The simFlight Network Forums

I want to download makerunways 4.91:

But when I click on the zip it just refreshes the additional programs page.

Hi,

I think, you clicked on the tag instead of going into the subsection of the useful programs and download the latest ZIP from there. I have just tested it and it works as planned.

Rgds
Reinhard

John,

I was in this section:

Flight plan converter, FxmlToFLT, FxmlToFlt.zip
This utility, written and copyrighted by John Nunez in 2014, converts the new format "FXML" flight files into the older format "FLT" for use by unmaintained programs such as RCV4 (Radar Contact version 4). RCV4 provides restart options from saved flights but can only read the old FLT format.

Make Runways utility version 4.91 MakeRwys.zip
-- For P3D3, P3D4 and P3D5 , this version uses a Lorbi-SI's AddonOrganizer derivative called "LorbySceneryExport", (included with MakeRunways) to create a scenery.cfg fil it can use even when the scenery add-ons are distributed according to various XML file. 
Please see the document included in the MakeRunways ZIP!

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

John,

I just clicked on the zip you provided and the same thing, the page refreshed?

Note :

I I go to download this FSUIPC6 zip it works:

FOR Prepar3D 4 & 5 (64-bit)

Install complete FSUIPC version 6.0.9: Install FSUIPC6
This is the 64-bit version and is valid for Prepar3D version 4
from 4.3, and version 5.

28 minutes ago, von said:

I just clicked on the zip you provided and the same thing, the page refreshed?

I clicked on it and MakeRwys.zip downloaded okay. What do you mean by "the page refreshed"? 

The link most certainly refers to the ZIP file in which we supply MakeRwys.  And it is the same as the one you quoted (from "Useful additional Programs") and the same as the one on FSUIPC.com. In fact it is the only MakeRwys ZIP there is.

So I've no idea what your system is doing. Maybe it would be quite useful to understand what you actually mean by a page "refreshing".

Pete

Hello Pete,

Short video to show what I see.

https://youtu.be/SPHfpUf7m5M 

2 hours ago, von said:

Short video to show what I see.

It looks to me like it was downloaded quite quickly (it's a small package). Have you looked in your Downloads folder or wherever you have things set to download to? Note the notification which appears briefly at the bottom left of the screen.

Maybe you are not used to seeing such fast downloads because you normally download somewhat larger files?  I suggest you search your system for "MakeRwys.zip" as I expect you've actually downloaded it several times already.

I didn't notice which browser you were using, so i don't know if it applies to yours, but in Chrome (the browser I use) one of the options it provides is to display a window called "Downloads" which displays a history of the downloads you've done (and any underway or pending). Check yours.

Pete

I have been using MakeRwys .exe Version 4.9.0.0 date modified in zip file  4/11/2020 7.48AM.

Downloaded after reading this post (apologies to OP for hi-jacking his post)  Version 4.9.1.0  date modified in zip file 1/9/2019 2.11AM.

Strange?

noels7

14 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

It looks to me like it was downloaded quite quickly (it's a small package). Have you looked in your Downloads folder or wherever you have things set to download to? Note the notification which appears briefly at the bottom left of the screen.

Maybe you are not used to seeing such fast downloads because you normally download somewhat larger files?  I suggest you search your system for "MakeRwys.zip" as I expect you've actually downloaded it several times already.

I didn't notice which browser you were using, so i don't know if it applies to yours, but in Chrome (the browser I use) one of the options it provides is to display a window called "Downloads" which displays a history of the downloads you've done (and any underway or pending). Check yours.

Pete

Hello Pete,

I searched but did not find the zip file on my PC.
I use FireFox.
I also use Free Download Manager.
I recently updated to WIN10 2004

You mentioned it was a very small file so maybe that is why Free Download Manager did not handle it and I got a screen refresh instead.

I got the download by:
right mouse click on the FSUIPC Makerwys.zip file
then I selected Save file as.
This brought up a screen to name, save and download the file (screenshot).

Thank you for your help.

SaveLinkAs-worked.JPG

Thomas

I downloaded yesterday from Peter's/John's site yesterday after noticing mention of  version 4.9.1.0 above.

Have just re downloaded it and this is what is shown again.

Screenshot_1.jpg

22 hours ago, von said:

I searched but did not find the zip file on my PC.

Maybe the search does not search everywhere. I use a freeware program called "Everything", and run it 'as administrator' so it can access all folders.

Otherwise, if you did search everywhere, I think you must have some anti-virus checker which for some reason takes exception to the file. Perhaps try after temporarily disabling it.

Pete

hi pete, I just downloaded makeRunway 4.9 into my p3dv4, when I click over exe file , a lot of windows open, how can i fix it? . thank's a lot, 

Demian 

Capture.PNG

7 hours ago, greevard said:

I just downloaded makeRunway 4.9 into my p3dv4, when I click over exe file , a lot of windows open, how can i fix it?

The program only ever creates one window. for some reason you seem to have executed it several times instead of just once.

Select the EXE file, right-click on it, select "Run as Administrator".

Pete

Hi pete, I found the bug, in my P3dv4 folder "LorbySceneryExport.exe" was copied, when i Delete this file MKRW works fine, thanks a lot

1 hour ago, greevard said:

I found the bug, in my P3dv4 folder "LorbySceneryExport.exe" was copied, when i Delete this file MKRW works fine,

But you need LorbySceneryExport next to MakeRwys, otherwise the data generated won't include any sceneries added by the "Add-On.xml" method!

Pete