The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 Macro Making Stuck

Hello all I was making a macro for my FS labs a 320 and my honeycomb yoke light switches.  I successfully macro’d most of the cockpit that I wanted to do and when I tried to do the beacon lights the FSUIPC macro making became stuck and would not allow me to hit tab, escape or even click out of the same connect window using the X. Even FSUIPC the interface was frozen would not allow me to hit “end macro making” Or assign anything else.  This problem persisted after I restarted P3D twice.  Any help would be much appreciated

Edited by Ross McDonagh
Text to speech wrote “yolk” instead of yoke.

4 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Hello all I was making a macro for my FS labs a 320 and my honeycomb yolk light switches.  I successfully Mac Road most of the cockpit that I wanted to do and when I tried to do the beacon lights the FSUIPC macro making became stuck and would not allow me to hit tab, escape or even click out of the same connect window using the X. Even FSUIPC the interface was frozen would not allow me to hit “end macro making” Or assign anything else.  This problem persisted after I restarted P3D twice.

You need to supply more information, like version of P3D and version of FSUIPC. If FSUIPC is not up to date, please update it before coming back.

If you mean with P3D4 or P3D5 then the mouse macro facility is completely dependent upon facilities in P3D. The code in FSUIPC is very simple. So it may well be a problem between that aircraft implementation and P3D.  To determine further we would need a lot more detail --

1. The exact sequence of keypresses and what is displayed after each.
2. Does P3D carry on working but you can't enter FSUIPC options, or what? Explain in detail please.
3. What happens if you don't try pressing TAB, just naming and pressing return?  It might be the attempted execution causing the problem.
4. If by avoiding TAB the macro is created, does it work, or hang P3D or FSUIPC when used?
5. Most importantly, is it just with that one switch in that cockpit? If so then i think it needs reporting to FSL.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

You need to supply more information, like version of P3D and version of FSUIPC. If FSUIPC is not up to date, please update it before coming back.

If you mean with P3D4 or P3D5 then the mouse macro facility is completely dependent upon facilities in P3D. The code in FSUIPC is very simple. So it may well be a problem between that aircraft implementation and P3D.  To determine further we would need a lot more detail --

1. The exact sequence of keypresses and what is displayed after each.
2. Does P3D carry on working but you can't enter FSUIPC options, or what? Explain in detail please.
3. What happens if you don't try pressing TAB, just naming and pressing return?  It might be the attempted execution causing the problem.
4. If by avoiding TAB the macro is created, does it work, or hang P3D or FSUIPC when used?
5. Most importantly, is it just with that one switch in that cockpit? If so then i think it needs reporting to FSL.

Pete

Pete, thanks so much for the reply.  

I’m on FSUIPC 6.0.9 and P3D V5 HF2 

-it’s stuck on one click spot from the time I begin making the macro.  I’m not able to click anything else, to change the click spot or type

it’s as if the mouse is stuck continually clicking in one spot.  I’ll post a video below to demonstrate.  I feel in my head logically like it’s a double command being sent maybe.  

-It also will not allow me to type or hit enter.  It’s as if backspace is stuck when I try to name the command 
-When I begin macro making it’s stuck on one command instantly, I can’t TAB or ESC, I can only go in and click around to end macro making.  

https://streamable.com/12089m

Edited by Ross McDonagh

3 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

I will do that update and report back after that. 

Ok. Could you also try with a default plane. I've just tried here with FSUIPCv6.0.10 and P3Dv5 HF2 and its working as expected.

It looks as though FSUIPC is receiving (or continually receiving) a mouse click for that rectangle id. The escape key may be exiting the window, but it gets displayed again due to receiving another mouse click event - do you notice any slight flickering when you git the escape key?

Have you managed to create a mouse macro for that aircraft previously?

I'll check for some additional logging flags that may help in tracking down the issue.

15 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

do you notice any slight flickering when you git the escape key

-Yes and there’s also flickering if I attempt to type in a name.  Say I tried to type “TAXI” it would flicker the T and keep deleting it as if I was simultaneously pushing T and backspace... 

Ok. Could you also try with a default plane. I've just tried here with FSUIPCv6.0.10 and P3Dv5 HF2 and its working as expected.

I will indeed.  Probably won’t be til late tonight I’m on an 18 hour day at work today 

It looks as though FSUIPC is receiving (or continually receiving) a mouse click for that rectangle id.

That’s exactly what seems to be happening.  I’ve no idea how to fix it.  Even hitting the x on the simconnect window won’t allow me to get out of there. 

Have you managed to create a mouse macro for that aircraft previously?

I have indeed, this was actually the last switch I was attempting to program on my honeycomb yoke.  I have autopilot and other light functions already programmed to several devices.  

I will update as soon as I get home and see if that fixes it.  I has successfully programmed the macro to all the other lights on the overhead and this was the last one.  I also installed GSX so I don’t know if that matters or not.  

Thanks so much for the reply John.  Very glad to hear you’re carrying on the FSUIPC tradition and honored to get a response from Pete himself an FS community legend.  

Edited by Ross McDonagh

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe also try testing with this disabled, as well as any other add-on or plugin you may have running or recently added.

So with everything else I have completely disabled, this macro making still sticks.  Just as in the video.  I tested a default airplane it didn’t stick, I tested a different livery/engined FSLabs A320 and it did it again same click spot.  Finally I tested the TFDI 717 and it worked fine.   So it’s only with the FSLabs A320.  What should I do from here?

2 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

So with everything else I have completely disabled, this macro making still sticks.  Just as in the video.  I tested a default airplane it didn’t stick, I tested a different livery/engined FSLabs A320 and it did it again same click spot.  Finally I tested the TFDI 717 and it worked fine.   So it’s only with the FSLabs A320.  What should I do from here?

Perhaps you've assigned a macro with the same id that is being detected to one of your switches in a way that continuously invokes the macro? I'd suggest you open your macro file(s) in a text editor and look for entries with the id 400001c6.

39 minutes ago, adrem said:

open your macro file(s) in a text editor and look for entries with the id 400001c6.

I did indeed do that.  I couldn’t seem to find it.  There’s a 400001 but not a C6 IIRC.  I’m having enough issues just with GPU hangs on P3D at night and this is a brand new rig. 10700K and 2080S 

When you create the macro, are you giving the name of an existing macro file? If so, what happens if you give a new file name?

Do you also get the issue if you remove (i.e. temporarily rename) the macro file (or files) that you have already created for the A320?

Do you know what button//switch the rectangle id is referring to?

If you have previously created mouse macros for this aircraft, something must have changed.

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Could you post your FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files and I'll take a look to see if there is anything else there that could be interfering.

Good morning John, I’ll do this here in a little bit.  

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

When you create the macro, are you giving the name of an existing macro file? If so, what happens if you give a new file name?

Yes indeed I’m using my profile specific name.  I will try a different one and report back when I post the .ini and log files 

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Do you also get the issue if you remove (i.e. temporarily rename) the macro file (or files) that you have already created for the A320?

How can I temporarily rename the file? 

1 hour ago, Ross McDonagh said:

How can I temporarily rename the file? 

Just rename the file (in windows Explorer) then test. Afterwards, change it back. Maybe you could post this file as well and I'll check that.

Here are the files

Nothing obvious in there. The only peculiarity is that you still have controllers enabled - if assigning axis in FSUIPC it is better to disable controllers completely in P3D, otherwise they may get re-assigned in P3D causing conflicts.

You also seem to be using mouse macros for everything... It is better to use standard controls/events if/when they work. If not, you should try to see if an lvar is available for that function. You should use mouse macros as a last resort, when standard P3D controls don't work and there is no lvars available.

You should also change to
    AutoAssignLetters=Yes
in the [JoyNames] section of your ini - this will prevent problems if your JoyIds change, and make it easier to recover if your GUIDs change  - see the "JoyLetters" section of the user guide for more details.

However, none of this is related to your issue. Let me know how it goes when removing that macro file and/or trying a new macro file name.

P.S. Also try with logging for 'Buttons and key operations' active, as I think this also logs mouse buttons. Produce a log file generated when you have your problem please.

Once you  have tried the above (and sent me the files), could you try the following dll please: FSUIPC6.dll

Just drop that file into your installation directory to replace the current one.

With this dll, you can add a new ini parameter to the [General] section of your ini, thus:
    IgnoreTheseRectangles=RX400001C6

This will instruct FSUIPC6 to ignore input from that button/switch (mouse rectangle) while you create the macro.

Of course, this doesn't solve your original problem which I would still like to get to the bottom of, just a (temporary?) work around.

John

Thanks John, I actually had to uninstall the FSL A320 for now.  I will report back when I reinstall tonight.  It was causing DXGI errors.  

My other addons did work as advertised but the FSL causes problems so uninstalling that and I’m going to attempt to reinstall afterward.  Is it possible to reset all my macros and begin again?   

Ok. I would like to see your macro file though, to see if anything is already assigned to that id. If its already there, and you also have assigned a button/switch to this macro, then this may be activating it. Logging 'buttons and switches' would also help if this is the issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Is it possible to reset all my macros and begin again?   

You can delete (or rename) the macro file. But you already have lots of assignments to it, so you would need to remove them as well. I would leave this for now, until you have done the further tests I have advised, and provided me with the macro file so I can see what is in there, and a log showing your issue (with button logging activated). This would really help in tracking down the issue. If that rectangle is already assigned to a button, and that button is sticky/faulty (i.e. continually sending a press and/or release), then this would explain your issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Ok. I would like to see your macro file though, to see if anything is already assigned to that id. If its already there, and you also have assigned a button/switch to this macro, then this may be activating it. Logging 'buttons and switches' would also help if this is the issue.

Where do I find the macro file?  I thought that was in the .ini ??

You also seem to be using mouse macros for everything... It is better to use standard controls/events if/when they work. If not, you should try to see if an lvar is available for that function. You should use mouse macros as a last resort, when standard P3D controls don't work and there is no lvars available.

I use mouse macros for push/pull on the autopilot, landing lights, autopilot engage/disengage when the P3D command is different for an add-on etc.  It seems easier to do the macro (I used macros in FS9/FSX with much success) and configure my controllers for each add-on aircraft.  I also have no idea what an lvar is. 

18 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Where do I find the macro file?  I thought that was in the .ini ??

No, your ini contains the assignments to the macro file. The macro file itself is the name you gave It - it's in your installation folder, called A320 Test.MCRO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Dowson said:
27 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

No, your ini contains the assignments to the macro file. The macro file itself is the name you gave It - it's in your installation folder, called A320 Test.MCRO.

Thanks so much John.  I will post this up tonight for you.  I also greatly appreciate your patience with me as I’m trying to get my feet back under me after a long time away from FS and Windows PC’s.  I’m trying to find an FSUIPC6 user guide to read on my phone while I’m at work.  

At the moment as I mentioned, I had to uninstall the FSLabs A320.  I’d really like to start fresh when I put the aircraft back in.  

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to configure everything and not very much time flying.  The biggest thing I wanted to do with this new PC/sim setup was fly the FSLabs and of course it’s being a giant headache for me between the GPU hangs at night and then the macro sticking on the other hand I’m ready to rip my hair out lol

No problem. If you are starting afresh, you should investigate lvars. Check the documentation on this (which will be in your Documents folder, under an FSUIPC6 folder).  You can get the user (and advanced user) guides there as well (to put on your phone!).

A good place to start with lvars (and lua) would be the LINDA module for the FSLabs A320. You don't have to use LINDA, but its worth checking out what they use (offsets & lvars) to control the aircraft. It will be quite advanced, but should should be able to get some good tips if you take a look. Try https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/502679-fslabs-airbus-a3xx-x-15-3-jul-20/ for info + the download (also looks like it's been recently updated).

it’s being a giant headache for me between the GPU hangs at night

I've a similar problem on my flight PC at the moment - it randomly reboots during a flight on occasion. Only when using one sim, but quite regularly, and with no crash or event reported anywhere that I can find...very frustrating!

• Like 1

No problem. If you are starting afresh, you should investigate lvars. Check the documentation on this (which will be in your Documents folder, under an FSUIPC6 folder).  You can get the user (and advanced user) guides there as well (to put on your phone!).

A good place to start with lvars (and lua) would be the LINDA module for the FSLabs A320. You don't have to use LINDA, but its worth checking out what they use (offsets & lvars) to control the aircraft. It will be quite advanced, but should should be able to get some good tips if you take a look. Try https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/502679-fslabs-airbus-a3xx-x-15-3-jul-20/ for info + the download (also looks like it's been recently updated).

I've a similar problem on my flight PC at the moment - it randomly reboots during a flight on occasion. Only when using one sim, but quite regularly, and with no crash or event reported anywhere that I can find...very frustrating!

Thanks John, I’ve definitely taken a look at that recently.   I just feel like the mouse macro/button pressing is an easier way for me to program and get in the air while still having my controls working the way I want them to.  I used to use macros for FS9/X as well because back then (and now!) the LUA and LINDA stuff just seemed way over my head and too advanced for what could be done with some mouse clicking.  

I’m also wondering why the macros should be a last resort?  I don’t believe many of the addons have controls to send for specific button pushes in the flight deck unless I’m missing them-and if there are I’d love to get a list of said controls for the FSlabs and TFDI aircraft (for now)  

second edit:

I’ve found something called rotor brake which I have no clue what it means or really how to work it but I think this may be what you’re trying to get at?  

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/22402-v440-update-in-depth-tutorial-to-bind-switches-and-push-buttons-to-keyboard-or-hardware-for-the-a3xx/&do=findComment&comment=168581