The simFlight Network Forums

Runtime error: VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found

katoema

You should read the release note (or the README.txt that is in the FSUIPC7.zip) which contains this:

Issues
1. If you receive the following error when running FSUIPC7:
        The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
   Please see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll/8fe4965d-2013-49cb-816e-17cc2bb0c077?auth=1

John

• John Dowson changed the title to Runtime error: VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found

As a follow on: Yes the FSUIPC7.exe launched, but after extensive work on my new computer with profiles, etc the informat in my FSUIPC7 log and the FSUIPC7 ini both show  what I was using on the old computer, but doesn't seem to be working on the new computer! Also, the WideFS is now not working, it's not connecting.

What have I missed? The FSUIPC7_prev.log is taken from the old computer.

Thanks

Martin

FSUIPC7_prev.log FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

2 hours ago, katoema said:

What have I missed? The FSUIPC7_prev.log is taken from the old computer.

Apart from WideFS what isn't working now which was earlier?   Your wideFs problem is explained: the new Log shows:

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

so you evidently have not transferred your WideFs registration. Mind you, the "Prev" log was the same. So are you sure you had WideFS working there?

Pete

Hi Pete, Yes it was working on the old computer. I now see where my error cam about with copying what I thought was the previous log. Earlier John was communication with me about the runtime error. When the new computer was updated to W10 v2004 I saved the files again and, of course it was the same one! Attached is the file log from FSUIPC4, 

What should I do to have the .ini file working? I have brought all the controllers in MSFS back to default, as it was in the old computer when I used FSUIPC to make changes to my controllers.

Thanks

Martin

FSUIPC4.log

You only have 6 button assignments (4 of which look to be to controls that no longer exist) and no axis assignments, all to your 'C' device, which is your "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" and is missing (i.e. not connected). Looks like this may be due to a GUID change. There is also an extra rudder device 'TPR T.Pendular Rudder' which is not connected.

I think you would be better off removing your current assignments and starting again.To do this, replace your current [JoyNames] section with:
[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes

and your [Buttons] section with:
[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10

Then start MSFS/FSUIPC7 and see if you can see all your devices. If you can't, then send me the new FSUIPC7.ini, FSUIPC7,log and FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv files.

If you would like to use your old settings from your FSUIPC4 installation, first do the above to check all your devices are recognised and assignable, and send me those files, but also send me your old FSUIPC4.ini file and I'll let you know what you can do to copy your assignments across.

John

John, to be sure all is OK so far, I attach the 3 FSUIPC7 files. Interestingly  my WideFS details are there, but the log states that it is not user recognised or expired!

I also attach FSUIPC4.ini file. I'd like to have those assignments; then when FSUIPC7 is back to normal operation I can add further assignments to it.

Thanks

Martin

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC4.ini

14 minutes ago, katoema said:

Interestingly  my WideFS details are there, but the log states that it is not user recognised or expired!

There is something wrong with your WideFS registration details. Make sure that you haven't included the '<' & '>' characters - there are there only to indicate the parameter that needs to be replaced. Check your details are correct, but if you cannot get this to work please PM me your FSUIPC7.key file and WideFS7 order details (date and order number) and I'll check them. Please DO NOT post them publicly. Make sure this is also a WideFS7 registration - you cannot use a WideFS6 registration with FSUIPC7.

18 minutes ago, katoema said:

I also attach FSUIPC4.ini file. I'd like to have those assignments; then when FSUIPC7 is back to normal operation I can add further assignments to it.

Well, you can add them but there are only 7 assignments, like I said. You also have no profiles yet created. To keep your assignments, add the following to your [Buttons] section:

1=RA,28,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-
2=UA,28,K113,8     -{Key press: F2}-
3=RA,30,C1061,0     -{engine 1 autostart}-
4=UA,30,C1062,0     -{engine 2 autostart}-
5=RA,31,C1063,0     -{engine 3 autostart}-
6=UA,31,C1064,0     -{engine 4 autostart}-
7=P2,19,C66704,0     -{APU_STARTER}-

I'm not sure why your previous log didn't like the engine autostart assignments (the comment for these assignments was empty). I've checked and those are still available (or should be) in FSUIPC7. Try them, and let me know if they are working still please, and if they are recognised in your ini (i.e. the correct comment is still there when the ini is re-written).

Thanks,

John