The simFlight Network Forums

PFChid64.dll support for ms2020

paddler

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Okay.

Also, according to the Logs you supplied earlier (3 messages above), the axes are all responding okay too. So can you now list exactly what isn't working for you? i'm still a bit confused about it.

If you are still using your FSUIPC6.INI renamed to FSUIPC7.INI, none of your Profile files will be working as the names of the aircraft in the assorted [Profile....] section of the INI won't match any of the MSFS names. So the general assignments will apply, and there you don't have any made for the yoke, only for the rudder & brakes (not on the Cirrus), and Throttle, PItch and Mixture on the quadrant.

Pete

Pete,

All programmable buttons and switches do appear in FSUIPC7, but I have not as yet programmed any. The switches, such as lights etc. do not appear in FSUIPC7  but do work in the aircraft in MSFS. I am assuming that these switches are hard programmed by PFC as they do not appear in FSUIPC7. One such switch,  a five-way "off-right-left-both-start" (and there are two) responds in the aircraft but, it cranks the engine and propeller while held in the start position but will not complete the start. I resort to Ctl + E to start the engine.

I have deleted the renamed FSUIPC6.ini file and a new FSUIPC7.ini has been generated anew and has assigned and calibrated the throttle-Pop rpm- mixture axes. These function well in MSFS. The Elevator trim, aileron and elevator  axes of the Cirrus Jetliner yoke do  not show up in FSUIPC7 for assignment nor calibration. However, they do function properly in the aircraft in MSFS. As they function in the sim I assume that they are also hard programmed by PFC like the the switches and buttons identified in the preceding para.

5 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

I picked up and connected the C2 Pro here now.

The C2 has for axes they are different, Ail / Elev / Ail-Trim / Rud-Trim.

The Controller are seen by both MSFS and FSUIPC but neither can see those axes. You will find that you will not see any axes working in Windows Game Controller panel.

Can you confirm this?

Only the Throttle axes will be recognized in FSUIPC but not in MSFS.

Thomas

Thomas,

I confirm your findings. My C2 Pro has the following axes controls. There are two rotary dials, Aileron Trim and Rudder Trim, for setting fine trim. There is a wheel Elevator Trim dial on the front of the panel that I use for fine adjustments. There is also a rocker switch located on the left handle of the yoke for electronic Elevator Trim ( also moves the hand trim wheel ). The yoke of course handle up/down elevator and left/right aileron axes. Non of these show up for assignment in FSUIPC but do work appropriately in the aircraft in MSFS.

Gentlemen, I believe then that things are now working for me with FSUIPC7 in MSFS. I have so far only flown the Cessna 172. I also have more PFC throttle quadrants (Twin prop, Twin turbo prop, twin jet) that will allow for me to verify that landing gear, Carb Heat, Cowl flaps work. I will let you know if there are any issues. I also have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS that I will eventually test out with FSUIPC7. If there is anything specific that you would like me to do please just ask.

I sincerely thank you both for your attention to my posts.

Rick

Hi,

we have an interim solution for the Yoke axis problem.

By adding the following lines to the [Config] section it will force PFC to send the Aileron and Elevator axes to its PFC offsets instead and not hard coded to FS direct as raw value. This way FSUIPC will recognize the axes on axis tab and when assigned you can calibrate them on Axis Calibration tab as usual. Nothing to remove or to change, just adding those lines to that section.

[Config]

Ailerons=FSUIPC
Elevator=FSUIPC

The other both not recognized axis in FSUIPC but still hard coded sent to FS are the both TRIM rotary knobs, AilTrim and RudTrim. If you want them different programmed/ usage you can as well add in addition the following lines to send them to FSUIPC the same way. They are then as well in Axis tab recognized and you can send them i.e. to an Offset bey selecting "Send to FSUIPC Offset"

[Config]

RudderTrim=FSUIPC
AileronTrim=FSUIPC

You should be now OK with that. Any other axes, Throttle quadrant are anyway correct sent as Axis and in FSUIPC recognized as that.

Thomas

Hi,

that's my file

[Options]
FlashAPcapts=Yes
FlashMarkers=Yes
FlashTransponder=Yes
FlashADFindicator=Yes
DMEuseRMIselect=Yes
UsingProsim=No
PSUchecklistTimer=0
[Debug]
Console=No
LogComms=No
LogData=No
LogDecode=No
LogDevices=Yes
LogDeviceChanges=Yes
LogToDebugger=No
LogIPCwrites=No
LogMacroNames=No
LogTxData=No
LogReadCounts=No
LogLoopActions=No
[Config]
TrimRange=256
ApBeepWave=sound\Caapdis
AlertWave=sound\AltAlert
MacroFilename=PFC

Ailerons=FSUIPC
Elevator=FSUIPC

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Hello:

I have a USB PFC Cirrus 2 Pro console which used to work properly with MSFS using the Beta version of FSUIPC 7, PFChid64, and Thomas’ suggested additions to PFChid64.ini. 

With my newly registered version of FSUIPC7, the Cirrus 2 Pro no longer works - none of the axes (Elevator, Aileron, Throttle, Mixture, Prop) are detected by the FSUIPC7 “Axes Assignments” section on the “Axis Assignments and Calibration” tab. Interestingly, my separate set of PFC Cirrus USB Rudder pedals are immediately detected by FSUIPC7.

The FSUIPC7.log file indicates that PFDhid64.dll is loading ok and that the PFC devices are identified.

I can no longer find the PFChid64.ini and the PFChid64.log files.

All axes and switches of the Cirrus 2 Pro work properly when tested with the PFCTestGUI utility.

Does anyone have any suggestions for further troubleshooting ?

Thanks very much -

Jack

Addendum: It's now mostly working:

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the USB from the Cirrus 2 Pro.  

FSUIPC7 can now detect the axes of the Throttle/Prop/Mixture controls. 

Although the Elevator and Aileron axes of the C2 appear to be undetected by FSUIPC7, they are actually being passed to MSFS along with all the other switches on the console. This is a different behavior than that of the FSUIPC7 Beta which did allow detection and setting of calibration curves for both the Elevator and Aileron.  

This can partially be worked around by use of the PFC calibration utility.

Jack 

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

Edited by rjatwater
New information, clarification of original post.