The simFlight Network Forums

Prepar3d c.t.d. immediately at at startup-HELP!!

Just installed FSUIPC6 for Prepar3d V4.  (new).  As soon as I start the sim, it crashes to desktop. If I uninistall the FSUIPC, or if I use the free /unregsitered version.  it starts normal again. HELP!  

If I install with my registration info, Prepar3d crashes with the below error. 

I tried deleting the weatherstation bin and wx files, to no avail. 

PREPAR3D.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. 

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available....

Edited by Marcelo SCEL

Can you please attach your FSUIPC6.log (from the crash when registered, but also when using it unregistered if possible) and .ini files please. Also check the windows event viewer to see if there is a crash log there, and if so show it to me.

John

P.S. I have deleted your 'status update' message to Pete. All support is via the forums, not PMs or 'Status Update' messages, whatever they are...

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Can you please attach your FSUIPC6.log (from the crash when registered, but also when using it unregistered if possible) and .ini files please. Also check the windows event viewer to see if there is a crash log there, and if so show it to me.

John

P.S. I have deleted your 'status update' message to Pete. All support is via the forums, not PMs or 'Status Update' messages, whatever they are...

Yes, attached the LOG files and crash reports.  

crash.txt ini with registered.txt ini without register.txt Log with register.txt Log without regsiter.txt

Looks like its crashing on scanning your devices and registry. I'll take a closer look tomorrow, but could you tell me what joystick/usb style devices you have?

I can see just a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, but it looks like there is problems retrieving its details from the registry. Did you install Saitek software and/or drivers? If so, please uninstall them, disconnect your yoke and then reboot. Connect the yoke and try again. If you haven't got any additional drivers/software installed, it still worth disconnecting, rebooting and re-connecting, maybe in a different USB port. And if you are connected to a USB-3 port (blue), try a USB-2 one instead.

I'll take a look in more detail tomorrow and see if we can add some extra logging to track down where.

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and throttle, yes with default Windows drivers, usb2.0

Just uninstalled the Saitek and bingo!  Now Prepar3d starts normally with the registered version!

So, it seems you are right, drivers of Saitek... Now what? Will try to plug back in.. and see what happens!