The simFlight Network Forums

[P3Dv5 HF2] Problems using ipc.keypress and keypress

Hi,

you may remember the ipc.keypress issue I've reported some days ago (I am using a lua-script). This has been fixed with v6.0.1.0b but looks there is another issue preventing ipc.keypress and native keyboard key presses too.
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/89926-p3dv5-hf2-ipckeypressplus-dont-press-key/?do=findComment&comment=544912

Please find fsuipc6.log

This can be reproduced by calling the GSX menu. Rolling back to 6.0.1.0b brings everything back to normal.

Could you please have a look again? 😉

Regards,
Peter

FSUIPC6.log

6 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

you may remember the ipc.keypress issue I've reported some days ago (I am using a lua-script). This has been fixed with v6.0.1.0b but looks there is another issue preventing ipc.keypress and native keyboard key presses too.
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/89926-p3dv5-hf2-ipckeypressplus-dont-press-key/?do=findComment&comment=544912

Please find fsuipc6.log

This can be reproduced by calling the GSX menu. Rolling back to 6.0.1.0b brings everything back to normal.

In that thread you reference you reported the problem as:

• When using 6.0.9 the GSX Menu opens (which is triggered by LUA and a STRG+SHIFT+W "ipc.keypressplus" operation). So it looks like sending keypress with lua is working in general. But when the GSX menu opens I cannot press an option (0-9) nothing happens. Not with my script and not by keyboard - strange.
  • when I uncomment my script to .lua.off (to avoid loading it) I CAN press the GSX options (0-9) with keyboard again So something with my script and the change from 6.0.8 to 6.0.9.

We thought we fixed this, and you verified that the fix worked. What is different now? are you saying the same bug is back? 

You say it was fixed with 6.0.1.0b, but also that rolling back to 6.0.1.0b fixes your newly discovered bug, whatever that is (it isn't explicit above).  Your log states:

FSUIPC6, Version 6.0.10 (19th July 2020)

I think this indicates that it is the official 6.0.10 release not an interim update sent for testing. I  wouldn't have thought this would hve incorporated any other changes in the same area, but i will check ...

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I  wouldn't have thought this would hve incorporated any other changes in the same area, but i will check ...

The only change I found which is in any way related is that the default value of the parameter LuaTrapKeyEvent was changed from FALSE to TRUE. That should only affect key combinations explicitly requested via event.key functions.  Could this explain the change you see? Please try adding

LuaTrapKeyEvent=No

to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.INI file.

Have you a list of all the Key Combinations you use in event.key calls? I'd be interested to see it.

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hey Pete,

it was a "longer weekend" but I can confirm that keypresses are working again adding

LuaTrapKeyEvent=No

to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.INI file.

Why isn't it default any more? Can you turn it back to default in further versions?
Thank you for your support!

4 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Why isn't it default any more?

Tp make the behavior when handling events more consistent in FSUIPC7. In all other places, when FSUIPC handles an event, it is then masked/trapped and not forwarded to be handled by the FS (or other third party programs), except if specifically requested by the user. 

[Note not currently the case in FSUIPC7 (for MSFS) where masking of most event types is broken]

4 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Can you turn it back to default in further versions?

No, I believe it should be left as it is now. Just use the provided ini parameter. 

But any keys should only be trapped/masked if you are actually handling them in the lua script - why are you handling the 0-9 keys in the lua if they are for GSX?