The simFlight Network Forums

Some Improvements in Sounds and Lights

atav757

Been pretty bored the last couple of days, in those days I added some immersion to this airplane in the form of sounds and better lights. Since the sounds are either free use, recorded by me, or belong to a friend of mine, (Nick) I'll distribute this package and instructions on the video description when I'm ready. The lights, sadly, legally cannot be shared. Although I created the effects, they're attached to the model of the airplane. Keep in mind I'm not a real developer nor designer, I just do this for fun and realistic airplane sounds and lights give me joy. Feel free to use the sounds as you wish. Or, make them even better!

Hope you enjoy the video!

Some things: A friend of mine noticed that a sound would happen without the respective synoptic page showing that it should be. Simply, we all know some things are modelled wrong on this airplane, and I'm sure FeelThere is working on them! All logic I've included was taken directly from ATA maintenance manuals and flight crew training manuals. 

Feelthere: If you'd like any of my help fixing some of the system logic, feel free to ask! I'd be happy to volunteer some time and information.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Mets747 said:

darn! I'd love to get those external LED lights, this default nonsense has got to go!

I know! I wish I could share the lights, huge improvement. I’m surprised FT hasn’t tried, it took me 10 minutes to make them.

On 9/13/2020 at 11:16 PM, Mets747 said:

@FeelThere You should really consider adding these lighting effects onto the Ejets it will completely transform this great aircraft to an even greater aircraft, like @atav757said it only took him 10 mins to change the lights. Thanks so much!

13 hours ago, dylan_williams94 said:

So I'm taking a guess the LED lights can't be given to us? I would like to use them 

Technically I can absolutely give the LED FX files since they were made by me. Because feelthere used the same effects for all planes, you’d just have them showing on all the E-Jets which is up to you. And they used the default sim beacons (unfortunately) so if you use mine all your default airplanes / possibly AI will have those beacons. Like I said if they quickly embedded them into the model like I did, it would be perfect. I’ll try and remember to attach it to a reply tonight.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, atav757 said:

Technically I can absolutely give the LED FX files since they were made by me. Because feelthere used the same effects for all planes, you’d just have them showing on all the E-Jets which is up to you. And they used the default sim beacons (unfortunately) so if you use mine all your default airplanes / possibly AI will have those beacons. Like I said if they quickly embedded them into the model like I did, it would be perfect. I’ll try and remember to attach it to a reply tonight.

Appreciate if you can share the FX files

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, raam123 said:

Please watch the video of the takeoff roll.

From 00:33:00 minutes...

At around 115kts a strong sound of what seems to be wind ?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/770145838

I fixed the code so that it matches more the technique for the 757/767 so it's much better, please redownload. Also, do you use "Loudness equalization" in your windows sound settings? This would cause that wind sound to be highly exaggerated as well.

7 hours ago, atav757 said:

I fixed the code so that it matches more the technique for the 757/767 so it's much better, please redownload. Also, do you use "Loudness equalization" in your windows sound settings? This would cause that wind sound to be highly exaggerated as well.

Thx

I will redownload and test it.

"do you use "Loudness equalization" in your window" , no I don't...

Thx for your work.

Tested it and it much muchh better !

Thank you again !!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, BoeingG said:

@atav757 any update on the LED files?

The best I can do:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12aGlRUmre-PwXg57Hcpsq_LjH6s3iBo6/view?usp=sharing 

"Here's a link to at least the fx files. I've renamed them to default P3D so that at least you could stick them into P3D and see them. Yes I used MCX. If you have that just go to attachments and you'll see where it says beacon strobe, you just rename them to whatever file you want them to use. PLEASE backup the original model, as it could seriously mess up the model if anything renders incorrectly."