The simFlight Network Forums

Rotorbrake/Lvar Button “Release” code

After some spending some time researching/ learning after the help John and Pete gave me in my other thread here earlier in the week, I think I’m about ready to try and ditch the mouse macros to button controls that I was using as a solution to bind my autopilot controls to my honeycomb yoke switches.  My question/issue in this is that with the A3XX series (or any Airbus) the autopilot controls are a momentary push/pull type of switch to select the desired mode.  I am using the 4 rocker “switches” on the honeycomb yoke (and I intend on using the same type when my honeycomb bravo throttle arrives in the fall.  See pics for what I mean   

Now instead of being actual switches they’re actually buttons which remain depressed/active so long as the position is up or down.  For example if the switch is up, button 23 is continually “pressed” and if the switch is down, button 22 is continually pressed.  With my current mouse macros, in one airbus (Aerosoft) it shows the animation of the autopilot/FCU switch shows permanently pushed or pulled in even though the autopilot mode activates as desired. 

Bearing that in mind,  I found these parameters (offsets?  Lvars?  Both?) on the FSLabs Forums to send thru FSUIPC to my switches.   The italicized text is copied from a thread over there   

All of these are as above (rotor_brake) commands:

Alt(itude) Push (left-click): 71249 (mouse click), 71252 (mouse release)
Alt Pull (rt-click) : 71250 (mouse click), 71253 (mouse release)

Alt(itude)increase:   71261
Alt decrease: 71262  

I can send the increase/decrease commands to my CH throttle switches (3 way switches-up/off/down no problem.  

What I’d really like to do and need guidance on is how to send Alt Pull/Push AND Mouse release while the switch remains depressed. 

So for instance when I select my switch up (thereby depressing button 23) I’d like to send the commands:

In the same push as it were even though button 23 remains “on”

I realize that I can’t send 71252 (mouse release) as a “control to send when button released” because “button 23” never becomes released so long as it’s in the up position.  

Any guidance would certainly be appreciated! 

CB2C5B65-D9FD-4049-91B3-1A617DA027DC.jpeg

3FF9E94B-4E5B-4688-BBCA-E95975864D10.jpeg

10 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Bearing that in mind,  I found these parameters (offsets?  Lvars?  Both?) on the FSLabs Forums to send thru FSUIPC to my switches.   The italicized text is copied from a thread over there   

All of these are as above (rotor_brake) commands:

Alt Pull (rt-click) : 71250 (mouse click), 71253 (mouse release)

Alt(itude)increase:   71261
Alt decrease: 71262  

Those look like "custom control" numbers. You can assign to those in the Buttons and Switched tab by selecting <custom control> from the drop down list (I think it's the first item). Then you can enter a control number (thosde above) and a parameter, if needed.

10 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

What I’d really like to do and need guidance on is how to send Alt Pull/Push AND Mouse release while the switch remains depressed. 

You can have any number of assignments to the the same button, but to do this you have to edit the INI file and add them there. 

Assign the first action. Then open the FSUIPC settings file (.INI) and find that assignment -- eg search for that control number. Then duplicate it with a different entry number (the number before the =), and change the control number to your second action.

For this make sure you do NOT have repeat selected.

Please see the Advanced Users guide for more details of what you can do with button assignments.

You can edit theINI file with the Sim still running, and get your changes recognised by using the "Reload ..." button on the Buttons & Switches tab.

Pete

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I think they are actually parameters to the Rotor Brake control, which has been re-purposed in the FSLabs A3xx  aircraft.

Oops! My misunderstanding then. Quite strange they've selected parameters which look very much like custom controls.  I was going by the statement "All of these are as above (rotor_brake) commands" as meaning controls for the "rotor brake", whatever that is.

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I think they are actually parameters to the Rotor Brake control, which has been re-purposed in the FSLabs A3xx  aircraft.

That still means I can send it as a custom control for FSUIPC? 

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Those look like "custom control" numbers. You can assign to those in the Buttons and Switched tab by selecting <custom control> from the drop down list (I think it's the first item). Then you can enter a control number (thosde above) and a parameter, if needed.

You can have any number of assignments to the the same button, but to do this you have to edit the INI file and add them there. 

Assign the first action. Then open the FSUIPC settings file (.INI) and find that assignment -- eg search for that control number. Then duplicate it with a different entry number (the number before the =), and change the control number to your second action.

For this make sure you do NOT have repeat selected.

Please see the Advanced Users guide for more details of what you can do with button assignments.

You can edit theINI file with the Sim still running, and get your changes recognised by using the "Reload ..." button on the Buttons & Switches tab.

Pete

Thanks Pete.  I appreciate the help.  I had always used macros back in the 2D cockpit days.  Looking forward to doing it right this time