The simFlight Network Forums

FSX or Prepar3D crashes when FSUIPC reads weather data from SimConnect

Hello Pete, today I have suddenly have FSX failing to load with the message "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on)"

Name: FSUIPC4 DLL: FS new universal IPC interface

Version: 4.974

Company Peter L. Dowson

File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

FSX then CTD if chosen to continue!

I have recently started to use FSXWX on a client machine, so following all your above advices, there is no change

I hold a licence for both Wide Server/Client and FSUIPC

Do you recognise this issue?

Thanks

Martin

You added this to a thread in the reference section "FAQ". I know that thread may well be relevant, but so we can deal with it as a support query i've moved it here.

6 hours ago, katoema said:

FSX then CTD if chosen to continue!

Well, in that case we need the CTD details, please, from the Windows Event Viewer. Paster a copy here. It's easy to cut the details from the Event Viewer display options.

We also need to see the last FSUIPC4 Log you  got from FSUIPC. It'll be in the Modules folder.

6 hours ago, katoema said:

I have recently started to use FSXWX on a client machine, so following all your above advices, there is no change

Try with FSXWX disabled AND, before starting FSX, again deleting the wxstationlist.bin and all of the .wx files. After all, it does seem mighty suspicious that it started when you started using that program.

Pete

Thank You:

The first is timed at 15:19:51 (20/072020):

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000566f9
Faulting process ID: 0x75c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65e9fbc230dcc
Faulting application path: C:\Fsx\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Fsx\atc.dll
Report ID: f5237a75-c212-4639-a754-a7871db8967c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

The second is timed at 15:48:37 (20/07/2020):

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb57
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00037399
Faulting process ID: 0x39c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65ea3e1987b88
Faulting application path: C:\Fsx\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Fsx\ai_player.dll
Report ID: 9bf81c8a-7dc2-4850-929e-907c7e41984d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I had deleted the wxstationlist.bin and all of the .wx files after first reading your text in FAQ. However, I also saw that there was a slight FSUIPC4 version increase from v. 4.974 to v. 4.975a and therefore updated my version. The outcome, yesterday, is that FSX loaded with no error message.

Today, everything seems to be functioning correctly!

Can you indicate what the issue may have been?

Thank You

Martin

FSUIPC4.log

16 minutes ago, katoema said:

Today, everything seems to be functioning correctly!

Can you indicate what the issue may have been?

Not really, as your FSUIPC4.LOG is from a good session. The previous (last crashed) log would have been more informative.

However, from the Windows crash data it would appear that the problem was due to some corruption in memory. The first was in ATC.DLL and the second in AI_PLAYER.DLL, and assuming that it isn't a corrupt install of FSX the most likely problem was corruption due the SimConnect loading bad weather data. Maybe the FSUIPC update has caused a slightly different memory arrangement, so something more innocuous is corrupted. Or maybe your deletion of the weather files paid off this time.

Pete

Thank you, I had only registered as a member of the forum after the event of the FSUIPC update. I now appreciate the necessity for a log directly after an event. Point noted.

Thank you for your time indeed/

Martin