The simFlight Network Forums
atav757

Some Improvements in Sounds and Lights

Been pretty bored the last couple of days, in those days I added some immersion to this airplane in the form of sounds and better lights. Since the sounds are either free use, recorded by me, or belong to a friend of mine, (Nick) I'll distribute this package and instructions on the video description when I'm ready. The lights, sadly, legally cannot be shared. Although I created the effects, they're attached to the model of the airplane. Keep in mind I'm not a real developer nor designer, I just do this for fun and realistic airplane sounds and lights give me joy. Feel free to use the sounds as you wish. Or, make them even better!

Hope you enjoy the video!

Some things: A friend of mine noticed that a sound would happen without the respective synoptic page showing that it should be. Simply, we all know some things are modelled wrong on this airplane, and I'm sure FeelThere is working on them! All logic I've included was taken directly from ATA maintenance manuals and flight crew training manuals. 

Feelthere: If you'd like any of my help fixing some of the system logic, feel free to ask! I'd be happy to volunteer some time and information.

40 minutes ago, Mets747 said:

darn! I'd love to get those external LED lights, this default nonsense has got to go!

I know! I wish I could share the lights, huge improvement. I’m surprised FT hasn’t tried, it took me 10 minutes to make them.

1 minute ago, Shom said:

@atav757 this is great! Any idea if the sounds are compatible with the TSS addon max edition sound pack for the E175?

Absolutely! That’s what I use as well, it’s completely separate.

Just now, atav757 said:

Absolutely! That’s what I use as well, it’s completely separate.

Any ETA on the sound package readiness??

2 hours ago, Shom said:

Any ETA on the sound package readiness??

I suppose it’s ready, maybe I’ll work on making a readme tonight til the end of this week.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, atav757 said:

I suppose it’s ready, maybe I’ll work on making a readme tonight til the end of this week.

That would be great I'm a fan of realistic sounds especially from the passenger view I use a lot.

@FeelThere You should really consider adding these lighting effects onto the Ejets it will completely transform this great aircraft to an even greater aircraft, like @atav757said it only took him 10 mins to change the lights. Thanks so much!

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 11:16 PM, Mets747 said:

@FeelThere You should really consider adding these lighting effects onto the Ejets it will completely transform this great aircraft to an even greater aircraft, like @atav757said it only took him 10 mins to change the lights. Thanks so much!

13 hours ago, dylan_williams94 said:

So I'm taking a guess the LED lights can't be given to us? I would like to use them 

Technically I can absolutely give the LED FX files since they were made by me. Because feelthere used the same effects for all planes, you’d just have them showing on all the E-Jets which is up to you. And they used the default sim beacons (unfortunately) so if you use mine all your default airplanes / possibly AI will have those beacons. Like I said if they quickly embedded them into the model like I did, it would be perfect. I’ll try and remember to attach it to a reply tonight.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, atav757 said:

Technically I can absolutely give the LED FX files since they were made by me. Because feelthere used the same effects for all planes, you’d just have them showing on all the E-Jets which is up to you. And they used the default sim beacons (unfortunately) so if you use mine all your default airplanes / possibly AI will have those beacons. Like I said if they quickly embedded them into the model like I did, it would be perfect. I’ll try and remember to attach it to a reply tonight.

Appreciate if you can share the FX files