Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Tummi

Massive FPS Drop

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Enrico Schiratti said:

Truth! I can't believe I actually signed up to a forum. 

Excellent work by John and Peter... whenever the SimConnect fixes arrive, they will arrive. Right now it is sufficient to test FSUIPC settings on the ground, and it is looking rather good. 

Hey old friend! Got a kick out of seeing the avatar label it gave you, if they only knew... 😉 

James

Enrico.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 737-SimGuy said:

Got a kick out of seeing the avatar label it gave you

I am sure I deserve it. LOL

I managed to get full screen outside view somehow. 

For instance, for the A320 (make a backup) go to your installation folder and navigate to

Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO\model

Edit model.cfg, set interior= to nothing.

Then, if you load the aircraft, you will still see the window frames and wipers going nutso.

Only way I found so far to avoid that is to rename one file, for instance A320_NEO_LOD06.bin_donotuse files.

Launch the sim…

I flew a bit, did not see any ill-effects so far. But I hope it will be just a simple option in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Enrico Schiratti said:

I am sure I deserve it. LOL

I managed to get full screen outside view somehow. 

For instance, for the A320 (make a backup) go to your installation folder and navigate to

Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO\model

Edit model.cfg, set interior= to nothing.

Then, if you load the aircraft, you will still see the window frames and wipers going nutso.

Only way I found so far to avoid that is to rename one file, for instance A320_NEO_LOD06.bin_donotuse files.

Launch the sim…

I flew a bit, did not see any ill-effects so far. But I hope it will be just a simple option in the future.

 

I did the same thing except the LOD file trick, I'll give it a go. I did manage to get rid of the actual wipers by deleting an animation section in one of the thousands of xml files, can't remember which at the moment.

Thanks for the tip!

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this in VATSIM forum and wonder if it will work. I will try it when I am home:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gobsmacked. - If I could package up the experience and veterans in this thread right now I would probably fall over. 
 

for those of you unaware, this thread is listed with comments from many years of experience. 
 

Thanks Pete and John for your hard work on this. 
 

James, Torsten, Enrico, Thomas, Pete. 
 

we couldn’t have any of this if it weren’t for you guys!

 

Trev

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cockpitbuilders said:

Gobsmacked. - If I could package up the experience and veterans in this thread right now I would probably fall over. 
 

for those of you unaware, this thread is listed with comments from many years of experience. 
 

Thanks Pete and John for your hard work on this. 
 

James, Torsten, Enrico, Thomas, Pete. 
 

we couldn’t have any of this if it weren’t for you guys!

 

Trev

Thank you Trev, it has been a great ride! My hat is off to all of you for your amazing talents and tenacity making this a fantastic hobby 🙂

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not related to this thread, but all FSUIPC7-beta users should update to the latest build. For details, please see 

 I recommend all beta users to follow that thread, as that is where I will be posting updates on new build releases during the beta test period.

Cheers,

John

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
  11 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

But Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update.

Unfortunately all that means is that we won't know when we get the patch until August 27th, but the patch release date the then announce may well be weeks later. They're not promising fixes on the 27th.

😞

Pete

 

Exactly...

It's always a problem to deal with german background with certain words of the English language, one of those is "expect" that has a different meaning in the other language.

Thomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zfehr said:

Saw this in VATSIM forum and wonder if it will work. I will try it when I am home:

 

I tried this at lunchtime. Does not appear to have any effect on our issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to replace the 8/8/2020 simconnect.dll with the 7/22/2020 one sent with the SDK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zfehr said:

Is it possible to replace the 8/8/2020 simconnect.dll with the 7/22/2020 one sent with the SDK?

Sorry, but I don't understand this. You do not need the SimConnect.dll with the latest build as it is compiled against the (recently added) static SimConnect.lib.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zfehr said:

Is it possible to replace the 8/8/2020 simconnect.dll with the 7/22/2020 one sent with the SDK?

As John says, we don't use it now in any case. AND I'm pretty sure those two 'releases' are actually identical. I tried the older one before downloading and installing the later SDK and the performance was the same. It's the release version of MSFS that's responsible, not the SDK.

The SimConnect.DLL is only a set of calls using TCP/IP or PIPE into MSFS itself. It does no work as such. Using the static lib we integrate directly instead.

Pete

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem with cirrusII and avionics with RIC and rudder. Low FPS when fsuipc7 is activated and calibration for the yoke is off, both pitch and roll. But all controls work, all buttons work too. Hope this gets updated soon. Im using the xbox controller for the meantime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 7:31 PM, 737-SimGuy said:

I did the same thing except the LOD file trick, I'll give it a go. I did manage to get rid of the actual wipers by deleting an animation section in one of the thousands of xml files, can't remember which at the moment.

Thanks for the tip!

James

This is even better: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/forward-view-no-instrument-solution-plus-walkaround-for-every-plane/197291/2

Simple and effective. And the lights still work. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enrico, that’s actually how I had accomplished this. When I saw the cameras.cfg file did that right away. 
 

just have to be cautious to see if PM functions will interfere with the built in ones. Ie the MCP fighting with the one in the panel.cfg

 

Trev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cockpitbuilders said:

just have to be cautious to see if PM functions will interfere with the built in ones. Ie the MCP fighting with the one in the panel.cfg

So far it looks quite good. No big issues.

Just doing other stuff while SimConnect gets sorted out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John,

Just saw this post from a developer over in the MS Forum and thought maybe it’s worth a try in FSUIPC as workaround until MS fixes things:


Yes. Confirmed that deactivating the AI fetching in simconnect removes all of the stuttering, but obviously it needs a fix so we don’t have to do that.

This was fixed in FS2020 previously but has returned as a bug in the release.

May not be trivial obviously but I thought I’d throw it out there...

James


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We tried that but it didn't have that much of an affect, only  a few fps. You can de-activate the AI by adding
        ProvideAIdata=No
to the [General] section of your ini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

We tried that but it didn't have that much of an affect, only  a few fps. You can de-activate the AI by adding
        ProvideAIdata=No
to the [General] section of your ini.

Ahh well, was worth a try 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.