The simFlight Network Forums

Axes not reaching Limits and center position

Hi,

I have a problem with FSUIPC in P3Dv4.5 and Aerosoft Airbus aircraft.

When FSUIPC is loaded, the X and Y axis of my side stick will not reach the end positions and re-center and behave somewhat erratic. If I set the add-on.xml to .off, so FSUIPC does not get loaded and I perform the flight control check both axis behave normal with smooth movement and re-center.

Initially I thought I had to run my side stick thru FSUIPC, but decided against it and set it up directly in P3Dv4. So now I don't know if there are any entries in the FSUIPC.ini that affect these 2 axis and affect the movement of the side stick in P3Dv4.5. I also deleted FSUIPC (control panel) and re installed it, but the same FSUIPC.ini showed up again.

If someone could take a look at my attached FSUIPC.ini file and let me know which entries are affecting the X and Y axis, so I can delete them.

Thanks for help

Juergen Mader

FSUIPC6.ini

1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

When FSUIPC is loaded, the X and Y axis of my side stick will not reach the end positions and re-center and behave somewhat erratic. If I set the add-on.xml to .off, so FSUIPC does not get loaded and I perform the flight control check both axis behave normal with smooth movement and re-center.

Seems that you have both a poorly calibrated joystick in FSUIPC (did you follow the numbered steps for calibration?), and an assignment left in P3D, giving conflicts.

1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

Initially I thought I had to run my side stick thru FSUIPC, but decided against it and set it up directly in P3Dv4. So now I don't know if there are any entries in the FSUIPC.ini that affect these 2 axis and affect the movement of the side stick in P3Dv4.5.

If you want to stop FSUIPC calibration you need to go into its calibration tab and reset those axes. Easy one button press!

2 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

I also deleted FSUIPC (control panel) and re installed it, but the same FSUIPC.ini showed up again.

Sorry, there's no way of removing or changing FSUIPC settings in the "control panel", whatever you mean by that. If you want to reset it completely to default just delete the INI file.

Pete

Hi,

In the documentation folder of the Aerosoft Airbus you will find a document "Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup.pdf". In that document two methods of setting up your controls are described: Without and with FSUIPC. Follow these instructions and it will work.

The most important sentence:

If using you are using FSUIPC assignment, make sure that the throttles are not assigned in the P3D controller menu. Open the FSUIPC menu and go to Axis assignment and set a checkmark in Aircraft specific? Checkbox. Setup each throttle axis to read like this:

Rgds
Reinhard

Hi,

The problem was that I had conflicting assignments in P3D and FSUIPC.

I reset FSUIPC to default and copied/pasted the additional button assignments from the previous FSUIPC.ini. Now everything works NORMAL.

Thanks for help

Juergen Mader