The simFlight Network Forums

FS2020 - A lot of informations

13 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Is it too soon to speculate whether or not Profiles and Axis, Key assignments for multiple devices will be doable?

Generally yes, but with a few changes:
  - no ALT modifier for key assignments, no masking of key assignments (due to SDK issues) so you need to ensure the key is not assigned in the sim
  - key assignments function when MSFS has focus AND when FSUIPC7 has focus
  - the following axes are no longer available: KEY_AILERON_TRIM_SETKEY_RUDDER_TRIM_SET

John

48 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

- key assignments function when MSFS has focus AND when FSUIPC7 has focus

I'm not sure what you mean by this, as far as I know Windows only allows one window/application from having the active focus?

9 minutes ago, jaxx said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, as far as I know Windows only allows one window/application from having the active focus?

Just that no matter whether MSFS or FSUIPC7 has the focus, key assignments in FSUIPC still work.

Pete

12 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Is there any information if LUA scripts do work (or in other word if LINDA will work)?

The LUA interface will be available. Some functions will no longer work and will be removed (e.g. lvar access) , but the majority should be ok.

I don't know about LINDA.

John

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Doesn't sound good 😪

So far as far as I am aware there seems to be no such thing as "L:vars". But even if there are they would only be accessible to internal modules in the sim, and there's no way currently we can make an FSUIPC internal module because, I think mainly for things like Xbox compatibility, internal modules have no access whatsoever to the outside world, basically killing almost all of the reasons folks use FSUIPC.

Pete

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

So far as far as I am aware there seems to be no such thing as "L:vars". But even if there are they would only be accessible to internal modules in the sim, and there's no way currently we can make an FSUIPC internal module because, I think mainly for things like Xbox compatibility, internal modules have no access whatsoever to the outside world, basically killing almost all of the reasons folks use FSUIPC.

Pete

I hope LINDA works in MSFS. 

2 hours ago, cellular55 said:

for what you know offsets will be available and usable?

Yes, for whatever values we can get and act upon. Maybe not all, and maybe, later on, some new ones. We are still checking what works and what doesn't, and it'll probably be all different again in the released version of MSFS, which means FSUIPC7 will still be in Beta.We will be relying a lot on feedback from users acting as beta testers.

Pete

1 hour ago, papanebo said:

Any idea if this will be the first sim at last to provide the number of passengers and cargo loaded or is still too early for that kind of questions?

Instead of payload weights and distribution? What would you use counts of passengers or bags/parcels for? The crucial thing for performance and balance is the weight and distribution.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Instead of payload weights and distribution? What would you use counts of passengers or bags/parcels for? The crucial thing for performance and balance is the weight and distribution.

Pete

Not instead, an addition. I'm sure it would be very useful for acars software used by virtual airlines and various other programs, in order to record the exact number of passengers and cargo loaded by pilots. 

2 hours ago, papanebo said:

Not instead, an addition. I'm sure it would be very useful for acars software used by virtual airlines and various other programs, in order to record the exact number of passengers and cargo loaded by pilots. 

Well, none the FS range of simulators actually have facilities to specify those things. I doubt if MSFS has either, but I wouldn't be able to say either way in any case because of the NDA.

In the P3D world I know a number of third party programs (including TopCat for example) provide the means to set the numbers of passengers in each class, maybe in each seat, but what then goes into the Sim is the weight in each payload section.

I don't know of any program which breaks down cargo into more than just passenger and freight cargo, totalled in fore and aft holds.

Pete

I’m new to FSUIPC and was directed here by a post on Facebook. Apparently the Saitek Cessna yoke isn’t recognised by MSFS2020 so things like the buttons and Hat switch on the yoke don’t work...would FSUIPC enable those buttons to work (also the ones on the throttle quadrant?)

Also earlier on in this thread it was reported that KEY_AILERON_TRIM_SETKEY_RUDDER_TRIM_SET  can’t be assigned...does this mean we can’t set up buttons to assign aileron and rudder trim or is there an alternative now in the sim?

Edited by daan_vb

3 hours ago, daan_vb said:

Also earlier on in this thread it was reported that KEY_AILERON_TRIM_SETKEY_RUDDER_TRIM_SET  can’t be assigned...does this mean we can’t set up buttons to assign aileron and rudder trim or is there an alternative now in the sim?

The increment and decrement controls for aileron/rudder trim are still available, its just the axes controls that are (currently) not available for assignment.

Apparently the Saitek Cessna yoke isn’t recognised by MSFS2020

What makes you think this?

would FSUIPC enable those buttons to work (also the ones on the throttle quadrant?)

Saitek device compatibility for MSFS/FSUIPC7 is the same as for FSUIPC6/5/4, i.e. yoke and throttle should be recognised and assignable but you would need SPAD or SPAD.next (or maybe lua) for radio panels, multi-switch boxes, etc.

John