The simFlight Network Forums

Controller mapping

vgbaron

Am I correct in assuming that the mapping of flight controls for individual a/c is still waiting for Asobo to enable various inputs? With the Simconnect fix coming today, I thought I'd revisit controlling my hardware via FSUIPC but if various axes are still inop, it might be a waste of time for now.

I hope you guys get a proper SDK to work with soon, from what I hear, the current one is a mess.

Thanx,

Vic

As it looks like I'm going to have a four day weekend  and I have the update, I'm going to dig into mapping my controllers as close as i can gto my p3d setups.

With P3D/FSX using FSUIPC to control all inputs required disabling the joysticks.  How do we get around this in MSFS2020? I haven't found any specific "disable joystick" command.

I am assuming that I can go through each controller in MSFS and set up a null profile and assign that. 

Would this be the correct way to approach using FSUIPC for this? Again I assume that if I leave my current profiles alone and create nulls and assign the as active in sim, there should be no conflicts with anything in FSUIPC and should I want to revert to in sim control, just not run FSUIPC and assign an active (not null) profile.

As usual I am probably overthinking this - I appreciate any suggestions you have.

Thanx,

Vic

14 hours ago, vgbaron said:

but if various axes are still inop, it might be a waste of time for now.

I think most axes are working, apart from the view (PAN VIEW) and slewing axes. If not, please let me know.

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I am assuming that I can go through each controller in MSFS and set up a null profile and assign that. 

You can try that. My devices don't have any default assignments so I haven't investigated this yet. Otherwise, just remove any default assignments that you don't need. You may want to keep some assignments anyway, e.g. for controlling the views.

You should initially try with you existing FSUIPC4/5/6 ini if you have one. Just copy it to your FSUIPC7 installation directory and rename it to FSUIPC7.ini, and copy across any auxiliary files that you may use (.lua, .mcro). Anything using lvars or mouse macros will not work, or anything using P3D specific controls, but you can remap these afterwards. Anyway, worth a try rather than starting directly from scratch.