The simFlight Network Forums
Ádám Balogh

E-Jets v3 - Control Issues

Just now, Matty260191 said:

You sure you were in LOC not Vnav and FLCH?

Absolutely. LOC was already active, GS was armed. Nav source was V/L. It also could not be FLCH, because ALT was set to 1200' and I caught the plane at around 700' when I first heared "glideslope".

4 hours ago, Ádám Balogh said:

slowed to approach speed (Vref+5) before catching the GS. As soon as I reached that speed the plane started its descent and I got lots of "glideslope" aural warnings

Reads like your speed is to slow.  Try increasing vapp and test.

• Like 1

This early descent is just one issue, but the topic is about control problems. What is the best joystick setup for Saitek wheel? For other (yoke-driven) planes I use the wheel with zero null zone and maximal sensitivity. I used E-Jets v2 with zero null zone and about 80% sensitivity. However, V3 behaves as it would have  very large null zone on his own, and then  sensitivity is too high: small yoke movement, nothing, a little bit more, and the plane starts to bank or pitch very quickly. It is like flying the plane with switches. With other planes I have no such problem, not even with V2.

2 hours ago, Ádám Balogh said:

I used this one, but did not upgrade yet to 1.0.2. Mine is 1.0.0. My speed was Vref+5 exactly. I did not get stall warning or stick shaker.

I'll write this again ... Increase your vapp and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Ádám Balogh said:

maximal sensitivity

Does that controller adjustment until allow for changing the sensitivity?  I know FSUIPC allows that ... even allowing custom settings for individual planes.