The simFlight Network Forums

[v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator with Enhanced version

Hello, I realized that the video recording neither record tire smoke effect nor touchdown sound? I used msfs and was landing on default 747-8. Can someone confirm these are being captured or it work sometimes not other times or it will be added in future?

2 hours ago, SrCapt said:

In my opinion, you should open a bottle of wine and take a few days off !

I think that would be a really bad idea.   

Right now, there are new users who will need tech support to get the product to work.   A few days away from his project would be a disaster.   

Probably a good idea to wait at least a  month before taking a few days off.  Especially since this is a product he is passionate about.  And, his paying customers will surely appreciate him being available😊

Does FCR record the Angle Of Attack indicator in the cockpit for playback?  I'm referring to the "green donut" with arrows above and below.  Specifically thinking about the Working Title CJ4.

Would be great to be able to monitor AOA while analyzing landings.

Thanks in advance!  

8 hours ago, AaronT said:

I use the NVIDEA Recorder and it works great.

I'll try the built in FCR recorder.

Hi AaronT,

Do share with us if you have any success using the built-in FCR video renderer/ recorder.  If your experience is positive, please let us know any particular Codec settings.

As mentioned in my previous post, I notice speed differences between the plane vs background objects.  See video link below.  Since you mentioned Nvidia, I gave Nvidia Geforce Experience a try.  Guess what?  All went on smoothly!

I really hope the FCR built-in video rendering bugs (at least in my case) get fixed, as it has the advantage of producing a smaller video files as compared to the Nvidia renderer.

https://youtu.be/KyCX_T7rdpw

The purpose of the video comparison is not to discredit the massive effort put into developing this fantastic software that I enjoy very much at the moment. Rather, it is to highlight some of the bugs the developer can pick up moving forward. 

Edited by flyfoxx
  • Upvote 1

Fabio.. is there a way of minimising FCR so it stays on top screen but in a smaller minimised condition so I dont have to use the task bar every time I want to use it, which is a lot?.... If not can I bind a key do do such a thing? Having it disappear totally is not good... thanks

15 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Has FCR been auto-updated? Today I have no more crashes, and I can set the target fps of recording so I can get very smooth recordings!

Hi! No fcr don’t have auto update , all updates you ll found are in simmarket and will be notified here in forum! 

i m happy that I don’t have ctd ! Msfs is quite unstable ... 

but will be better with future sim updates inhope

9 minutes ago, Capden said:

Fabio.. is there a way of minimising FCR so it stays on top screen but in a smaller minimised condition so I dont have to use the task bar every time I want to use it, which is a lot?.... If not can I bind a key do do such a thing? Having it disappear totally is not good... thanks

I ll work on it in next updates !

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Then I guess Asobo/MS have updated something on their end to stabilize FCR. I have used FCR all morning and didnt have a single crash using FBW A320 or WT CJ4. 

I hope ! Be one of affiliated 3rd party of Microsoft  I hope has his advantage 😎

At the moment I'm only interested in "replay", not cinematic recording.  I want to record my takeoff and/or landing and then watch it from a specific camera position.   But I just can't figure it out.  When I first started the replay, I could not access any camera controls.  Pressing the camera button in MSFS wouldn't bring up anything so I couldn't position the camera.  Eventually as the replay progressed I was able to access the camera modes but the replay was well into the flight with the plane just about clearing the end of the runway.  Not what I wanted.  When I recorded a landing and then replayed it, I was never able to access the camera controls while the replay was playing. 

I must be missing a very basic understanding of this program.   What am I missing?

Hi Fabio,

I did install the right Codec, it started the rendering and created the video file as well. But I noticed two things:

- the environment, like clouds, cars and other dynamic objects, continue to move in real time while FCR is rendering frame by frame the video. At the end, I'm getting time lapse effect on clouds and other objects and the plane moves in the correct timing. 

- after rendering few video seconds the Sim crashed. But I've listened from many people in the community, that the sim started crashing since server issues started on Friday, so might be this. 

Thank you. 

Victor

3 hours ago, CajunRon said:

At the moment I'm only interested in "replay", not cinematic recording.  I want to record my takeoff and/or landing and then watch it from a specific camera position.   But I just can't figure it out.  When I first started the replay, I could not access any camera controls.  Pressing the camera button in MSFS wouldn't bring up anything so I couldn't position the camera.  Eventually as the replay progressed I was able to access the camera modes but the replay was well into the flight with the plane just about clearing the end of the runway.  Not what I wanted.  When I recorded a landing and then replayed it, I was never able to access the camera controls while the replay was playing. 

I must be missing a very basic understanding of this program.   What am I missing?

I don't know but I just simply move my cursor to the top and the menu comes up and I can access my camera.

8 hours ago, CajunRon said:

As said custom camera and all camera views are fully compatible with FlightControlReplay . In addition you can also after you recorded a flight put a trigger where you want for change automatically your camera at a determinate frame ....  

7 hours ago, Victor Brasil said:

- the environment, like clouds, cars and other dynamic objects, continue to move in real time while FCR is rendering frame by frame the video. At the end, I'm getting time lapse effect on clouds and other objects and the plane moves in the correct timing. 

I'm also having this problem when rendering a video in FCR. The world like traffic and cars, wing flex and other parameters are running in real time while the aircraft renders frame by frame. The resulting video looks pretty silly. Is there going to be a fix for this or am I setting something wrong? This would have been one of the first things I would have noticed in beta testing so I'd be really surprised if they didn't catch this problem.

6 minutes ago, AaronR said:

I'm also having this problem when rendering a video in FCR. The world like traffic and cars, wing flex and other parameters are running in real time while the aircraft renders frame by frame. The resulting video looks pretty silly. Is there going to be a fix for this or am I setting something wrong? This would have been one of the first things I would have noticed in beta testing so I'd be really surprised if they didn't catch this problem.

Unfortunatelly these (cars, wingflex ) is a MS bug about pause , i hope AS / MS fix it in next simupdate and in my next iterations will be fixed!!! In this days ASOBO fixed server side a couple of behaviours and i think they are very quick to fix issues 😉

Be an ASOBO / MS official developer 3rd party is a plus 😛

Thanks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FabioMerlo said:

Unfortunatelly these (cars, wingflex ) is a MS bug about pause , i hope AS / MS fix it in next simupdate and in my next iterations will be fixed!!! In this days ASOBO fixed server side a couple of behaviours and i think they are very quick to fix issues 😉

Be an ASOBO / MS official developer 3rd party is a plus 😛

Thanks

Thanks Fabio!

I appreciate you clearing that up. I'll follow the forum and hopefully it will get worked out soon 

• Like 1

An announcement for clarify:

If you use FCR options "Load Replay Without load initial flight situation"  you CAN LEAVE AI REAL TIME and AI TRAFFIC ...:stuck_out_tongue: 
if you uncheck this option you must put AI OFFLINE and G.A and airline sliders to 0 until ASOBO dont fix this behaviour i hope in next simupdate (he told me)

Hello Fabio,

can you please tell me exactly how I can use the CamRecorder?

Steps that are clear:

I load a recorded flight click on the camroder icon. I have to choose a location, but my error still appears und the icon wont turn gern for me. 

I installed the right codec. Do I have anything else to start, or does the codec render this automaticly?

BUT I can not install directX from readme cause the link is broken, does this matter? I also can not install runtime 3.5 cause when I execute the setup nothing happens.

I just want to use the camCorder, please help me...

1 minute ago, skytom said:

Hello Fabio,

can you please tell me exactly how I can use the CamRecorder?

Steps that are clear:

I load a recorded flight click on the camroder icon. I have to choose a location, but my error still appears und the icon wont turn gern for me. 

I installed the right codec. Do I have anything else to start, or does the codec render this automaticly?

BUT I can not install directX from readme cause the link is broken, does this matter? I also can not install runtime 3.5 cause when I execute the setup nothing happens.

I just want to use the camCorder, please help me...

It is still this error: https://ibb.co/Yk6D1xB. It is another error than before where I had the wrong codec!