list of defined names/codes that you can put into atc_airline field?

For example, there is the following list in wkipedia, if it is this list, do I use the  "Airline" column, so for example "British Airways"?  

(This raises a small point, you may want to change the 1st field that you inserted above IATA to "Airline" instead of "Callsign", as for example a user may insert "Speedbird" instead of the Airline "British Airways"....pedantic but more correct!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes_(B)

Callsign is the correct definition, becuase that's what it is.  If you look purely at the P3D aircraft.cfg, atc_airline is by convention the callsign used by the default ATC.  P3D does not really understand real world airline names (for example BA being equivalent to callsign Speedbird) in a consistent way that's also accessible to me via SimConnect, so I worked around that by including a facility to translate the callsign to the airline name through a user configurable table.  Over the years, I've kept that up to date for as many of the AI packages as possible, but Traffic Global and AIG seem to be the only ones active now.

That said, at an STB level you can put what you want for the user aicraft callsign.  I can't change what the Simulator is using from my side of the world, but I can use your choice as the lookup key for the airline table and presentation of logos.  So if you prefer, you can specify "British Airways" as the call sign and it will look for a logo called British Airways.png

Simon