The simFlight Network Forums

Paint Schemes on Real Traffic

Alvaro Chavez

1 hour ago, Alvaro Chavez said:

I just bought the Real Traffic for the 3D Pro, but all I can hear is the airline names, the paint scheme do not show up on the planes. 

Real Traffic provides realistic airplane models, airlines, and schedules. Real Color provides realistic liveries. If you want paint schemes you'll need to acquire one or more Real Color packs.

Although the Real Color packs are produced for each airport, the liveries in a pack can be seen at other airports (assuming there is a plane/model in the schedule). For example, you only have RC for KLAX and it includes a AAL/B738. You'll see color for any airport with an AAL/B738  in the schedule. As a result, if you get a new airport I recommend to play that airport first and if you decide there are too many white planes then buy the RC pack for it. Otherwise, save a few bucks.  

Whenever I purchase a new airport, I always purchase the associated RC pack. 

However, all tails are white until I purchase RT, meaning I've purchased RT a number of times. Therefore 3 x purchases per new airport

Is this right or is there a way to just update RT without purchase? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Huwster65 said:

Is this right or is there a way to just update RT without purchase? 

All you do is use the RT download link received after first purchasing.  No need to re-purchase as that downloading link stays active for your personal use to update each RT update.