The simFlight Network Forums

FS2020 - A lot of informations

Thanks John, someone on Facebook said that the controls worked but the buttons didn’t...

This was the quote...

“Frankly, I am very happy with my Cessna Yoke, but it is not recognized by MSFS2020 (alpha/beta) and haven't been able to configure many of the controls like hat switch successfully.”

1 hour ago, daan_vb said:

Thanks John, someone on Facebook said that the controls worked but the buttons didn’t...

It's a bit more involved than that. I can't really say anymore due to the NDA. I'll post an announcement on MSFS/FSUIPC on the 18th, and try and include information on what we know isn't currently working, either due to facilities now working or currently not available in MSFS, or due to not yet being implemented in FSUIPC7.

John

Hello,

as a strong fan of FFB-systems when using racing-simulations i allways miss them when using flight-simulators.

I tried to contact Ian of BFF-Simulation because i want to build a FFB-system based on his boards and software.

Unfortunately, i don´t get in contact with Ian until now.

As far as i know, his software needs/uses FSUIPC as base.  In  case of XP, there has to be an installation of XPUIPC.

Has anyone here an idea, how likely it is, that only the working FSUIPC for FS2020 will be enough to make such a system work ?

Ok, i know, this i maybe not he first adress for such a question, but:

The hope is, what dies last !   ;-)

Best regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

20 hours ago, SloMo said:

Has anyone here an idea, how likely it is, that only the working FSUIPC for FS2020 will be enough to make such a system work ?

I don't know! FSUIPC doesn't really support force feedback directly - from the user manual:

The only usual reason you may want P3D to handle some axes rather than FSUIPC is for Force Feedback. FSUIPC does not use the same methods to access joysticks as P3D and does not support Force Feedback.

However, it is possible that some FFB systems are driven by the FSUIPC offsets. You need to check with the software provider if this is the case. If it does use FSUIPC offsets, then whether it works or not in MSFS would depend on which offsets are used and whether they are populated in FSUIPC7/MSFS. 

John

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Yes. I will release a beta version of FSUIPC7 for MSFS on the 18th.  I'll post more details in the Announcements section before the 18th.

John

Thanks John and Peter, a must have in this hobbie...

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Yes. I will release a beta version of FSUIPC7 for MSFS on the 18th.  I'll post more details in the Announcements section before the 18th.

John

Great news, but will the smartcars from TFDi work with FSUIPC7 ?

1 minute ago, titan2002 said:

Great news, but will the smartcars from TFDi work with FSUIPC7 ?

I've no idea.  The developers would need to test this with FSUIPC7. If they are not on the MSFS third-party developer list (i.e. they have access to the MSFS SDK), then they can't test until they get access to the SDK, which will be included with an MSFS license.

John

Are you able to tell us some of what will / won't be supported via FSUIPC upon release without breaking NDA?

Information about support for simple offset values such as aircraft altitude / heading / light switches / landing gear and flap positions etc would be very helpful - if they don't change from the point of view of an end user then so much the better.

If you can't then no problem - I still thank you for your hard work in the meantime.

2 hours ago, FPVSteve said:

Are you able to tell us some of what will / won't be supported via FSUIPC upon release without breaking NDA?

Information about support for simple offset values such as aircraft altitude / heading / light switches / landing gear and flap positions etc would be very helpful - if they don't change from the point of view of an end user then so much the better.

As FSUIPC7 will initially be released as a beta version (with a free time-limited license), it won't include full documentation on what is and is not working. I'm currently looking at providing some documentation, based upon the current MSFS SDK documentation.  For offsets, this will include what is the current read/write status (according to the MSFS SDK documentation of the related sim variable) of each offset, together with the previous status of that offset (from FSUIPC6), so that users can see what has changed.

For events/controls its more complicated, as even though the latest SDK documentation includes a list of accepted events (which is what the event/controls list in FSUIPC7 will be based upon), many of these events currently have no affect. For example, so far I have not found any events for controlling views (including panning) that have any affect.

There are various SDK updates planned for MSFS in August/September, after the official release on the 18th. Hopefully these will address some of the issues we have with the current state of the SimConnect API.

However, I don't think I'll be able to release anything before the 18th.

John

10 hours ago, vegasjon777 said:

im still available if I can do anything to help- Im an Alpha/Beta tester but I dont think i have any dev options unless there is something I need to do to request it... 🙂

You need access to the MSFS SDK to use FSUIPC7 (for the time being at least), so unless you have 'third party dev' privileges you won't be able to use FSUIPC7 until the 18th I'm afraid. Probably not worth requesting this at such a late stage.

At some point, there will be an SDK update so that the dll is no longer required.

John

John/Pete,

Hopefully a couple of "simple" question.

Will v7 be available/used for P3Dv4/v5 as an update as well as MSFS or will it be specific to the MSFS platform?

What will the value(s) of offset 3308 (FS Version)  and 3124 (Specific Version) be for the new sim? Just trying to get a bit of a head start for my BA Virtual ACARS tool 🙂

Thanks...

13 minutes ago, IanAbel said:

Will v7 be available/used for P3Dv4/v5 as an update as well as MSFS or will it be specific to the MSFS platform?

No, it will be specific to MSFS.

14 minutes ago, IanAbel said:

What will the value(s) of offset 3308 (FS Version)  and 3124 (Specific Version) be for the new sim?

offset 3308: I'll set this to 13
offset 3124: 110

John

John - I'm assuming that all the old axis and button mappings and profiles will not be compat with MSFS2020. So user would have to manually set up new profiles for a/c then when an a /c is selected FSUIPC7 will punch in the right profile. Is this correct?

Thanx,

Vic

On 8/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, daan_vb said:

I’m new to FSUIPC and was directed here by a post on Facebook. Apparently the Saitek Cessna yoke isn’t recognised by MSFS2020 so things like the buttons and Hat switch on the yoke don’t work...would FSUIPC enable those buttons to work (also the ones on the throttle quadrant?)

All Saitek Cessna gear including the yoke works. It is detected upon installation but not pre-configured, so you have to do that manually. However, I could assign all functions I wanted. Maybe it even comes pre-configured in the release version, as this has been reported.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Vic,

13 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I'm assuming that all the old axis and button mappings and profiles will not be compat with MSFS2020. So user would have to manually set up new profiles for a/c then when an a /c is selected FSUIPC7 will punch in the right profile. Is this correct?

Most settings should be compatible, so you can rename an existing FSUIPC4/5/6.ini to FSUIPC7.ini to preserve your settings. However, this does not mean that everything will work, as many of the events/controls currently have no affect (and there is still not that much documentation on what is and isn't working in this area), and some offset functionality has been removed. For example, if you have a hat switch to control view panning and/or slewing, this will not work and would have to be assigned in MSFS. Also, masking of keys/events isn't working, so if you have these assigned in FSUIPC7 then you will need to ensure that these are not also assigned in MSFS.

As for profiles, they should also work in the same way. You may need to re-assign your profiles to the MSFS aircraft though, if the strings/substrings you use don't match the MSFS aircraft names.

John

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Hi Vic,

Most settings should be compatible, so you can rename an existing FSUIPC4/5/6.ini to FSUIPC7.ini to preserve your settings. However, this does not mean that everything will work, as many of the events/controls currently have no affect (and there is still not that much documentation on what is and isn't working in this area), and some offset functionality has been removed. For example, if you have a hat switch to control view panning and/or slewing, this will not work and would have to be assigned in MSFS. Also, masking of keys/events isn't working, so if you have these assigned in FSUIPC7 then you will need to ensure that these are not also assigned in MSFS.

As for profiles, they should also work in the same way. You may need to re-assign your profiles to the MSFS aircraft though, if the strings/substrings you use don't match the MSFS aircraft names.

John

Interesting. 🙂 now the decision is - which is faster/easier - starting from scratch or picking through old profiles to see what doesn't work. I read something long ago - "sometimes it is faster to do it the hard way than to spend hours trying to find the easy way"

Vic