The simFlight Network Forums

[v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator with Enhanced version

55 minutes ago, CajunRon said:

Play back crashes MSFS

I am able to record a flight but when I load the *.fcr file into FlightControlReplay, the replay starts. It plays for a 30 seconds or so and then crashes MSFS to desktop.

I started the recording after the introductory portion  when the plane is lined up on the runway ready for takeoff. But when the replay starts, it starts with the introductory portion (when you first press FLY NOW) but in this portion the plane is not visible.  The plane then appears and after a second or two MSFS crashes.

MSFS was crashing for me as well... Turning AI traffic down to 0 when playing back corrected the issue.

6 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Hi Karli ! 

i saw that your FCR that you run is FSX version.

FOR ALL : Please run FlightControlReplay.EXE that you found in folder FlightControlReplayMSFS and be sure your you set in MSFS AI OFFLINE and set slider to 0 for G.A and Airline traffic!

Thanks you

Sorry, my bad! Didn't realize there are multiple exe files.
Now it works like a charm. Hope you can fix the stuttering for "play AI" one day.

24 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Excellent, works great. Great video Karli, how do you do the scenes from a set position, I can follow my plane from all angles but cannot figure out how to get the set positions from the ground, fly by, or the far away views.

Thank you.

Drone camera. Then disable the lock and following and voila - you got a static cam wherever you want.
I have my old x52 pro system connected sdditionally to my yoke. So I can move the cam with a joystick. Also assigned the buttons to toggle following and lock, the cooliehat to pitch and roll and the second cooliehat to zoom.

32 minutes ago, Karli D said:

Drone camera. Then disable the lock and following and voila - you got a static cam wherever you want.
I have my old x52 pro system connected sdditionally to my yoke. So I can move the cam with a joystick. Also assigned the buttons to toggle following and lock, the cooliehat to pitch and roll and the second cooliehat to zoom.

Thank you, I tried it and need some work, lol, but I will get there. Thank you. I think I'll hook my drone to my controllers, or maybe the 360 controller.

• Like 1

I had a weird issue with an easy fix.

I connected FCR to fs 2020 right after firing up the sim, went to my local airport and the ground textures were horrible, a patchwork quilt of different tiles. I exited everything and started FCR and slid it to the 2nd monitor, started the sim, loaded a flight, hit ready and only after I was ready to fly did I hit Connect on FCR, and everything was beautiful and perfect.

7 hours ago, Karli D said:

My first video with FCR.

Flight Control Replay is finally compatible with MSFS 2020 so I can get better footage, even from a fixed point on the ground. This is my first video using FCR, enjoy the mountains and valleys of Switzerland.

Hi all!!! Thank you so much for all congrats arrived to me !

I m happy  help community have a lot of fun with FlightControlReplay!

As I said FlightControlReplay for msfs is only first step of journey! There are a lot of variables (like light and other things) that it can be fixed by Asobo . As soon as asobo update sdk I ll update my tool accordingly.

One advice for video rendering , if you maximise the window and start video rendering of flight recorded , I think there is no issue . 

A couple of advices more:

- PLEASE OPEN THE RIGHT    FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY.EXE FOR MSFS . This is placed is FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAYMSFS FOLDER 
Because there are three fcr version one for fsx (in the main folder) one for p3d in the flightcontrolreplayp3dx folder and Flightcontrolreplay for msfs in the FlightControlReplayMSFS folder ! 
- set ai offline and g.a and airline traffic slider to 0
- please press ReadyToFly button BEFORE that you use FlightControlReplay (play etc) 
- please disable crash option in msfs

I think that with these advices you ll can have a great experience ! Obviously as soon as Asobo update sdk I update fcr .

In this year there are a lot of things I ll announce on tool . 

Thank you for all and I m proud of all these fantastic comments

• Thanks 1

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for the fantastic software!

I am able to record the flight and playback without much issues, after following some of the do's and don'ts here.  However, when I tried to record the video when playing back the recorded flight, I encountered some problem - see error message in the attached screenshot.  What did I do wrong?  Isn't the camcorder button not used to record video?  I tried to record the clip to the other location, but the same error message came out.

Would be grateful if you or others in the forum could help.  Thanks!

*I can't insert a clear screenshot here due to max file size of 20kB.  I insert the link instead.

FCR Video Recording Error

3 minutes ago, flyfoxx said:

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for the fantastic software!

I am able to record the flight and playback without much issues, after following some of the do's and don'ts here.  However, when I tried to record the video when playing back the recorded flight, I encountered some problem - see error message in the attached screenshot.  What did I do wrong?  Isn't the camcorder button not used to record video?  I tried to record the clip to the other location, but the same error message came out.

Would be grateful if you or others in the forum could help.  Thanks!

*I can't insert a clear screenshot here due to max file size of 20kB.  I insert the link instead.

FCR Video Recording Error

How you had this issue ? Repro steps ?

10 minutes ago, FabioMerlo said:

How you had this issue ? Repro steps ?

Hi Fabio,

The steps are as below:

1. I set up a flight in MSFS.  Click Ready to Fly and plane on the runway.

2. Start FCR and record.

3. After finished the flight and while plane still in the runway, I reload the flight to play back.

4. Playback went well with no issues.  I click the camcorder button to record video.  It asked me the save location.  I chose a location and click save.  The error message occurred.

Edit: My computer setup, if it helps:

Macbook Pro 16" with Windows 10 Pro in bootcamp (located in external SSD).  eGPU with RTX3070 in Razor Core X Chroma.

Edited by flyfoxx
Add more info

Hey Fabio, Great job indeed. I followed your instructions and voila, no more crashes.

However I am not able to assign keyboard shortcuts for FCR buttons as mentioned in guide. There is no response or any changes on screen whatever the keys or combinations I press.

Capture.JPG